Pounding Heart

Triangle Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I screamed at the top of my lungs, Mum promptly came rushing into my room looking a little panicked.

 

 

"Why? What happened, honey?" Mum asked, flustered.

 

 

I instantly turned to Mum.

 

 

"Thief." I murmured slowly, still in shock.

 

 

Mum raised an eyebrow, didn't get what I mean.

 

 

"A thief broke into my room!!" I snapped, unable to get over the shock of what happened to my room.

 

 

I pointed my finger to show Mum the state of my room.

 

 

Mum's pair of eyes scanned my room high and low. She looked really calm about it. I blankly stared at her.

 

 

How can she be so calmed?

 

 

Much to my shocking, she unexpectedly gave me a smile.

 

 

"Oh, this is not a thief's doing." She calmly said while still smiling.

 

 

I frowned. What did she mean by that?

 

 

"Actually, I let Jihoon to play in your room earlier. I didn't expect him to create such mess." Mum said and giggled. I don't think this is funny.

 

 

But wait! Did she say Jihoon just now? By Jihoon, don't tell me that noisy brat?! Park Jihoon?

 

 

My eyes widen in shock. I couldn't believe what I heard. This is crazy. I received too much shock all at once.

 

 

"I was planning to clean up your room after I finished doing the dishes in the kitchen. So don't worry too much about it, okay?" Mum said and winked as if it was not a big deal at all.

 

 

Well, to her maybe it was not a big deal but to me it means someone just declared a war.

 

 

I tried to be calmed about it.

 

 

"Never mind! I will clean it myself." I said and let out a big and frustrated sigh.

 

 

Mum looked rather surprised, "Eh, really?"

 

 

I nodded even though I was burning inside thinking about that little intruder.

 

 

Mum beamed, "Got it! Then I will go downstairs now. There's still some dishes I have to do."

 

 

She said and started to walk away happily, exiting my room but stopped when I called out for her.

 

 

"Wait, Mum!"

 

 

She blankly turned to me.

 

 

"Where's Blanc?" I questioned.

 

 

Mum smiled and replied, "Ah, Blanc? It is with Jihoon. They are probably in the guest room. Jihoon seems to like Blanc a lot."

 

 

I sighed in relief. I thought Blanc was missing for real.

 

 

"I see. Alright then." I remarked and Mum later walked away leaving me alone in this messy room of mine.

 

 

I wonder what did that kid do in my room to make it this messy. He did this on purpose, didn't he? Does he hold a grudge against me or what?

 

 

I sighed heavily at the sight of my messy room.

 

 

*****

 

 

An hour later, after I was done cleaning my room I went downstairs to drink some water in the kitchen.

 

 

I saw Mum was resting on the sofa as I was passing by the living room. She must be tired from doing the housework.

 

 

"Hyena-ah, did you finish cleaning up your room? Do you need any help?" Mum said while smiling as she saw me passing by the living room.

 

 

"No, I already finished cleaning it." I replied whilst walking to the kitchen.

 

 

She nodded as I answered her.

 

 

"Hyena-ah, what do you want for dinner tonight?" Mum suddenly shouted from the living room making me almost choked on the water I was drinking.

 

 

That sure did surprise me.

 

 

"Anything is fine." I shouted back, answering her question.

 

 

I continued to drink the water after answering her.

 

 

"Then, is Spicy Soft Tofu Stew fine with you?" Mum shouted, again. Surprised for the second time, I finally choked on water.

 

 

What a bad luck I have today.

 

 

"Honey, are you alright? Why are you coughing? Did you catch a cold?" Mum shouted again, asking me.

 

 

I shook my head in disbelieve.

 

 

I went out from the kitchen and walked to the living room. I can't afford to get myself choked again.

 

 

I took a sit beside Mum on the sofa.

 

 

"So, what did you ask again?" I asked wanting to continue the conversation that we had just now before I choked on the water.

 

 

Mum smiled, "I'm just wondering whether Spicy Soft Tofu Stew is fine with you for dinner tonight?"

 

 

I nodded, "It's fine. I love tofu stew."

 

 

"Then, what do you want for the side dishes? I'm thinking of cooking Vermicelli Noodles, Pollock Fish Pancake and also Grilled Marinated Beef. It's fine with you, right?"

 

 

I smiled and nodded again.

 

 

Mum always get excited when talking about cooking or food. She really loves to cook. She knows how to cook almost every dishes. That's why she prefers to be a housewife rather than to work. She wants to cook for her family.

 

 

But unfortunately I didn't inherit that trait from her. I don't know how to cook at all. I think it's wise if I stay away from cooking or else I'm just going to burn up the entire kitchen.

 

 

"But we're already ran out of tofu and shiitake mushrooms. Also we will need clams for the stew. As for the beef, we still have it in the fridge but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter