Chapter 9

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Wait. What do you mean Miso left school?” L asked Bomi.

“She left school.” Bomi repeated her words.

“But why?”

Bomi hesitated before speaking, “She should be the one that tells you this,” she sighs. “If she trusts you. I’m not in the position to tell you.” She walked away, leaving him alone.

 

After the guy arrived, Miso immediately left the crowd, leaving without her books that were still on the floor. L picked them up and tried to catch up with her, but lost sight of her amidst the crowd of students.

The new guy also tried to catch up to her but when he moved forward, the students started to crowd around him, screaming his name. He could only smile while maintaining his image of the cool guy they had always known he was.

L took a final look and it just so happens that the new guy looked at him. They exchanged glares.

 ‘I’m back, L.’

‘Go away, Kai. You’re not wanted here.’

‘That’s why I’m back. To piss you off.’ Though Kai kept his smile on, L knew that he was smirking in his mind at him.

 

“Hyung, is Miso at the shop?” L asked Sunggyu over the phone.

“No, why is there something wrong?” Sunggyu asked.

“Nothing. Just asking though, did anything happen between a guy named Kai and Miso?” L asked.

There was a short silence and Sunggyu replied, “She would have to tell you this if she trusts you.” L sighed when he heard the same words come from Sunggyu. “Go to her house. I’ll text you the address. If she doesn’t answer the door, I want you to just enter her house. She hides her key under her door mat.”

L waited for the message before leaving for her house. He took a cab. He kept on thinking on Sunggyu and Bomi’s words. Did something really happen between Kai and Miso?

Without him realizing, he had already arrived at her house. He paid the driver and exited the cab. He stood outside her block and observed the building. It was a small building with some plants hanging down from the neighbors’ windows. Thanks to the plants, the building had some colour to it.

He took the lift to her floor and found her unit. He pressed the doorbell and waited for a while before pressing again. When no one answered the door, he lifted the doormat and like what Sunggyu said, took the key. He opened the door only to be greeted by a sight of Miso cleaning her house.

She did not seem to realize that he was there as she had her headphones on. She swept the floor without giving a care. He stood in front of her and she jumped slightly when she saw him.

She took off her headphones. “What are you doing her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter