Chapter 5

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L watched the clock as the second hand ticked by. It was the last lesson of the day and L was looking forward for school to end. He was somehow looking forward to be able to smile and be happy again.

At another class, Miso looked at the clock as well. She, on the other hand, was not as looking forward as L. She was still not fully prepared to help L. She was scared that she would fail this mission she gave to her.

Sure, she was happy to be able to spread a little happiness to L. But what if he still remained unhappy and in the end, give up. She was not going to give up on making him smile.

Life was too sad to be all frown-y. Live life to the fullest.

Finally, the bell rang. L got up from his seat and left the classroom. He walked to the gate and waited patiently for Miso to come.

Miso walked with light steps to the gate. She took deep breaths as she walked. She smiled when she saw L waiting for her.

Her friends had actually asked her to hang out with them but she declined them, knowing that she had to do something special. Making L happy was special to her.

Her best friend, Bomi, walked beside her. When she saw L waiting, she slightly squealed. Miso had told her everything that L told her. Miso trusted her with all her heart. They both have been friends since they were little children.

Bomi bowed slightly at L and left the both of them alone. Miso greeted him and asked him to follow her. L followed her absentmindedly.

He followed her to a bookstore. “Look for a notebook that you like and we’ll start.” She instructed him.

L nodded and walked away to find a notebook that he liked while Miso walked around the store.

There were lots and lots of notebooks that were in different designs. There were dark blue, pink and many others that were different. L skipped all of those, none having L’s interest.

L finally spotted one. It was very simple. The cover was black and inside, the lines were just like any other books, plain and simple.

He grabbed it and walked over to Miso who was skimming through some storybooks. He held it in front of her face, getting her attention.

She looked at the notebook then at him with a raised brow. “This?” She pointed at the book. “Don’t you think it’s too simple?”

L just shrugged. “You asked me to pick one. So I picked this.”


She sighed and took it from him before paying for it at the counter. L followed her and took the book from the staff. “Let’s sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter