Chapter 7

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L went back home and Miso’s words stayed on his mind. If two people were meant to love each other but not meant to be together, did that mean that he should move on? If he must, who would he love in the end?

 

 

 

“Why are we here?” L whined a little. Miso chuckled a little at the sight as he looked like a little kid.

Miso had brought L to a bookstore, and it was a big one. She loves to read. She goes to the library to borrow books and she reads at least a chapter a day. Reading is a joy and it makes her happy. Even when she sees books, she’s happy. On the contrary, L didn’t like to read. He wouldn’t say he hate it, just that reading makes him bored and sleepy.

“Come on. Don’t be such a baby.” She said. “Let’s go.” She grabbed his arm and went in. She opened the door and entered. They were greeted by the smell of books, more of which are old book smell.

Miso smiled as she took a deep breath. Oh, how she loved that smell.

“What type of books do you like?” She asked L as she browsed through the shelves of books with L tagging along behind her. He shrugged.

“Not sure.” He replied shortly. She thought for a while of what type of book would suit him best. She thought of one and dragged him along to the book.

“Here.” She passed him a book. L raised his brow and the book he received. “An adventure book.” She smiled. She went to browse for books while he looked through the book.

‘How did she know I like adventure books?’ He wondered as he looked through the content of the book. He got interrupted with a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and met Miso carrying two books.

They went to the cashier and she paid for their books. They walked to a nearby café and sat down. They ordered their drinks.

“I want you to read at least a chapter of this story a day.” She pointed at L’s newly bought book. She smiled cheekily when she noticed his sad expression. “You can read it at night before you go to bed, like I do. C’mon it’s for your own good.” She persuaded him.

He nodded reluctantly. Their drinks arrived shortly. “Pass me your notebook.” L took the book out of his bag and passed it to her. He watched as she drew something on it. She placed the book on the table. “Is this cup half-full or half-empty?”

Miso drew a cup half filled with water. “Half-empty.” He stated like it was the obvious.

“Ah… you’re that type.” She said, earning a confused look from L.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter