Chapter 6

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L sat down and waited for Miso to come. She had informed him that she had to do something first before meeting him so she asked him to go to the park first.

He looked at the notebook he held in his hands. He flipped to page 1. There were the five simple rules on the first page. On the second, he had written all the happy or good things that happened the day before. He had taken a lot of thinking before he wrote them for he found it hard to think of the happy things.

“Hey,” Miso sat down beside L. He quickly closed his notebook and nodded as acknowledging her presence. “Sorry I took so long. Busy with schoolwork.” She explained.

L shrugged, indicating that it was alright. He stared at her outstretched hand, not knowing what she wanted. “Show me your notebook.” She pointed at the notebook. He hesitated for a while before handing it to her.

She flipped to the second page and raised her brow at his list.

Miso willing to teach me when no one else would.

She raised it and looked at him. “Only one?” She asked. She sighed as L just shrugged.

“It’s hard actually.”

Miso shrugged as well. “Better than nothing.” She said with a smile.

She thought that L was just joking but he wasn’t. What he wrote was true. He was really happy that she was willing to teach me. He could not possibly think of anyone else to teach him. Who would be better to teach you be happy when you have the happiest person to teach you?

Miso stood up and lifted L up by his hand. “Let’s go.”

“Go where?” L asked as he allowed himself to be dragged by her.

“You’ll know.” She replied excitedly. She dragged him to another place at the park. They stood beside a tree next to a river.

“What are we doing here?” He asked.

“Look over there. What do you see?” She asked as she pointed towards an old man sitting alone on a bench, facing the river.

“An old man sitting on a bench.” He said it like it was the obvious.

“No… I mean, yeah. He’s an old man. But I mean, what do you think about the old man?”

He thought for a while as he tried to take a closer look at the old man. The old man looked sad and remorseful like he is missing something that is no longer in this world but at the same time happy.

“He looked sad and remorseful.” He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

She nodded at his words. “You’re right. But to me, he’s sad and happy at the same time.” L frowned at her words. She grabbed his wrist and led him to the old man.

“Hello Grandfather.” She greeted the old man.

The old man smiled at her and patted the seat next to him. “Ah, Miso. Come, sit sit.” Miso and L took a seat beside the old man. “Who’s this?” The old man finally noticed L.

L bowed a little. “Oh. He’s my new friend, L. Real name ‘Kim Myungsoo.’” The old man smiled and nodded. “Grandfather, how’s your day today?”

“Good. The same old same ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter