Chapter 4

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Teach me how to be happy.” L repeated. “I want to be happy.”

Miso stared at him, wondering whether she had heard him wrong. When she heard him repeat his words, she was sure she had heard him right.

“Why?” She asked.

“Just because…” He started. “Because I’m tired of being unhappy. I’ve not been smiling for a long time now. It’s time to change.”

Miso nodded her head. “Ok. I’ll help you.” She said with a smile.

“What?” He asked. “You’ll help me?” L was shocked that she agreed to help him. Helping him to smile again was a difficult task, it’s been so long since he last smiled. But then again, it was all about spreading happiness around.

Miso nodded and turned to look at him. “Yup. I’ll help you.” She looked at her watch. “I need to go now. We’ll start from tomorrow. Meet me at the gate of school after school tomorrow.”

L nodded and she stood up. “Oh. Before I forget,” She bent down to eye level with L. L watched her movements. She placed her thumb and index finger at each side of his mouth and lifted the sides. “Try to smile from now on.” She gave him her best eye smile. “See you tomorrow.”

She stood up and left L alone at the rooftop. L nodded when she waved goodbye at him before leaving. He stayed at the rooftop a little longer. He stood up and went to the edge. He watched Miso board the bus and leave.

A soft breeze blew his hair. He relaxed when the breeze went and go. He was happy that someone was finally willing to help him. Finally, maybe things can go back the way it was. Not fully, but at least go back a little. He tried to move the sides of his mouth up, but the sides went back down as soon as his fingers left the sides.

He sighed and left the rooftop.

 

“Hello.” Miso entered the café and greeted her co-workers, Infinite.

“Hey!” The six of them greeted her back with a big smile. They were glad to see that their favorite little ‘sister’. They would always get influence to smile whenever they see her smile.

No matter how bad their day was, whenever she came to work with that smile of hers, all the sadness and anger would disappear from them and a smile would appear.

She wore her apron with the help of Sunggyu. Sunggyu ruffled her hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter