Chapter 8

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What are we doing here?” L asked her.

“What else? We’re going to exercise.” She smiled.

They stood on the jogging track in their sports gear. Miso had asked L to meet her at the sports stadium for that day’s lesson and asked him to wear his sports gear.

Miso started jogging around the track with L jogging beside her. They let silence engulfed the both of them while they jogged. The stadium wasn’t that packed since it was on a weekday. Only a few people were jogging with them. The wind blew and Miso’s ponytail swayed along with the wind.

Within a few rounds, she started to get more tired while he was still perfectly not tired. She walked to a bench and sat, trying to catch her breath. A bottle of water appeared in front of her. She looked up to see who it was. It was L. She accepted the bottle, muttered thanks and gulped down the water.

“Why bother running when you’re only going to suffer?” He asked her. He found out that her stamina was low based on seeing how slow she ran. Why would one want to do something when that would cause him or her to suffer?

“Because,” She paused to catch her breath, still tired from that running, “exercising is good for being healthy. Plus I like to run. Exercising sort of remove the toxins from the body. So it would make one happier.” She explained.

L nodded in understanding. ‘So exercising makes one happy as well.’

 

 

“Come inside.” She said as she opened the door. “Welcome to my paradise.” She made drastic motion toward the room.

Miso has brought L to the school’s dance studio. This was where she could let loose. She would dance her problems away. She loves to dance. Dancing makes her happy, and maybe it would as well for L.

She had asked the keys to the dance studio from her teacher. The teacher trusted her since she has always been a good student. She just needed to lock the studio once she’s done and give them back the next day.

“Come.” She dragged L in. They put their bags at the side. L sat down on the floor and leaned against the wall. Miso played some music. She started to move along to it.

“Don’t just sit there. Dance.” She held out her hand. L took her hand and stood up. “Here.” She held his hands. “Follow my steps.”

She took two steps back and L stepped two steps in front. He took two steps back and she followed to the front. They took one step to the left and another to the right. Their hands swayed a little to each step they made with their eyes on their feet.

They looked up and she smiled at him. He could practically see the happiness in her eyes. He could already guess how much she loved dancing. He smiled back without knowing.

“Oh my god! You’re smiling.” Miso jumped, still holding onto his hands. “You’re finally smiling!”

L’s smile just got wider and his eyes turned to crescent. “Really?”

“Yeah!” He stiffened when she suddenly hugged him fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter