Chapter 1

The Guy Who Never Smiled & The Girl Who Always Did
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

L held up the book to his face and pretended to read. He peeked out of his book, letting his eyes scan the classroom. He watched his classmates going to their friends and catch up on what happened during the holiday. He returned to the book after scanning. *These fake people…*

His classmates were those fake people. He didn’t li-, no, he hated how some of his classmates pretended to be friends with each other. How could you be a fake friend? You will only hurt them, that’s just wrong. That’s why he doesn’t have a friend. He was afraid of betrayal.

He stopped reading when he heard a familiar laughter coming from the back of the classroom. He turned around and stared at the owner. The owner is Miso, who he calls ‘the girl who is always smiling’.

Miso is always smiling and laughing. By ‘always’, he means whenever he sees her, she’s always smiling. When they walk pass each other, she’s smiling. In the classroom, she’s smiling. Even when she gets scolded, her tip of would come up just a little, showing hints of a smile.

L always wondered how she was able to smile all the time, with society being that cruel and judging. Many girls are caring about beauty, boys, etc.

Miso is not popular in school. She knows a lot of people but that’s just because she’s sociable. L has this feeling that she’s different. Different in a way but he didn’t know what was different. Was it because she’s not rude and y like those popular girls in school? Was it because she’s not as pretty as other girls? Or was it because that she was always smiling and being a cheerful girl?

He observed the way Miso smiled. Her eyes would become crescent every time she laughs and smiles. Sometimes she laughs by opening wide, forgetting to cover . Sometimes she would remember to cover it, but forgetting to was more often.

That’s another thing that’s different of her. She doesn’t act girly at all. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter