Beach Day and Old Friends

Yin Yang Couple

Ahh beach~~ The family had finally arrived in one of the most famous and beautiful beach in town. There's a lot of people around since it's a holiday season and families and friends gather around. Chaerin saw bunch of people with their umbrellas and swimming attires. So many y girls around in here, she thought.

"Ah! There's a space right there!" Chanyeol patted her back and pointed out the empty space. Chanyeol immediately run towards the spot, with the picnic basket and umbrella in his hand. He sure looks like he's struggling, but Chaerin is thankful that her brother is energetic for this kind of things. 

"Chaerin ah! Follow your brother." their mother instructed. She almost rolled her eyes, because isn't it still obvious to their mother that she's in fact following Chanyeol's steps. 

"Excuse me. Thank you." she keeps on saying, as they take this challenging path full of people.

Finally, after a while, the family reached that spot with Chanyeol's great lead. They immediately set up their umbrellas and everything. 

"The beach looks packed today, isn't it." their father commented. Their mother sighed before speaking up.

"I agree. We could've just drop by to the restaurant and have a peaceful time." she shook her head. 

"Ey. That'll be boring." Chanyeol said, Their mother didn't replied by that, but by the look of her face, she doesn't look please on the entire environment after seeing the crowd.

"What is beach without the crowd?" their father added. Yeah right~~ but there's a lot of beach here in Korea that doesn't look like this. 

"Aigoo. What's the real deal with this beach?" their mother replied. Chaerin cheerfully sat down and help Chanyeol prepare everything. 

"I'm glad that you're in a good mood now." Chanyeol remarked. 

"Of course I am. We're in a beach." she replied.

"Hmm. Well, I just kinda noticed that you're mood is a little bit out of way this last few days, and not to mention, you are kinda bipolar every now and then." Chanyeol added. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows.

"You mean, I'm becoming bipolar?" she asked. Chanyeol nodded.

"Hey, you two, stop chatting. Our foods are going to spoil." their mother suddenly said. Chanyeol growl. 

"Anyway, did you brought the chicken?" their father asked. Their mother look at him with wide eyes, like he just said something crazy.

"You did  not tell me to bring it." she said. Their father crumpled his hair out of frustration. 

"Are you cra....!! Aish! Nevermind! Chaerin ah, go to the chicken place nearby and buy a chicken." their father ordered. She immediately disagree on that idea. Why would they let a pregnant woman go and get some chicken alone? Oh right! They don't know that she's pregnant. 

"Appa!!" she protest. Their mother had enough of Chaerin's overactings so she hit her on her legs until it got red.

"Yah!! Umma!! Why would you do that to your prescious daughter?! This is abuse!" she whine. Their mother eyed her like a hawk.

"Prescious prescious what?! You aren't! You've been acting like some kind of annoying teenager who doesn't want to go on family gathering because she felt like she will hate every second of it!" their mother told her. Chaerin rolled her eyes. 

"Chaerin, will just go! It's not like you will die." Chanyeol said. Chaerin want to hit him. He's really not helping. She stood up and started venturing the crowded beach towards the chicken place. 

Her oversized shirt was covered in sweat. It's kinda hot today. She wanted to wear something thin and nice for this weather and for the beach. But it's not like she still has a flat stomach. She kinda noticed that her stomach is getting bigger and fatter. There's a small round already. She's now 8 weeks pregnant, so it's no surprise. 

She went on and on and look for the chicken place up the freaking hill. 

"Ch.....Chaerin?" a voice called her. She doesn't look at first.

"Chaerin!" the voice called again. She look back only to find someone familiar. 

"T... Taeyong!" she beamed. 

"Oh my God! You're back!! I can't believe it!" Taeyong said as he run to her and hug her tight. Chaerin hug him back.

"You're really here!" he said unbelievably. Chaerin laugh at Taeyong's cuteness.

"Yes yes. I'm here. I'm back after five years." she said. Taeyong beamed again. 

"Wow, look how much you've changed. Is Seoul's air can make you taller a little bit?" he asked. Chaerin laugh again.

"I think so. How about Gangwon's air? Can it make you look more handsome?" she complimented. Taeyong obviously blush with that compliment. 

"Wow! Wait, are you with Chanyeol hyung and your parents?" he asked. Chaerin nodded.

"Ah~ That's good. I never even thought that you guys are here. I hope you told me." he said.

"Yeah yeah. I'm sorry. I was about to tell you. We just got here yesterday." she replied.

"Oh right. Hmm. Okay. By the way, where are you off to now?"

"Ah yeah. I have to buy some chicken? Do you know some great place here?" she asked.

"Are you kidding? Noona just open a new chicken restaurant last year!! C'mon! You should check it out!" he grab Chaerin by the hand and they started running towards this chicken place that Taeyong's noona, Taeyeon own.

"Noona! Look who's here!" Taeyong cheerfully said. Taeyeon showed herself and was surprised on the  newcomer.

"Oh my Goddness! Is it our little Chaerin?!" Taeyeon run to hug her.

"Eonnie!!!" she hug her back tightly. This eonnie got really pretty. 

"Oh my God! It's really you!!! How dare you not tell us that you'll come? We could've thrown a welcome party for you!" Taeyeon said. Well, that's kinda true. This eonnie here loves parties, because she can get a chance to sing and brag about it. But overall, she really could've throw a party for Chaerin and her family. 

"Wait! Is Chanyeol and your parents are here?" she asked, looking around to check out any sign of them.

"Ah yes. But they're at the beach. Anyway, we just got here yesterday. We had barbeque and stuffs. We still stay at Grandma's old house. It's still nice and warm." she said. Taeyeon smiled with that. She's still the same kid Chaerin who talks a lot. Chanyeol and her are so much alike. 

"It's good that you guys are back. I really miss you!!!" she hug Chaerin tighter than before. God! How much she miss this girl. Suddenly, her eyes widened. Something's hard is pressing her tummy. 

"Oh my God! What's that in your stomach? Do you wear something metal inside your shirt?" she asked and let go of the hug. Chaerin felt like her heart fall to her . Did this eonnie noticed her hard stomach? 

"Ah!! No! I ate a lot earlier, so my tummy's kinda big and hard. I'm sorry." she said. Sweats started to form on her forehead and to her nose, and it's not from the weather. 

"Oh yes! I mean, you must've miss the foods here right? What is it like in Seoul? Do you guys eat only beef and pork there?" she joked. Cherin doesn't know if she will laugh with that, she doesn't even know what Taeyeon is talking about. 

"I hope you brought everyone in here. I would love to see everyone with you." she said. Chaerin agreed.

"Yes of course! I can tell them that we could visit you and Taeyeon later. I know Umma wants to see you too." she replied. Taeyeon's eyes sparkled hearing that. 

"Really?! She does? How about Chanyeol? Did he say something about me?!" she excitedly asked. Chaerin chuckled with that. It's no secret to everyone that Taeyeon, despite being older to Chanyeol, holds a deep connection with him. She has a huge crush on him when he was starting high school. And she confessed to him when he entered junior high school. It's so weird because they only see each other in summer. They never got together though, because Chanyeol is already pursuing Mina since freshman. 

"Uhh.. Yeah.. S..sure." she replied, not really wanting to hurt Taeyeon's feelings.

"Really?! So, what does he told you about me?? Oh my God!" Taeyeon fangirl. 

"Uhh. Just some things, like how he wanted to see you guys. I mean, Taeyeong and you." she lied. Chanyeol never did actually said that. He's too busy being the 'more useful child' since yesterday.

"Ohhhh.. See Taeyeong?? Chanyeol misses me. Anyway, are you here for my chicken?" Taeyeon asked. Taeyeong rolled his eyes.

"Noona, that sound kinda wrong. Hey, Chaerin? What flavor do you like?" Taeyeong proceeded to the kitchen. 

"Garlic of  course. And spicy.. Two buckets." she said. She look around and Taeyeon also started showing her around. Wow! This place really did changed. She clearly remember how this place used to be an empty garage, filled up with unused stuffs, some paintings Taeyong did but never sold, and a car their mother had. By the way, Taeyeon and Taeyeong are half siblings, but they love each other more than anything.

"So, what made you decided to open up a chicken place?" Chaerin asked. 

"Well, there's not much chicken place in here. And, me and Taeyong really likes chicken." Taeyeon replied. Chaerin chuckled with that. Suddenly, Taeyong arrived with the buckets of chicken in his hands. 

"Here it is Chaerin~" Taeyong said, and handed it to Chaerin. 

"Oh, wow! It smells so goood~~ Are you the one who cooked this?" she asked Taeyong, the latter blushed before nodding.

"I bet it taste really good. Anyway, how much is it?" she asked.

"Are you kidding? We won't let you pay. It's free!" Taeyeon patted her back.

"W..what. but it'll be unfair." she murmur.

"How is it?" Taeyeon asked. She put her hand on Chaerin's shoulder.

"Just make sure to visit us with your family." she said. Chaerin beamed.

"Alright." she smiled. She bid her goodbye to them. She's actually pretty excited on telling this to her family back in the beach. They must be having fun right now. 

Chaerin walk towards the beach, back to her family. It's so nice seeing old friends again for sure. She's very excited to tell it to her family. She's very sure that they will be thrilled to see Taeyeon and Taeyong again, afterall, it's been a long time. 

Walking at the shore, she's starting to have a hard time looking for her family. There's so much people in there that she don't even know where the spot is anymore. 

"Ugh! They can ask Chanyeol to do this, why would they ask a pregnant woman like me?" she murmured under her breath. She spotted her family in one spot and immediately went up to them. 

"Hey family! Here's the chicken you guys have been asking for." she said and laid the boxes of chicken down. She stretch up afterwards. 

"Chaerin ah, why don't you swim? Chanyeol is already running around at the shore. You should join him and have a sister brother bond together." her mother suddenly said. Chaerin scoffed with that. Did her mother said that just because she wanted to be alone with her dad?

"Nah! I'm good Umma." she said and laid down. Her mother shook her head, her daughter is getting lazy lately. 

"Why are wearing a big shirt like that?" her mother asked again. She almost rolled her eyes. 

"Umma, why don't you join Chanyeol? You should have a mother son bonding." she said. She heard her mother hissed. 

"Chaerin ah, I don't have time to run around like that alright? I'm old and I don't have that much energy as you. You want me to die already?" she asked. Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows.

"Umma, no one dies from running around at the beach, well, except if it's an accident." she replied.

"Aish! This little~" their mother complained. Chaerin look at her father and he seems like he doesn't care at all about the conversation between his wife and daughter. 

"Appa?" she called. Her father look at her.

"Is it possible to cut our trip short?" she asked. She didn't heard a reply back. 

"Park Chaerin" her mother called. 

"I mean... urrgh nevermind anymore." she said and stand up. Whatever, she'll just have to survive for herself and for her baby in this trip. 

She tried to look for Chanyeol despite the people around shoving everyone away. Honestly, there's just so many people around.

"Chaerin ah!" she heard Chanyeol's voice called her, she waved at him to get his attention more. He literally has to pull her out of this crowd.

"Urgh! Who enjoys this kind of 'vacation'? Only umma and appa right? Tell me they're the only ones who's enjoying this." she said to her older brother. 

"Sorry Chae, but I kinda enjoy this too. I mean, just look at the girls." he joked. 

"What the actual ?! Are you cheating on Minah unnie?" she accused. 

"I'm joking for God's sake!" Chanyeol replied. 

"Don't you just dare Oppa. Because honestly, if you did that, I would despise you." she said. Chanyeol raised both of his arms.

"Alright Alright! But you know I can't and will never ever do that right?" he look at his sister. 

"Well, kind of. But you're still a man so.." she said. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

"Why? Did Sehun did that to you? Did he ever cheated?" he asked, ready to stormed back to Seoul anytime soon and punch the hell out of Oh Sehun if he ever did. 

"No! Of course not!" she replied. Chanyeol sighed in relief.

"Because really! If he ever did that to me, I swear he will never see our ing ba....." she didn't finish her sentence as she realized what she's saying. She immediately covered . She almost blurt out that she's pregnant. 

"See what?" Chanyeol confusingly asked. 

"Nothing, nothing." she replied. Somehow, she managed to get away with that easily as Chanyeol also shrugged it off. Suddenly, Chaerin remembered something!

"Oh! Oppa, remember Taeyeon  unnie?! And Taeyong? I saw them earlier! Can you believe it? Taeyeon unnie already started her chicken place business!" she said. Chanyeol look at her and immediately became excited.

"Wait what?! Is this for real?" he jumped around. 

"Yeah! I know right! Taeyeon unnie became so pretty! And Taeyong is really tall now. Can you believe it?" she shook her head.

"We should totally see them! I mean, it's been ages!" he recommended. 

"Yeah, absolutely! I told them that I will go back to the chicken place with you, Umma and Appa." she replied.

"Ooooh! That's so cool! We can have a party with everyone again!" Chanyeol excitedly said. Chaerin then gets serious.

"But Oppa. Don't you think it'll be strange?" she asked.

"Strange what?" Chanyeol asked. 

"I mean, you and Taeyeon unnie. You rejected her right?" Chaerin asked without any mercy. 

"Oh right! I almost forgot about that!" he suddenly remembered how he turned down Taeyeon for Minah. 

"But.. That was in the past right?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yeah, but you know how it is... What if she hold on to the past?" Chaerin wonders. When she met Taeyeon earlier, it didn't seem that she even tried to moved on. But she could be wrong. She could've been putting a show in front of her, just to make her kind of comfortable. Maybe she did move on. 

"Nah, don't make it such a big deal! I mean, I bet she already did moved on from that. That was like five years ago." Chanyeol said, clearing up whatever Chaerin might be thinking.

"Alright, let's just hope that she already did." Chaerin replied. The two of them walk around the beach, trying to find anything interesting that might caught their attention and make fun of it. Chaerin sighed. She misses Sehun so much!

 


A/N: Hello and welcome back to my story. It's been on a draft since I can remember. I hope ya'll  enjoy the update <3 Leave a comment on what u think~ muah :*