Blessing

Yin Yang Couple

It's Thanksgiving dinner and the foods on the table are all feisty and everything. The Park family spend this day, getting ready for this particular dinner, cooking foods, decorating the house and even dressing up. It's been their family tradition, this only comes once in a year after all. 

"Pass the jeon please." their dad ordered. Their mother lovingly passed the food, then their father, stared lovingly at his wife's sparkling eyes. Chaerin stared at them. If she's not emotional and all, she'll think that this is beautiful. But she is, and she suddenly thought if she and Sehun will also be that way when they got older and had a family themselves, that is, if Sehun will stay. She sulk on that thought, will Sehun stay the same forever for her? 

"So, did our Chaerin already liked it here? Just like before?" their mother asked. She beamed with all her might though she doesn't feel like it. 

"Yeah. I mean it's been a while since we visited this place. I kinda miss it, in a way." she said. 

"I'm glad you feel that way. You miss this place, trust me." their father speak up. Chaerin just nodded. Life here and life in Seoul is way different from one another. He's right! Being here isn't so bad itself. She then look at her family. She wants to tell them so badly. But she's scared. She clench her fist together and gulp. Telling them would be the best, but will it be the best for her and Sehun? 

"Umma, Appa, Oppa." she called. Her heart feels like it's just going to burst out open and she'll die right on the spot. This is damn hard. Every member of her family look right into her. 

"I....I...." she can't seem to find the next words to match up with that. She became speechless, like her tongue is so afraid to show itself to the public. 

"I miss having this family get together." she said. She mentally facepalmed. Sooner or later, she have to tell them, they have a right to know. She can't hide behind the bush as always. 

"Aww. I miss it too Chaerin ah~" Chanyeol sang, really touched on his sister's words, little did he know she only say that because she's hiding a darker and bigger secret. Her mother patted her back, and her father beamed at her, also touched on what did his daughter said.

"Anyways, Chanyeol, you and Minah will be having your vacation in Jeju right?" their mother suddenly asked. Chanyeol excitedly nodded.

"I am looking for a good hotel to book. I've been thinking how many times I browse on the internet, but no luck, I can't find a good hotel." he said. Chaerin's ears flared. 

"J..Jeju?" she asked. Chanyeol look at her and nodded.

"Oppa, Oppa, did you know, Sehun's dad is a hotel Vice President in Jeju. If you like, you can just contact Sehun and ask his dad to book a hotel for you guys." she said. 

"Chaerin ah, that's pathetic. For what? So that they can get a free hotel room?" her mother complained.

"No umma, they can also just pay for it. But Sehun's dad can just hook them up to one of the best hotels in Jeju." she replied. Chanyeol facepalmed.

"What's the name of the hotel?" he asked.

"Three Royals Hotel." she replied, like it's nothing.

"T...Three Royals Hotel?! Are you?! Are you kidding me? That's the most expensive hotel in Jeju! Do you expect me to pay for $10000 a night for a hotel room? No way!" he disagreed. Three Royals Hotel is maybe, the best, but the most expensive hotel in Jeju, and potentially in the entire country. Chanyeol knows that Sehun's dad works at the hotel, but he never expect him to work there. He's been fantasizing what would be a night on that hotel. Champagne, view, and massages. It'll be perfect!

"But that's Sehun's Appa. I'm sure he can hook you up with some good hotel accomodations. In fact, you're Sehun's bestfriend." she shrugged. Chanyeol knows that Chaerin is right, he can always give Sehun a call, and ask him about it, but 10000$ is no joke.

"You're right, I can, but I don't have enough money for that." he sadly said. Chaerin's shoulder also sank. They can afford things but not things like that! Chanyeol is a college student so he has no strength to pay up for that kind of money. 

"Chanyeol, why don't you try looking further? It's not about the place where you are, it's who you are with." their father mentioned. Both Chaerin and Chanyeol smiled meaningfully. They appreciate their father being like this. Their mother smiled and held her husband's hand. 

"Appa, thank you. You're a good Appa." Chanyeol said and chuckled. Their father chuckled back. He wants nothing but the happiness for his children, both Chanyeol and Chaerin. He look at Chanyeol who's happilly digging his food already, and his face fell when he look at Chaerin.

There she is, crying like a mad woman, for no reason at all. She's so emotional, even the slightest touch of words can tear her up. This is another part of her pregnancy, having emotional mood swings at it's finest. 

"Appa, that was so beautiful." she said, and wiped her tears away. She wonder who the hell would top his father as the man of her life? She wonders if Sehun would be like her her dad if she gave birth? She wonders if Sehun will stay by her side, just like her father stayed by her mother's side all these years. 

"I'm sorry. Maybe it's the rice." she said, Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. What the hell is this woman crying all and about like that? She's going crazy base on his observations.

"Aigooo, Chaerin ah! There's no need to cry with something so damn simple." their mother shook her head, confuse on why her daughter is acting this way, on thanksgiving dinner is a cozy weather like this? She's not depress isn't she?

"Ch...Chaerin ah, are you... are you depressed? Honey!" her mother overreacted. 

"Umma, she's not depressed, she's going crazy." Chanyeol remarked. Their mother look at her daughter in horror, and the two man laughed on the sight. The thanksgiving dinner went well that night, and honestly, their hearts were full of happiness and love towards each other. Chaerin can't think of a night better than this, as of now. 

 

Tomorrow early in the morning, Chaerin woke up with a morning sickness again, she silently cursed as she run towards the bathroom and throw up. She honestly wish it will end already, or else her family would suspect her of something more than crazy. Chaerin found herself idling in one swinging bench outside the house, this morning is so cold, she can feel the air coldly touch her cheeks, and her arms and everything. 

"My baby, just hang in there alright? Tomorrow we'll see your Appa again." she talked to her tummy. She grab her phone from her pocket and admire Sehun's face. God knows how much she misses him. What the hell is he doing right now? Did he have a great thanksgiving with his family? Did he eat well? 

Suddenly, an anonymous number appeared on her screen. She doubt it at first, but decided that it's better to just answer the call whoever it is.

"Hello who is this?" she answered. There was no answer on the other line so she repeated it.

"Hello? Who is this?" she asked, now a little bit louder. She heard a chuckle on the other line, then her a thunder seems to struck her chest. That chuckle, it's from someone really familiar. 

"How can you forget me Chaerin ah?" Kris asked with a deep voice. Chaerin felt her shoulders sank. How the effin hell did he get her number? And who the  gave it to him? She didn't manage to respond to him after that. Kris calling her is just weird, and she felt uncomfortable.

"Chaerin ah? Are you there? It's me. Kris." he confirmed. Chaerin gulped.

"K...Kris?" she asked in a very soft voice.  She heard a laugh on the other line.

"Yeah. Anyway, I heard you are in Gangwon." he said. Chaerin silently cursed. How the did he know? Who went around town and mention it to him? She carefully think of any person who could do that.

"H..How did you know?" she asked, unsure on why she's still entertaining this call. 

"That doesn't even matter. Anyway, is it crazy or what? I'm actually here in Gangwon too." he announced. Chaerin's eyes widened and she thought it almost burst out her eyes. What is this guy saying? Is he really here or he's just saying that for a reaction? She honestly don't know what's worst.

"W..what did you say?" she asked.

"I actually visited a place here in  Gangwon. I was surprised to know that you and your family are also here." he replied coolly. Chaerin is starting to have a huge doubt about what he said. Did he really?

"Listen, I... I don't know if you're joking or not, and I honestly don't care, but don't you think it's time for you to stop with these games and jokes cause it's not funny anymore." she snapped. She heard a long pause before she heard Kris replied.

"I'm not playing. I'm really here. Do you want proof?" he asked. The call ended immediately without her even saying her protest. The is that?! Moments later, her phone beeped as she received a message from the same unknown number. To her surprise, it is Kris, posing in one of the most familiar place in the town. She held her stomach. What does this guy want now? She honestly don't know if she should tell Chanyeol. 

"!" she cursed under her breath. Her jaw tighten as her fist clench. 

 

The day ended as it is, and Chaerin can't hide her worry. What if ing Kris just arrive and show himself again? She hates that thought. It is not impossible for Kris Wu to find them since everyone here knows this house, and she remember mentioning it to him, when they are in their toxic relationship in the past. 

The family decided to visit Taeyeon and Taeyong. For a while, Chaerin forget about Kris. The family arrived at the chicken place and was welcomed by the Kim Taeyeon, who's gazing Chanyeol like she's ready to jump and eat him anytime soon. Taeyong, still, as the nice, and shy kid greeted the newcomers warmly. He offered them the best chicken in the restaurant, and Chaerin noticed that the two also ordered some huge sum of food for them. This warm kind of welcome makes her shy. 

"Chanyeol, you grew so well. How are you?" Taeyeon asked the taller man, who's now sitting in front of her. It actually makes him a little bit uncomfortable, just Taeyeon looking at her like that.

"Uhmm. I'm good Noona. I'm in college now." he said. Taeyeon's eyes sparkle like someone just put the stars in it.

"Really?! That is so manly! Where do you go?" she asked, putting her face on her hands.

"I go to Konkuk. Studying something about software and all of that." he said. Taeyeon giggled.

"That's awesome! Actually I've been thinking on continuing college myself, but Taeyong here is almost in college so I thought, oh well." Taeyeon said. Their mom overheard what she just said.

"Oh, is Taeyong planning to go to Seoul for college?" she asked. Taeyong waved his hands no.

"No. I am just planning to go to college here. I mean, in that way, I can still help noona with the shop, and I can be with my friends." he said. Chaerin smiled with that.

"Ohh, that is the sweetest thing ever." she complimented. Taeyong shyly chuckled with that. 

"So, how's the business going? Everything going well around here?" their father, being a business minded fella he is, asked.

"Yes sir. We opened this chicken shop a year ago, and surprisingly, it's still going strong as ever, there's never a day we had a dead or boring day." Taeyeon replied, with a smile.

"That's very good to hear! I, myself is also thinking of opening up a shop when I retire." he said, totally entertaining that idea of having his own shop around a busy area in the heart of Seoul. 

"Having a shop is really fun! You can interact with a lot of different people." Taeyeon beamed.

"What are your advice about opening a shop?" Chaerin and Chanyeol's mom asked.

"Oh just be confident about it, that you're not going to sell people . Be confident about your products. It'll be fun." Taeyeon muttered. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, remembering Baekhyun's mom.

"Baekhyun's mom is always stress, she keeps on hitting Baekhyun when he doesn't help around shop." Chanyeol then remember how Baekhyun would complain about his mom, and her chicken shop. Some customers will also hit on him, ask for his number and everything. He honestly doesn't like that. And what if his dad did open a shop, and asked him to help around? He started getting scared on that idea.

"Okay, I guess we will just won't open a shop. right? Appa?" Chanyeol asked, nervously. 

"Chanyeol what are you saying? We were just asking Taeyeon about business." his father replied, weirded out by his son. Taeyeon noticed how Chanyeol doesn't like that idea of having a shop, her heart slowly sank. She thought she can marry him someday and together, they will work in this shop, as a happilly married couple. 

"Taeyong ah? Is school okay?" Chaerin asked the quiet and naturally shy boy beside her. 

"Yeah. We'll be graduating soon. I'm kind of excited, but at the same time, I can't help but to feel sad." he said.

"Why? Because of friends right?" she asked. Taeyong nodded.

"A lot of our friends are aiming to go to universities in Seoul. I'll be left here, I guess." he replied sadly. Chaerin went sad with him. The two of them decided to go outside to just catch up about life and talk for a while as Taeyeon prepares their order. 

"Don't worry much about it Taeyong. I mean, you'll meet new amazing people here in town." she said, hoping it will make him feel a little better. Taeyong give her a fake smile. 

"Yea, and noona will be here too. Like it should be okay, I guess." he said, convincing himself to be okay about the situation.

"Exactly! It'll be fine okay? Don't worry about it Taeyong." she cheered him up. 

Taeyong take a good look at Chaerin. 

"What about you? Where are you off to for college?" he asked. He's kinda hoping that she might probably get in here, but that'll be kind of impossible. He likes Chaerin. Not in a romantic way, it's just he thinks that she would definitely like it around here.

"Hmm. Seoul. Of course. Will stay there. I am planning to go to Yonsei or Hanyang. It's very tough unis to get into but it'll be worth it when you graduate you know." she explained. Teayong agreed with her. She is indeed, right. Competition in these universities will eat you up.

"But to be honest it doesn't matter.." she mentioned with her eyes averted to nowhere. 
"Right now I just wanna be wherever Sehun will be." she added. Her eyes still stuck into the void. 
"S..Sehun?" Taeyong asked. He has no idea who is this person she's mentioning about. He wondered if he is her boyfriend. And his wondering was confirmed right when Chaerin showed him her wallpaper picture on his phone. It's a photo of him and her with their faces basically blending with each other, with just how close they were in these picture. Taeyong smiled at her.

"What a handsome guy huh." he added. Chaerin thanked him with that. Taeyong sighed. 

"So it depends on where this Sehun guy will go for college?" he asked, still referring to the statement she made earlier on. 

"Yea most likely." she shortly replied. 
"But don't you think it's a bit weird that you would actually depend your future into this guy? It's not like ya'll are married or anything, and even so, the two of you are still different individuals. What I am trying to say is, what if this guy decided he don't wanna go to college? Or he wanted to go college abroad? Or to a ty University? What if he leaves?" Taeyong seriously asked. And by seriously asking, he also want her to seriously think about this decision she's depending on to other person. 

"Chae, at the end of the day, the only thing we have is our own. I'm trying to say to you that don't depend much on this person." he added. Chaerin agreed on what he says, she honestly would never consider depending anything on Sehun if she isn't pregnant. But right now, she wanted to feel protected. Feel sheltered and feel loved all the time. And she wanted to feel it most from Sehun. The father of her child. 

"Taeyong ah. Can I tell you something?" she asked. Taeyong look at her with 'of course' look on his face.

"But you have to promise me you will never tell anyone about this. This is very important!" she warned him. Taeyong nod his head.

"Okay okay I promise.." he replied, with his right hand raised. Chaerin giggled with that. This boy is the same age as him but he is like a child sometimes whenever he acts. 

"Okay.. here it goes.." she took a deep breath. 

 

"I'm pregnant." she announced. She was about to receive a judgement look on this boy's face, but Taeyong thought it might be a joke. He shook his head and laugh. 

"What the hell?! Be serious now." he said and went back to his serious face. Chaerin's face stayed the same, signalling the guy that she is dead serious. 

"Wait..." when Taeyong realised that this Chaerin in front of him is not even joking even just a bit. 

"Chaerin ah.. by Sehun?" he asked. Chaerin nodded. 

"Wait, does your family know?" He wondered.

"Not yet. I mean, it's not the easiest to say." she said like she apologizing. Taeyong felt nothing but empathy to his friend over here. He knows that teenage pregnancy is one of the scariest thing to face.

"What about the Sehun guy?" he asked. Chaerin gave him a small smile.

"Well, he knows. At first, we were both confuse which is normal. I mean we're kids ourselves bringing another kid into this world. But I guess, now is fine. He's very supportive emotionally and mentally." she stated, also remembering those days when Sehun made her feel loved and cared for. 

"Oh then it's good then. Well, I think that's the most important right?" he asked. 

"Yea I guess." was her reply.

"Then telling your family should be fine. You have an amazing parents Chaerin ah. They love you and is able to understand you all the time. Not to mention, your brother who is willing and able to protect you." he mentioned. Chaerin knows that she has the most supportive and cool family ever, but she's mostly scared of the disappointment she will brought upon this family. She tried to explain it to Taeyong.

"Hmm, but this pregnancy is a gift. Chaerin, you should really stop seeing things in a negative light." he chuckled, and Chaerin chuckled with him. 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin is walking normally on the way home with her family. They are walking on the side of the road when they heard a beeping of a car. All heads turned to it, and just after a while, it stopped in front of them. 

 

"Hey family! Need a ride?" and that's the figure and the voice that made Chaerin and Chanyeol looked like their sould was out of their body. 

"Kris?" their parents said in disbelief. 

 

 

 

~Heya subbies! Sorry for the long update. After 5 years 🥺 Well, the last date update was when I was still back home and just graduated from uni. But then everything happened so fast, and have to face adulthood lol! Thank you ya'll that stayed ❤️