Part 6

The King and I

“Why don’t you love me anymore?”

“I never loved you my lord.”

“Yes you did, I know it.”

****

Three weeks had passed, and both the king and Chanyeol went about their daily lives without noticing each other. There were countless times when Baekhyun wanted to grab Chanyeol and demand an answer. Even though Baekhyun was the king, something about Chanyeol made him feel weak.

The king was in his room looking at himself in the mirror. Lifting up his shirt, the king began to inspect every part of his body. In his opinion, the king thought himself a good looking man with a nice body. ‘Maybe it wasn’t my upper body Chanyeol was displeased with’ the king thought. Slowly sliding his pants down his milky white thighs, the king looked closely at every part of his lower body.

Then, a knock came on the king’s door. Not moving from his current position, the king simple yelled for the servant to make his way inside.

“Your majesty, there seems to be a-oh my goodness!” the servant merely looked down into the floor to rid himself of the image of the king.

Baekhyun just turned around with his pants still on the floor and asked the servant, “Do you think I’m attractive?”

The servant responded with a simple nod of the head and ran out of the room. The king could never quite understand why that particular servant always caught him in such awkward situations.

            Throughout that whole day, Baekhyun walked around the palace as if half of him were missing. Chnayeol no longer accompanied the king’s daily stroll through the gardens, and he no longer talked to Baekhyun about his wild ideas. It was soo much for Baekhyun to handle. On the inside, the king began to notice his emptiness as love. He loved Chanyeol, and he had realized it too late.

            “What if I talk to him about how I’m feeling?”

            “Are you crazy Baekhyun? You know that if you tell him you love him, your mom will eventually find out and she will make you marry!”, Chen announced as the two of them were sitting in the kitchen over a bowl of ice cream.

            “I love him Chen”, the king looked at his spoon and saw himself staring back at him. He looked the same and he felt the same, so why not marry Chanyeol?

            “How can you say you love him when he flat out dumped you in your time of need?” Chen glared at the king and started to question every move the king had ever made with Chanyeol.

            Baekhyun stood up from his chair and looked down at Chen.

            “I’m going to talk to him, no matter what.” Chen just shook his head in disapproval and continued to eat the ice cream.

****

            The king jogged to the servants quarters and approached Chanyeol’s room. He carefully knocked on the wooden door trying not to sound too eager. When Chanyeol opened the door, he looked as if he had been hiding in his room for days. Chanyeol had looked different than his clean shaven look.

            “Hi, can we talk?”

            “Of course your majesty.”

            The king made his way inside Chanyeol’s room, and found it to be a mess. It smelled of rotten meat and dead rats. How Chanyeol lived like this, was beyond the king.

            “Why haven’t you talked to me Chanyeol, It’s been weeks.”

            “I have nothing to say your majesty.” At that the king threw his hands up in the air as if in despair and turned around to look out the window.

            “I don’t know if you felt this way, but I want to tell you how I’ve been feeling these past few weeks. You see I never wanted to fall in love with anyone, not even you. But then you kept showing up and telling me how much you loved me and needed me. I thought maybe there was a chance for us to be together, in some twisted fate.” Chanyeol sat in his seat trying to fight the urge to break down and cry.

            “I know I don’t show it very often, but I love you Chanyeol. I love the way you wake up with a crooked smile on your face, I love the way you look at the flowers in the garden and cringe because they smell bad to you, I love the way you hold me after I’ve had a bad day, and last but not least, I love the way you are when your with me.”

            Chanyeol looked down at the floor, and began to cry. He let all of his emotions flow out of him as the king came over and wiped his tears away. Could love really exist between these two? The idea of going the “mountains” scared Chanyeol more than anything. He didn’t want to live the life they did. And being with the king could possibly mean living that way.

            “Your majesty, I can’t be with you.”

            The king stopped wiping Chanyeol’s tears and stepped back towards the wooden door.

            “Tell me, what changed your mind?”

            “Nothing my lord, as I told you before, I have never loved you.”

            Baekhyun twitched at Chanyeol’s words and looked him straight in the eyes.

            “What do I have to do to make you love me again?”

            Exhausted, the king advanced towards Chanyeol sitting in his chair and straddled the taller male. With both legs wrapped around Chanyeol, the king grabbed the taller’s face and placed a chaste kiss on the other male’s lips. Lingering on for what seemed like hours, the king finally pulled away to look into his lover’s eyes.

            “I’ll do anything, just tell me Chanyeol, please.”

            “Nothing you do can ever make me love you, your majesty.”

            Baekhyun’s face showed every sign being shattered. The look on Chanyeol’s face said it all. No expression, and no sign of remorse. The king felt a fool for thinking Chanyeol actually had feelings for him. After all, Chanyeol’s main goal was to make Kris jealous. What did Kris have that the king didn’t? Baekhyun didn’t know. He got off of Chanyeol and walked over to his door. Looking back, he said his final farewell.

            “I love you Chanyeol, take care.”

_________________________________________________

UGHHHH! finals are coming up, so i havent been able to update that frequently.

anyway this is a horrible update, but please bear with me because i have been really stressed out for finals!

but please keep subscribing and commenting and voting!

ENJOY!