Part 14

The King and I

“BROTHERS?!?” Baekhyun shouted at his servant.

“How on earth can we be related?” Baekhyun asked. The little servant was now looking down at his shoes, afraid of what the king might say next.

“Is this another one of my mother’s plans to separate Chanyeol and I?” he asked. The thought of being brothers with the king brought many new things into perspective. We could never be together. Can brothers even be in love?

“I’m not sure, your majesty, she sounded very serious about it”, he stated.

“She is such a life-ruiner!” he cried.

Just as the little servant was about to make his way back to the common room, Baekhyun grabbed him by the arm and whispered something I could not make out. Their hushed voices ceased as Baekhyun made his way over to me, flashing that smile of his.

“Today has been a trying day hasn’t it?” he asked as his hands found their way around my waist. At first, I leaned into his touch, but the thought of him possibly being my brother flashed into my mind, causing me to break away from his hold.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked with wide eyes.

“Maybe we should shy away from that kind of thing”, I said. He slowly walked towards me in an attempt to grab my hand.

“Is this about the brother thing?” he speculated. I nodded and look down at my fingers. Just then, he grabbed for my chin and pulled my head up to meet his eyes.

“Park Chanyeol, we are not brothers”, he asserted.

“But you never know, what if your mother is telling the truth?” I asked.

He seemed to be mad.

By the looks of it, it was not because his mother is trying to pull us apart, but because I did not believe him.

“She is just trying to tear us apart, we are not realated”

“But-“

“No more buts Chanyeol, we are not brothers, end of discussion”, he affirmed.

What am I supposed to say? I have no way to disagree with him.

“We should abstain from being intimate, just in case”, I spoke.

“You’re joking right?”

“No, I’m not, what if we really are?”

Finally, he reached for my hand and brought it up to his lips. He kissed the inside of my wrist, then moved up to kiss my palm. His soft lips never ceased to amaze me.

“You know I can’t stay away from you”, he purred.

All of my insides were butter. He sure did know how to work up a storm.

As my eyes were searching for someplace else to look, Baekhyun let go of my hand and pulled me toward him. He then placed his hand on the small of my back. I loved when he got all gushy and intimate with me. It assures me that he loves me, and only me.

“Is that so?” I teased.

Something of a growl escaped from his mouth, and soon enough, he was kissing me slow and hard.

Could I ever get used to this?

When we pulled apart, both of us were breathless.

“I would love to stay and share this intense moment with you, but I have work to do”, he frowned.

“It’s okay, go be king for a day”, I laughed. He leaned down and planted a soft kiss to my lips, gradually making his way down to my jaw then neck. I angled my head to give him better access, and he all too openly accepted.

“Go, you have a lot of work to do”

“Nnnnggg”, he mumbled.

“Baekhyun, go to work”

“Nnngg”

“I’m serious get off of me”, I chuckled.

“Okay, fine”, he grumbled.

Baekhyun finally mustered up the strength to get up and head to his office. As for me, I stayed in bed to think about what happened today. On one hand, his mother could be making up this rumor to break us apart, but then on the other hand, she could be telling the truth.

No Chanyeol, you can’t think that way. Both of you are too caught up to be brothers this far into your relationship.

By this point, I did not know what to believe anymore. If Baekhyun and I could still continue and share these intimate moments without feeling weird, then that clearly indicates that we are not brothers. Right?

Why is this so hard for me to figure out? I obviously love him. Why can’t I let this go? If he really was my brother, he would not dare touch me like that.

Or maybe he is some messed up narcissist and promotes ?

I shake that thought away, and focus back on the fact that Baekhyun is not in the least bit worried that we might be brothers. As I lie there overthinking this situation, sleep slowly crept up on me. At long last, it waved its mystic magic over me, and I fell asleep.

In the dead of night, I was suddenly woken by the sound of violent thunder crackling in the distance. Disgruntled, I began to reach for Baekhyun on the bed. He was still in his study. Not thinking I would get much sleep with the roaring thunder, I made my way out of bed and headed for Baekhyun’s study.

Once I reached the grand, wooden double doors, I twisted the bass knob and pushed my way inside. Baekhyun quickly looked up from his desk to see who it was, and upon locking eyes with me, the lines in his face began to disappear.

“You can stop playing king now”, I said as I walked to his desk. He quickly slid out from under his desk and motioned for me to come sit on his lap. I gracefully rounded his desk and climbed onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“And you should be asleep”, he smirked. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“Come to bed, it’s far too big without you”, I informed.

“It is? I hadn’t noticed”

“That’s because it’s not like you to not come to bed”

“Yeah I know, I’m sorry, I just had a lot on my plate”, he confessed.

“It’s okay, you’re done now right?” he nods “Good, then come to bed, I miss you”, I whispered.

When we reached Baekhyun’s room, I let go of his hand and climbed into bed. Just as the thunder was sounding outside, I was reminded that Baekhyun was close by. I snuggled up to his chest, and felt his arms enclose me in his warm embrace.

“It will get better, I promise”, he whispered.

Somewhere between his words, I had wondered if he was talking about the thunder, or our relationship.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there! Here is another update for you!

So, I am currently in Korea, and this darn jet lag is not going away.

It has been a week since I got here, and I have not slept for more than 3 hours...ughhh I'm tired.

Anywho, I'll be here for the next 2 months, but do not worry, I will still be writing.

Ooh, and you know that tumble account that was my friends?

Well it had recently become mine! MWAHAHAHA! So follow me @mylightbyunbaek!

Sorry that this update was crap, but I hope at least come of you enjoy it!