Part 5

The King and I

Baekhyun opened his eyes to a cold wind coming from his balcony. He looked to his side and found Chanyeol missing. Being as as Baekhyun was, he got out of bed wrapping the sheets around his body. He walked out onto the balcony to find a shirtless Chanyeol staring up at the sky.

            “Your majesty, did I wake you?” Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun gave him a hug and wrapped the sheet around them both. Standing behind Baekhyun, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the king’s small frame and looked out into the horizon.

            “Chanyeol, this is nice.”

            “It is your majesty, and its just as special because I’m spending it with you.”

            Baekhyun turned around in Chanyeol’s arms and cupped his face. The king stood on his toes to kiss Chanyeol with every bit of passion he had so early in the morning. Chanyeol leaned down and engulfed the king in kisses. Chanyeol grabbed onto the king’s face and placed hard, needy kisses on the king’s lips.

            “You have no idea how much I need this Chanyeol.”

            Chanyeol just smiled at the king and continued to kiss him.

            A few minutes later, Chanyeol found it only polite to leave and wash up in his own room.

            “Noooo, stay Chanyeol, you can wash up in here, with me.” The king raised his eyebrows and gave Chanyeol a mischeivious smile.

            “Your majesty, I would love to, don’t get me wrong, but I would feel more comfortable in my own room.” The king just sat back down on his bed and went back to sleep.

            As Chanyeol was quietly shutting the king’s door, he was met with Kris coming down the hall.

            “Where are you coming from, big boy?” Kris pat Chanyeol’s shoulders and gave him a thumbs up. Looking from Kris’ facial expression, it looked as if he was actually happy for Chanyeol. When he was the one that blamed the king for doing Chanyeol wrong.

            “Hyung, don’t get too carried away.”

            “Me? Get carried away? I should be the one telling you that, I’ve heard things about the king Chanyeol, and they don’t play in his favor, be careful.” With that, Kris continued to walk down the hall and into his own room. Chanyeol was confused and dazed as he was trying to comprehend what Kris meant by hearing things about the king.

            He didn’t know whether to trust Kris or not. Kris was the only guy who comforted Chanyeol during his first days on the job.

            After washing up in his room, Chanyeol made it his mission to talk to Kris about the things he had heard about the king. Chanyeol had hoped that it wouldn’t be that bad and Kris was just overreacting.

Chanyeol met up with Kris in the mess hall in the basement of the palace. They served leftover food that the king never bothered to eat.

            “Hyung, what did you mean when you said that you heard things about the king?”

            “Chanyeol I’m not sure you want to hear it, it could ruin your relationship with him.”

            “I don’t care hyung, I mean I do, but I deserve to know.”

            Kris shifted on the bench they were seated on and lowered his head.

            “I just want to say that I’m sorry for what I’m about to say, know that Chanyeol.”

            Chanyeol placed his hands on Kris’ shoulders to assure him that he was okay.

            “I don’t know the finer details, but I do know that the last person he had an intimate relationship with, ended up going to work in the mountains.”

            Chanyeol gasped. He had heard about the “mountains” it was a place that the lowest of people went to, to look for work. Their hours were harsh, and the conditions with which they were put under were extreme. No one who went into the “mountains” ever came back out. It was said that they all died due to excessive exhaustion and beating. Chanyeol did not want to be thrown away and treated like trash. He was better than that, he worked hard to get his position as a royal guard.

            “Hyung, how do you know that’s true?”

            “The last person he sent, happened to be Tao.”

            Chanyeol widened his eyes at Kris. Tao was a former guard that performed at top marks. Then one day, he stopped showing up for his duties. The king didn’t even bat an eyelash at the sudden absence. No one knew why Tao left or how. Not a soul dared to mention it, for the fear of the king was so great at the time.

            “I don’t want to end up like him hyung, but I don’t know what to do.”

            “Do what your heart tells you Chanyeol, if you love this man, then be with him as long as you can, no one has the right to stop you.”

            Chanyeol felt uneasy and depressed at the thought of his beloved king doing such horrible acts. He decided to keep his distance from the king as long as he could. Interaction with the king could put Chanyeol in an awkward position.

****

            “Where is Chanyeol?” asked Baekhyun as he was walking down to the dining hall. Chanyeol had been missing since Wednesday, and it had already been three days since the king had seen Chanyeol. The king missed Chanyeol very much.

            “I have not seen him my lord, would you like me to search for him?”

            “Yes please, thank you, and if you happen to find him, tell him to meet me in my room.”

            The servant bowed his head and made his way out of the dining room. Every night, Baekhyun spent his nights alone at the dinner table. A table that sat twenty only saw the inhabitant of one individual every night. Even the paintings in the room were tired of seeing Baekhyun every night. The king was wondering why Chanyeol had been avoiding him.

            Baekhyun thought he made himself clear about how he wanted to be with Chanyeol. Maybe Chanyeol was being avasive because he lost interest in the king? Was he that unattractive? Had his ability to make love died down? The king immediately stood up from his chair and made his way back to his bedroom.

            He stepped into the shower and began to scrub himself. The king stood there under the hot water and washed away his insecurities about Chanyeol and his feelings toward him. How could he love the king and then just leave him? Then, he heard a slamming of his bedroom door. The sound of the running water didn’t seem to so loud anymore. Baekhyun turned the water off and wrapped a towel around his waist.

            The king stepped out into his bedroom and saw Chanyeol standing in the middle of his room. Seeing Chanyeol for the first time in what seemed like months, gave the king butterflies in the pit of his stomach.

            “Hi your majesty, you requested me?”

            “Chanyeol, have you been avoiding me?”

            “No your majesty, I would never.”

            Baekhyun walked over to Chanyeol and grabbed onto his wrist.

            “Then how come I haven’t seen you in three days?”

            With all his strength, Chanyeol tried to force the king’s grip off of him.

            “I’ve been busy my lord, I didn’t have time.”

            “You had no time for the king? How dare you put other things before me.”

            Chanyeol felt exasperated and wanted to tell the king about what Kris had told him. But deep down inside, Chanyeol knew that it would ruin their relationship.

            “Chanyeol, I didn’t give you any orders, how were you busy?”

            “I-I had to work on the, t-thing.”

            Baekhyun stood in front of Chanyeol and his face.

            “What thing~~” the king cooed in Chanyeol’s ear. Chanyeol stepped back and looked to the ground. No force could even come close to describing how much Chanyeol wanted to touch and love the king. His desire was so great.

            “Y-your majesty, I m-must get going.”

            “No, I order you to make love to me”, the king said in a soft and seductive voice. Baekhyun grabbed onto the back of Chanyeol’s neck and brought his lips up to meet Chanyeol’s full lips in a kiss. The king slipped his tongue passed Chanyeol’s secured lips and discovered everything he needed to know about Chanyeol’s mouth. The king missed this, loving someone who truly loved his back. Feeling the same feelings as the other did. Never in his life had he ever loved someone that felt the same way back. It felt foreign, yet natural, wrong, but so right.

            The king stood under the towering Chanyeol and moaned into the kiss that was sending both of them over the edge. Baekhyun decided to take the initiative and slid his hands under Chanyeol’s thin white shirt.

            As if in an instant, Chanyeol stopped the king.

            “No your majesty, I cannot continue this any longer.”

            Taking this as a joke, the king slightly chuckled and began to work on Chanyeol’s shirt once again.

            “Stop, you heard me my lord.” Chanyeol stepped back and looked down at the king.

            “No,no,no,no. NO!” the king shouted in frustration. “How can you do this to me? You love me, you love me Chanyeol.” Baekhyun began sobbing into his hands and fell down onto his knees.

            Chanyeol felt no mercy towards the king, for the king was a man that was self absorbed and arrogant.

            “I never loved you my king, Kris was the one I desired to persue, and by spending the night with you, I got what I wanted, Kris.” Baekhyun looked up from his hands and looked at him with guilt. “I'm sorry your majesty, that I couldn’t be the man you dream of every night.”

__________________________________________________

So I have reached over 100 subscribers now, and I wanted to dedicate this chapter to all you lovely people!

THAAANK YOUUU!

I have also been looking for a co-author, so if anyone is interested in being one, TWEET me @_thejennbaby_

or if you don't have a twitter message me on tumblr @mylightbyunbaek