Part 21

The King and I

Oh god.

What did I just say? I want to ride him? How is that even remotely possible?

“I beg your pardon? You want to ride me?” asked the king.

I stepped back in an attempt to distance the close proximity, but the strong hold Baekhyun had on me was beyond anything I could break away from. So instead, I cast my gaze downward; flushed.

In the heat of the moment, I let my brain get ahead of me. If it wasn’t for Baekhyun’s plush, pink lips distracting my thoughts, the words would have come out coherently without having me sound like an idiot.

How am I supposed to show my face to him now?

From the corner of my eye, I look up to find the king staring back at me. His curved smirk, and longing eyes, tell the story of a man intrigued.

Just as I was about to lean in for a kiss, a loud knock sounded throughout the room. The source of the knock had come from the king’s door.

“Your majesty, commander Shin has come back with news on the Japanese. He would like a word with you,” sounded the servant. The king nuzzled the side of my neck before he let out a disgruntled sigh.

“Tell him I’ll be right there” the king said. Although our moment was cut short, I felt a sense of relief. In our moment of pure intimacy, I managed to make myself an even bigger fool than I already was. But the look of guilt and disdain that filled the king’s complexion was enough for me to know he did not want to leave. “I apologize for the commander’s bad timing,” the king chuckled. Soft sounds of laughter echoed off the walls and filled my ears with the sweetest of sounds. Anything the king said or did left the deepest imprint in my heart. Sometimes these senseless emotions become too much and overtake me. It sounds silly to say that the king is what I live for. Every morning waking up to the king’s smooth alabaster skin that glows ethereal to the sun’s rays. Needless to say, the king’s skin glows brighter than a sunny day.

“You need not apologize your majesty. Your people need you,” I stated as I kissed the king’s forehead. We lay there for countless minutes until there was another knock at the door.

“You majesty, commander Shin demands your attention right this moment” the servant urges.

Both of us separate long enough to gather ourselves before heading out, hand in hand, to the king’s study. Inside, we were greeted with fleets of men pacing the room waiting for the king’s arrival. I averted my eyes to commander Shin and noticed that he had aged since I saw him last; his face appearing to have wrinkled down and his eyes droopier. The musky scent of his journey had also followed him in along with an a tousled beard. It was evident that what the commander had to say was not good news.

“Your majesty,” the commander greeted as him and the rest of his men bowed down in respect for their king. It was a magnificent sight to see men of such masculinity bowing down and rendering themselves helpless in front of the king. The king had that kind of impact on people; had that kind of impact on me. But nonetheless, he has enchanted me beyond return.

“The Japanese have advanced their fleet by half, and our men are not prepared for this kind of attack” the commander urged. “Our ships are not yet built and I do not know how long we can hold the Japanese back.”

I noticed how Baekhyun tightened his hold on my hand. He was transforming from the sweet king in the bedroom the stoic warrior here in his study. The look of concentration etched onto every corner of his face. He loved his people, and his people loved him. That is why every decision he makes is watched and dissected.

“How long till we have the ships built?” the king asked.

“The last of them will be done no later than next month, your majesty”

“That is not enough time to keep the Japanese back. They will have our heads on sticks by that time” the king urged.

I took a seat in the corner of the study as to not disrupt the king and the his commander. Both of them were in a heated conversation about war, and I could not help but think how useless I was in this room. While those two conversed about the future of our country, I was sitting looking out the window admiring the sunny day. I thought if the king had chosen anyone else but me to be his lover, they could have bold conversations like the one he was having with the commander. An educated and well versed lover would suit the king just fine. He deserved someone as intelligent and manly as him. I, on the other hand, am incapable of being any of that for the king.

“Your majesty we do not have time to be wasting” the commander urged as he slammed his fist against the king’s desk.

His actions made me jump and forget my past thoughts. It was evident on the king’s face that he was done listening to the commander’s words.

“That is enough commander Shin, I have heard what you had to say, and this is what I have come to conclude” the king stated in a calm voice.

With that, the commander was escorted out of the king’s study. I looked over at the king and found him to be staring off into the distance. I remained where I was in fear of disturbing whatever it was the king was thinking about. The fine lines of his face were adorned with wrinkles and worry. The fate of so many people were in his hands, and the look of desperation spread across the king’s face. He was confused.

Being as young as he is, the king exuded a sense of youth and prosperity in every decision he made, but the look on his face told me that the decision he made today was not like the ones he made before. Not able to hold back, I stood from where I sat and walked over to the king. I approached him from behind and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I leaned down next the king and placed my chin on of his shoulders. I stayed there for minutes before the king turned his face and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was a soft kiss, one that meant everything was going to be ok.

“He wants to charge our men” the king spoke. “He wants to risk the lives of ten thousand men” the king said as he looked off in the distance. It was as if the king were in a trance--a trance that could have deadly consequences in the end.

“I told him it was a bad idea. I told him it was better to keep our men safe and complete the remaining ships, but he just would not listen. So, I agreed to let the commander do as he pleased, but in return I told him the fate our country was in his hands, and if were to fail the blood would be on him.”

I kissed the side of his face and made my way to his earlobe in an attempt to calm him down. It seemed to only make it worse. I retracted my arms from his shoulders and sat down on his desk instead. The king still not making eye contact spoke again.

“I let my people down. What kind of country wants a king that cowards into making decisions. They will eventually find out what I said and bring me down. I never intended it to go this far. I wanted peace.” The king sobbed.

“Your majesty, there was nothing you could do. The commander is a very convincing guy” I assured him.

“That is the thing Chanyeol, if I were as strong a leader as everyone portrays me to be, commander Shin should never have been able to get to me, but he did” the king expressed.

“Your maj-“

“I just want to be alone Chanyeol, you can return to your quarters for the night, it should all be set up for you” the king mumbled as he made his way out of the study.

In that moment, I have never felt so far away from the king.

***Author's Note***

 Wait what? I'm updating? After like a year? LOL Literally crying while writing this. It has been so long! I just got back to Korea this morning like four hours ago, and I'm super exhausted. but at the same time I can't sleep haha. I went back home to California for a week, and now I'm back in Korea! Anyway, thank to everyone for sticking with this story. Even when I was at my lowest, a lot of your encouraging words kept me going. You have no idea how many times I have contemplated deleting this story and forgetting about it. I am unworthy of my beautiful subscribers! Though I still do not know where this story is going, I promise that it will keep going and I will update as soon as possible. This chapter is kind of boring and short, it is a filler chapter I guess until the real drama happens. Again thank you guys so much for staying with me, and I love you guys so much! (oh and sorry for any mistakes if there are any, it is unedited haha)

twitter follow me