Part 16

The King and I

“What? How did she get shot?”

“We think it was an attempted assassination your majesty”

All day Baekhyun was pacing in his study trying to figure out what cause such a human being to kill their once queen. Maybe it was out of revenge or frustration. I did not know much about it, but for all we knew, Baekhyun could be the next target. Never in my life have I thanked the gods more than I have today; thankful that it wasn’t Baekhyun. What happened to the queen was horrendous, but I could not help but feel slightly relieved. The hatred had consumed me into wishing death upon Baekhyun’s mother. What has gotten into me?

“Chanyeol”, Baekhyun called out. “Come”

I scurred over to Baekhyun and laced his fingers with mine. He relaxed at my sudden advance, and could not help but notice the lines fading away from his face. To see the once young and handsome boy again was always a sight to marvel in. His small fasique and skinny fingers all added to the youthful Baekhyun. But, it was a rare sight to witness.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m hanging in there. I wouldn’t be this calm if you weren’t by my side”, he said once again turning his face into the worried, matured Baekhyun. When he arrived in his room, it felt strange to live such a normal life despite the fact that I was in a royal palace. Life in the royal family did not differ from the standard life out in the village. Mundane activities, civil problems, and typical family disputes all happened behind the walls of the worshiped palace.

“Done washing up?” Baekhyun asked from the bed. I nodded and walked over to his bed in a satin red robe. The feeling of the soft, smooth material glding against my skin made the robe even more appealing. Had I know such a material had existed, I would have worn nothing but this my whole life.

I climbed onto the gigantic bed and wiggled underneath the covers. Baekhyun was beside me looking over documents on huge scrolls. I took this time to glance up at the ceiling and have moment to myself. All these events that had taken place since he last returned to the palace were frightening. The threat of death lingered above everyone’s heads. How could I live if Baekhyun was gone? I shook my head at the thought and my side to eye Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun?”

“Hmm”, he mumbled.

“You done looking through those scrolls?”

“Almost baby”, he said as he my head.

At this, I threw the covers off and pushed aside the scrolls he was reading through. Then I climbed onto his lap and cupped his face. He made a low chuckle and played along. I brought his lips up to mine and began relishing in the sweet taste that was his lips. Passion, lust, need all coursed through my body as he slipped his hands under my robe. Nothing felt better than his smooth hands roaming feely against my skin.

It was a sensation that he wanted all of the time. It was like a drug that took me to the greatest of highs. I began to fist my hands in his hair, wrap my legs around his waist, and roll my hips to the rhythm of our kissing. It was hot. It was dirty. It was everything we needed. “I don’t ever want to lose you”, I whispered in his ear.

He began to moan against my neck and used his free hand to wrap around my waist and pull me closer to his chest. Both of us were now panting messes, and that made it much more intimate. “I’m not going anywhere, ever”, he purred into my ear as I began making a descent down to his neck. The milky, white skin that resided on his neck was something of wonder. Smooth and warm just like milk. It was beautiful nonetheless. I latched my mouth onto his neck and began . “Ahh-“ he moaned into my ear, pushing me to go farther.

I wandered down to his collarbone and began away at the sweat that was dripping down from his neck. Every part of this boy made it hard for me to comprehend anything. Just the sight of him worked up was enough to drive me mad. And I loved that about him. Smart and seductive, certainly traits anybody would find attractive in a man.

“I’m scared”, I muttered.

He stiffened under me, and pulled his hands from under my robe. Feeling a bit uneasy at his abrupt holt, I continued my teasing of his neck. When he wasn’t reacting, I looked into his eyes and found there to be traces of guilt and despare.

“You’re really that scared?”

“How could I not be scared?” I mumbled as I looked down at our connected hips. He pulled me into his arms and held me like a child. I knew deep down he felt responsible for whatever I was feeling, and it wasn’t his fault for what I felt. Life in the palace was something I had never experienced. He wanted me to stay, but at the same time felt bad for making me.

“Look, I know you feel guilty for me feeling this way, but it’s really not your fault”, I said.

He looked down at me and smiled. A weight had been lifted off of his shoulder. “I’ve asked the chancellors to arrange my cottage. We will be going over there until the threat dies down”, Baekhyun informed.

“A cottage?”

“Yeah. You could call it a family heirloom of some sort, it’s been in my family for ages”, he chuckled. To comprehend how rich the royal family was, was a big mistake. Money meant nothing to them as long as they got power. This long line of royal descendents never questioned money, never asked for money, and never held back on money. It was always just, there. Something I could never get my mind around.

“Where is it?” I asked.

“Just on the other side of the mountain. No one will be able to find us. It’ll just be me and you”, he cooed as he brushed my hair aside.

“I like the sound of that”

“Hmm, me too”, he said as he kissed the skin just behind my ear.

That night, I fell asleep to the soothing sound of his heartbeat against my back. We would be heading to the cottage tomorrow morning, and I couldn’t help but feel worried that something might go wrong.

Nothing would happen tomorrow right?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So, if you have not seen or heard about my new fic, you can view it here. If you're interested please take a look.

I've been updating that more often. 

Also, thank you soo much for being patient with me on updating this story. I'm so focused on my other one and getting that one going that I've completely ignored this one /sobs/ soryyy.

Please enjoy this chapter and pardon the shortness and the quality of it all together. Don't forget to comment, subscribe, and vote! Thanks!

(twitter)  (tumblr)  (ask)