Chapter 6

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon step out from her penthouse, when a man living across her penthouse also open the door at the same time like her. The man nodded, smile even at her, as a sign of acknowledge her. Taeyeon just nodded back without expression, and walk directly to the elevator, pressed the button and waiting for the door to open. While waiting, Taeyeon busying herself check her works from her iPad. The man just smile seeing her. He rarely met her, not because he is busy. But it's the other way around. He went to work at 9, but when the clock strike to 7, he can heards a door closed from across, that just mean one thing, she already went to work. And when he already went home, Taeyeon hasn't went home. That's why he rarely saw and met her.

He just knew she work at PK Group, the number one company in South Korea, because there's this time a woman came brought so many files with PK Group logo in it. But judging from how her file was brought by someone, then her position must be high and a possibility that woman is her secretary. And seeing her busying herself with her iPad, convince him more, that she held the important position and she's.. a workaholic.

He is lucky today, since there's a early meeting that need him to come early at company. Allow him to stand together again with her. He had lived there far before Taeyeon lived there. No one want to live at the penthouse since the cost is so expensive, and choose to live at the regular apartment down there. When Taeyeon first move there, he realized, Taeyeon is not the type to socialized. Evidence on how she never talk with the other tenants.

Both of them had been a neighbour for 4 years, but none of them knew each other names.What a pity, he thought.

The elevator door open, Taeyeon step in first without tearing her eyes from her iPad. Her left hand that holding her handbag pressing the number quick before the man that also entering the elevator with her can press the number.

A loud ring from a phone ring in the wide elevator. Taeyeon didn't mind a bit. The man answered his phone, seeing it's his friend that called him.

"Ya, Joongki! Where are you now, huh?", the voice from across the line ask, without a greeting.

"Good morning to you, Doojoon." he reply in sarcastically. "I'm on my way to parking lot.", He said.

"I thought you forgot our meeting today.", Doojoon, the one that call him retorted.

Joongki scoff, "Talk about yourself that always forgot about meeting."

"Aish. We are waiting for you right now. Bye."

The line went dead. Joongki just look at his phone, cursing his friend in a million way in his head. The cursing session was pull out when the elevator door had opened. Taeyeon step out and went directly to her car. Joongki car also happened beside Taeyeon car, but he didn't entered his car first, for he want to see Taeyeon a bit longer. Taeyeon car soon zoom off, exiting the parking lot. Joongki smile. Entering his grey CRV car, Joongki is the next person leaving the parking lot.

"Anything to report?", The moment Taeyeon step out from the elevator, Na Young followed her to her office room. Ready to report anything to her.

"Up to today, there's already 50 person that apply, Director. There's no meeting for today."

"Okay. You may leave.", Taeyeon just dismissed her.

"Ne, Director.", Na Young bowed to her.

Taeyeon start to check the file. After a while, she made a call for the fashion team, asking to send the report soon.

Taeyeon too engrossed in reading the file that she didn't noticed the time. 12 o'clock, Na Young knock on the door and after the word "come in" out from Taeyeon mouth, Na Young entering the room.

"What do you want for lunch, Director?", Na Young asked politely.

"It's lunch time now?", Taeyeon look up, checking the clock that hanging in the wall.

"Ne, Director."

There's a silence for a second. Instead of answering, Taeyeon clean all the things in the desk, taking her Chloe chocolate handbag with her.

"I will going out. You can have your lunch. Call me if there's anything", Taeyeon just go out leaving Na Young before she could say a word. Na Young was left flabbergasted, it's rare for the Director to went out at lunch time if not for the meeting.

As soon as Na Young closed Taeyeon office room door, Minah rushing towards her. Asking a question to her.

"Where is Director going?"

Na Young just shrugged her shoulder. Walking towards the elevator, waiting for the door to opened. JooKyung had standing there, leaning on the wall, with arm crossed while waiting for the ladies to come for they are going to have lunch together.

"Don't know. She just said she is going out. Didn't tell me where."

Minah seemed wondered for a while, recalling how many time Taeyeon went out during lunch. "Seems like this is the first time Director went out." Na Young and Jookyung just laugh looking at Minah. The elevator door had arrived, the three of them went in and pressed the button to where the cafetaria floor is.

"Woah, it's been a long time I didn't play basketball." Leeteuk said to Sandeul that walk beside him.

That morning Leeteuk and Sandeul decided to play basketball in the park. Leeteuk himself request it, since he missed playing basketball. They too engrossed playing, if not for the sun that almost burn them in this afternoon time, they will not stop. Sandeul then bring Leeteuk to a stall that sell ddeobeokki. Leeteuk once told Sandeul that he want to eat ddeobeokki once they arrived at Seoul. The stall is not that far from where they play basketball, so they just walking.

"It's fun, right? I thought I will always play basketball alone.", Sandeul just grinned at Leeteuk while spinning the basket ball with his left index finger.

They had arrived at the stall. It's not that crowded, maybe because the stall is not located in the crowded place. The only customer is just the people that living around there. Sandeul always bought ddeobeokki from this stall. That's why he dare to bring Leeteuk here. Because the ddeobeokki taste just undescribable. That's what Sandeul told Leeteuk when Leeteuk ask him why choosed this stall rather than the others. Once Sandeul and Leeteuk sat down, an ahjumma come out, asking their orders. Both of them just order a plate of ddeobeokki for each and a hot tea. The decided to sit at the outdoor one. They talk and chatting freely.

Taeyeon went down from her car. She look again at the stall in front of her. Still didn't change much. Taeyeon look at the place that beside where Sandeul and Leeteuk sit. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter