Chapter 30

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah.. I never thought there’ll be a company like this at Seoul. I should’ve move here long time ago.” Akira rattle on as she check the dress in one of the boutique at a Department Store. Jooeun also checking the dress she’s about to buy. She could only shook her head at Akira. What a bipolar..

 

“They even make a ball for christmas. And all we did back at Japan are a christmas greeting, and voila.. We going back to work again.” she continued to rattle as she look for a dress in another rack.

 

“Have you choose which dress?” Akira ask Jooeun as she hasn’t found one for her. Just a days after she work at PK Group company, she was inform about the christmas ball, which was held tomorrow, on christmas eve day. Both her and Jooeun had agree to go shopping after work.

 

“Oh, I did. How about these one?” Jooeun raised the dress she’s holding to Akira. It’s a decent V neck spaghetti straps backless white dress. Akira whistle as she saw the dress Jooeun choose.

 

 

“Nice.” Jooeun grin, she then went to Akira to help her choose dress. Quite hard actually, since Akira is not the womanish type. Rather than buying a dress for herself, she would choose to by a pants or sneakers. Since Jooeun didn’t bring any of her dress from Japan, Akira can’t lend any of Jooeun dress. End up she has to buy one for herself if she want to attend the ball.

 

“What am i doing at here? I should have wear t-shirt and hot pants.” she mumbled. But Jooeun that heard it could only shake her head.

 

“What about this one?” Jooeun pick one light green color dress. And Akira cringed. “Too y!” Jooeun laugh.

 

“Here. This one.” Akira then look at the dress that Jooeun was holding. It was a black dress with a V neck, and the dress split at the thigh area. It’s not too y, and Akira is the one that would rather should her legs that her top.

 

 

“Okay. I take this one.” How funny, revealing her legs isn’t y but a bit revealing at the chest she called it y. Aren’t both still y? They then went around the boutique again to look for heels or whatever they thought would fit for tomorrow ball.

 

“Ah, right. Have you register your name?” Akira voice out as she’s looking on the rack of clutch. Jooeun turn to her, her face look curious.

 

“Register what?”

 

“The year end vacation, duh.” Akira gave her a look that saying ‘just-where-were-you-all-this-time’.

 

Jooeun face the clutch again and choosing between white or violet. “Oh, that. I’m not joining.” Akira snapped her head at Jooeun. “Yah! What are you going to do on new year then? Mourning over the past between you and that Kim?” she scoffed.

 

Jooeun just kept mum. She doesn’t felt like joining the year end vacation which was held by the company. She rather stay at home though.

 

Akira rolled her eyes at Jooeun that pretend busying herself looking at the rack of clutch.

 

“I heard them said that Kim probably won’t join. Shouldn’t you take your time off from thinking about her? She’s not there. You can relax and think of what to do with her later after the vacation end.”

 

“Just go without me, Akira.” Jooeun then moved to the heels section. And Akira followed her.

 

“Nevermind. I’m still registering yours.” she said nonchalantly. Jooeun sigh, and look at Akira. “Just join, Jooeunnie. Look at that panda eyes of yours. Tsk.” Akira shook her head.

 

Jooeun pondered for a while, and look at Akira determined face. She then nodded her head weakly. “Assa! Come on, let’s choose which heels to wear tomorrow.” she then pull Jooeun to choose the heels. Jooeun could only shake her head.

 

 

“I thought you’re supposed to be at saloon now.” Leeteuk comment while pulling a trolley with Taeyeon beside her. He came early in the morning at her penthouse, and when he arrived she had dressed in her casual, white tank top and sky blue cardigan, a white pants, and 5cm peep toe heels. He thought she’s going to saloon since the ball is tonight. But he sigh. What are they doing here at toys store?

 

“Why should I?” Taeyeon scanned the toys in front of her. Weighing what to buy.

 

“The ball is tonight.” he stated as a matter of fact.

 

Taeyeon eyes stop on one toys. “I’m not going.” she then take one set of remote control set and move it to trolley. And take another one again. Leeteuk move to help her take the toys as he saw Taeyeon are planning to take more than one set.

 

“Enough?” Taeyeon eyes the trolley. There’s about five set of remote control in it. And she nodded her head. She then walk to another section, and did the same things again.

 

Leeteuk honestly don’t know what is this toys for. Why would Taeyeon bought so much toys? A remote control, a big size robots, a dolls, a cooking set toys, a piano toys and a toys stethoscope.

 

“What is all this for?” he followed Taeyeon from behind as she’s still looking for another thing to put at the trolley.

 

“For kids.” she state. Leeteuk sigh.

 

Taeyeon look around. Looking for another things to buy, and her eyes lay on a bag with cartoon picture on it. She went there followed by Leeteuk. She took the bag and move it at the trolley one by one, Leeteuk then move forward to help her.

 

After counting on the bags, Taeyeon nodded her head satisfied. She then move to cashier with Leeteuk. The cashier greet her politely.

 

“Can this be deliver?”

 

“Yes, miss.” Taeyeon nodded her head and write the address or the cashier. Leeteuk glance at what Taeyeon is writing. Taeyang Orphanage? He raised his eyebrows at Taeyeon that now taking out her gold credit card and pay for all the toys.

 

“I want it to be wrap nicely as christmas gift.” and after done all the payment, Taeyeon left the toys store with Leeteuk, holding hand to hand heading to parking lot.

 

Leeteuk glance at Taeyeon beside him as he maneuvered the car. They’re heading to a restaurant to have a breakfast as Taeyeon request. Taeyeon was busy typing at her phone, and Leeteuk had no idea what it is.

 

“What’re you doing?”

 

“Make an order.” Leeteuk nodded his head. Minutes later, they have arrived at the restaurant. Both make an order.

 

“Are you planning to saloon after this?” he look at Taeyeon expectantly.

 

Taeyeon look at the menu, didn’t bother to look up at Leeteuk. “They closed today.”

 

Leeteuk rolled his eyes. Is she playing dumb with him? “The ball is tonight.”

 

“Geurasseo..” Leeteuk nearly face palm his face. “Then what are you going to do tonight?”

 

Taeyeon flip the menu book. “Clubbing.”

 

Leeteuk took the menu book from Taeyeon. She look at him innocently. “Come with me to the ball.”

 

Taeyeon took the menu again from Leeteuk and scan the menu. “Just go without me.”

 

Leeteuk exhaled. “Fine. Don’t blame me if I keep bugging you this whole day.”

 

Taeyeon shrugged nonchalantly.

 

 

Taeyeon cracked the eggs at the bowl. She took another eggs and cracked it again. Leeteuk beside her was pouring a flour at a bowl. After they were back, Taeyeon decided to bake a cookies. And Leeteuk of course willing to help her.

 

Taeyeon then put the bowl of eggs at the mixer and let it mix. She then took the bowl of flour and pour it at the eggs, letting the eggs and flour to mix together.

 

Taeyeon was making the dough as Leeteuk melt the chocolate. He glance at Taeyeon.

 

“Still not changing your mind?” he tried to persuade her again.

 

“No.” Leeteuk clucked his tongue. He continued to stir the chocolate while his brain thinking on a way to make Taeyeon came to the ball with him. Taeyeon glance at Leeteuk, she smile and shook her head.

 

 

Taeyeon sitting at the sofa while reading a magazine as she wait for the cookies inside the oven. Leeteuk went to her, putting the pillow at her lap and lay at there. Taeyeon look up from the magazine, and a sleeping face welcome her.

 

She then continued to read her magazine as Leeteuk sleep at her lap. She flip through the magazine and done the whole book. She put it aside, and look at Leeteuk. He was sleeping with his arms crossed at his chest. She comb his hair slowly.

 

“Come with me tonight, Taeyeon.” he said as he closed his eyes.

 

Taeyeon continued to comb his hair as she smile in amusement. Amaze how Leeteuk hasn’t give up to persuade her to come at the ball. She shook her head.

 

“I’m not going.”

 

“I’m not going also then.”

 

Taeyeon watch Leeteuk in amusement. She chuckled. “Okay.”

 

Leeteuk opened his eyes and look at Taeyeon. Did she just say ‘okay’?

 

“Are you planning to say here tonight?”

 

“I can go clubbing.” she state, intentionally to irritate him more. Leeteuk bit his lips, and look at her in annoyed. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself. Then he opened his eyes again and look at her.

 

“You’re one hell a stubborn woman.” he mumbled, and Taeyeon just shrugged.

 

He took one of her hand and put it at his chest and hold it. Taeyeon left hand still combing and brushing his soft hair. They stay still for another minutes.

 

“Tell me about your childhood.” Taeyeon eyes wander and Leeteuk noticed it. He only know a little of piece of her childhood with Jooeun, and that definitely not a good one.

 

“Nothing nice.” Taeyeon refused to talk about her childhood.

 

“I’m willing to listen.” she look down at Leeteuk eyes. And she took a breath.

 

“I grew up without a mother and an abusive father. There’s no time he won’t beat me.” her eyes wander as she remember those time again.

 

“I rarely have friends. She’s the only friend I have.” Though Taeyeon refuse to say her name, Leeteuk know who is she Taeyeon mean.

 

“Instead of playing or riding bicycle.. I spent all my times in earning money. And in the end, he would always stole it.” Leeteuk listen in silence as he watched Taeyeon expression. Nothing. It’s just blank. But her eyes do flash a hurt feeling that will never wash away no matter what.

 

“The happiest things that ever happened to me is that.. I managed to run away from him.” Leeteuk squeezed her hands and kiss it. No wonder she grew up alone, never express her feelings, and always buried herself with work. People won’t understand it, but Leeteuk know. All of those, is to prevent her from getting hurt again and forgetting the past.

 

“I.. Inherited my mom's heart disease. And she passed away when I’m 9. My condition got worse since then.” he reminisces the moment where he lost his mom. His mom had fought for a long time, and she finally left after her last fight.

 

“Appa.. decided to move me to Canada to receive better treatment. I can’t go to regular school because of my conditions. I can’t ride a bike for too long. I can’t stay under heat for too long. Everything I did was limited. And I got no friend since I never go to school.”

 

Taeyeon brush his hair lovingly. It’s not only her, him also. Both of them had a hard time in the past.

 

“Luckily, appa brought Sandeul to Canada. It’s make less boring.” he smile remember the first time he met Sandeul.

 

“When night came, I always worried.. Whether I can opened my eyes the next morning or not. There’s also a time, appa found me lying in the bed unmoving.”

 

“To live till this time, it’s a total blessing for us.” he smile gratefully and kiss Taeyeon hand. Then he look up and cup her ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter