Chapter 23

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jooeun-ah! Come here!” Hanjin wave Jooeun over to where she is right now. After the lunch, all party decided to drop any honorifics and just talk things in a friendly way. And Jooeun feel grateful for having a teammate like them.

 

Jooeun shook her head as Hanjin wave her over to the soccer pinball machine. It’s just her first day working here, how can she already playing? Not to mention, aren’t they should be working their off right for the ADCC? Donghae, Bongsuk, and Youngkwang, the three of them are trying the miniature in the workshop in that room.

 

“It’s okay. Just chill.” Hanjin persuade her, knowing what Jooeun is thinking.

 

She then look at the trio that are busying making the miniature, then she walk towards Hanjin.

 

“You can play this, right?” Hanjin jutted her lips to the soccer pinball in front of her.

 

Jooeun nodded, after that she took the position across her, and both start playing. It was fun actually for Jooeun. She thought, coming and working in this big and number one company in Seoul will be a burden to her. But no. she enjoy it, indeed. Akira will shout at me if she know this. Jooeun thought, mentally chuckled.

 

The game end up with Jooeun losing. Hanjin then offer her cola, and both women drink the coke while leaning on to the machine. Jooeun eyes roamed around the room, even though she has been in this room for almost 6 hours, this room and all in it still amazed her.

 

“Even till now, I still wonder, if this room was made for working or recreation.” Jooeun mutter.

 

“Ah, this room is Director Kim design.” Upon the word Director Kim, Jooeun turn her head to Hanjin that is sipping onto her coke.

 

“Director Kim?”

 

“Yes. I still remember that day. Uhm..” Hanjin thought for awhile. “It’s around those year she just became Director. She just came into this room and sit for awhile without saying a words. We thought she was observing us while working, that’s why all of us work diligently.” Jooeun chuckled.

 

“Then, before leaving, she just told us to move to another room start from tomorrow, since the room will be under constructions. It’s weird for us, since there’s nothing broken with this room. Then after a full month, we came back to this room and BAM! The room had change into like this.”

 

Jooeun look around the room. The workshop, the wallpaper, the game zone, the sofa, the LCD TV, the medium fridge, then her head turn to the medium room in the corner of the room.

 

“What’s that room for?” Jooeun pointed to the room.

 

“Oh, that. Director Kim said better vent anger and frustration at there, rather than at our design. So, every time we have a problem, we’ll just paint randomly at there. But, sometimes, it can be a corner of inspiration also.”

 

Jooeun smile lightly. As always, full of consideration.

 

“Some things just never change.” Jooeun mumble lowly.

 

“You say something?”

 

“Ani.” Jooeun shook her head, lying.

 

“Hanjin! Please bring us a drink!” Bongsuk hollered from the workshop.

 

“Neh!” Hanjin then leave, taking drinks from the fridge and head to the workshop.

 

Jooeun sigh, sip into her coke in silent. Then, her phone ring. She head to her table. Akira.

 

She look at the rest that gather in the workshop, then head out to pick up the call. “Moshi moshi.”

 

“Hoi! Joonie-chan!” Akira hollered excitedly, making Jooeun chuckled.

 

“Why do you call?”

 

“How’s your first day? Does it boring?”

 

Jooeun leaned at the wall in the hallway. “Uhm.. Not so bad for the first day. I like it. Oh, right, you should have watch it yourself. The room is totally awesome.” Jooeun grinned.

 

“Awesome? How much awesome?”

“Too awesome that you never imagine before.” Akira sneer.

 

“So, what happened to you last night? Don’t try to lie to me.” Akira said bluntly. She totally hit the bull's eyes.

 

Akira called her last night, asking about the test and interview, but upon knowing she had found Taeyeon, Jooeun took all day just to think about Taeyeon, that when Akira call her, she couldn’t said a word to her, making her had to make a lie that she was tired.

 

Jooeun sigh before answering. “Akira.. I, had found her.”

 

Silence at the other line. Akira herself was surprised that Jooeun would found her that fast. It’s just a week since she arrived at Seoul. “By her, you mean.. Kim Taeyeon?” Akira said carefully, knowing that name enough bring scar into her best friends.

 

“Hmm..” Jooeun nodded. She closed her eyes momentarily.

 

“Then.. Have you talk to her?”

 

“I haven’t. She left before I could reach her yesterday. And she was not here today.” Jooeun replied weekly.

 

Akira furrowed brow. Yesterday? Was not here today? What does Jooeun mean? Akira eyes widen in shock. “Yah.. Did you work at the same place as her?”

 

Jooeun chuckled weakly. “It’s an irony, right? Turn out, she’s my boss here.”

 

Akira doesn’t know what to say. She’s not a person that good with advice. She’s blunt and straight, and right now, she’s clueless on how to say words that won’t hurt her best friend.

 

“You know me. I’m not good with advice thingy, so.. Just don’t hurt yourself more, Joonie.”

 

Jooeun smile, grateful she has Akira as her best friend. She know Akira is not good at words, she always blunt and straight, sometimes rude, and other people will find her annoying. But, Jooeun know, she just couldn’t stand still when something bother her.

 

“Thanks, Akira.”

 

“No prob.” Akira said lightly. And the phone call end there. Jooeun leaned at the wall. A rush feeling suddenly came into her, and she doesn’t know how to control it. She also doesn’t want to cry, not when her other friend will find her soon here. Jooeun heaved a sigh. And walk into the room again. About Kim Taeyeon, She will deal with her tomorrow.

 

 

Mrs. Goo and Hara step down from car and went into a 2 story store in front of them. As they enter, all staff immediately bow to them, showing respect to the owner of the store. Mrs. Goo nod back to them, and her eyes look around the store she had been working on for months. What she want the store to be, totally happened right in front of her eyes. Hara even amazed at her mother store.

 

“It’s totally awesome, mom.” Hara praised in her fluent english, proud of what her mom did.

 

Mrs. Goo just smile back at her daughter. “Indeed it is.”

 

One of the staff then came forward to the mother and daughter. “Madam, the thing you order.”

 

“Oh, right. Hara, eomma has some things to do. Wait here, okay?” Mrs. Goo left, following the staff as the lead.

 

Hara look around the store and decided to wait for her mom at the sofa, which was place not too far from here.


 

“Has it done?”

 

“Yes, Madam. They just delivered it just now.” The staff said as she handed Mrs. Goo a blue box. Mrs. Goo opened the box, and she smile in satisfied. Inside the box was beautiful necklace, with 2 sparkling white diamond grace either side of a stunning round blue sapphire gemstone, giving the three-stone pendant a wonderful burst of color. The chain itself was shining elegantly as diamonds emblaze at the chain.

Mrs. Goo smile. She has designed this necklace and ask one of her worker to done it soon before the grand opening day. It totally look like what she ask for. She closed the box, and thanks the staff, head back to where Hara is. “Kajja, Hara.” both of them then left the place.

 

 

The guest at the grand opening came from the high level society. The ladies came wearing most expensive gown, diamond here and there dangling at their body. And not to mention, the men came wearing the best tuxedo. A car came one by one non-stop. But, despite the dozen cars that came stop by, Mrs. Goo only wait for one exact car. And that car hasn’t arrived till now.

 

She glanced at her Gucci gold wrist watch. It’s been 9, and the exact person she’s waiting hasn’t appeared yet. She bit her lips in nervous, thoughts like she won’t came scare her a bit.

 

“Eomma..” Mrs. Goo jump slightly as Hara touch her.

 

“Neh?”

 

“Eomma look fidgety.” Hara smile softly.

 

“I’m just nervous. It’s the grand opening after all.” she reasoned out.

 

Just then, a car stop by, making those reporters camera shutter them unstoppable. Both Hara and Mrs. Goo look at the entrance. There, Leeteuk came down the car, followed by a lady. Both enter the store, as repor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter