Chapter 21

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half hour before the second phase, the result had been posted on the big screen in the ground floor. 20 participant didn’t get into the second phase, and Jooeun heaved a sigh of relieved as she saw her name in it. She doesn’t want to have a high expectation since Donghae had said it before, that out of 30 people, they are only going to look for one person only. She was confidence before on the first phase. But now looking at how less the participant is, she felt a little small although she herself had been a team leader on her previous job.

 

After the announcement, the 20 participant left the company heavy heartedly. The rest of the participant then start to move for the second phase. Just at the time Taeyeon arrived at the company with her eyes glued on the iPad. She waited together the elevator with the rest of the participants. Jooeun herself is too nervous right in front of the elevator. She doesn’t know what would they asked at the interview later.

 

Ding! The elevator arrived. Jooeun lean on the elevator wall nervously. Oh my God! Why am I this nervous? Jooeun kept fidgeting her fingers nervously. She tried to calm herself and after she managed to calm herself, she pay attention to what the other participants say inside the elevator.

 

“Did you heard the rumor about Director Kim?” Said one of those that stand in the front.

 

“Oh that. I heard rumor she’s so heartless. I can’t imagine how the interview will be with her there.”

 

“But seems like she has an affair with the former president here.” Said the third person.

 

Taeyeon tear her eyes from her iPad upon the words ‘affair’. She didn’t say a word and continue to read the file she’s reading in her iPad. Jooeun frowned. Is it true? But they can be wrong also.

 

“Oh please, she must have something under her sleeve. What’s so good about her actually? Must be no more that a cheap that crawl up this high just for her advantage. A typical gold-digger." Response the second female.

 

Jooeun shake her head. Their words are too much. Even though it’s true, they still can’t say it behind the person back. The rest people inside also shake their head at the three people that are talking -or more like bad mouthing- people. Taeyeon didn’t mind their words. But surely, she recognize the sound of that three women.

 

 

The elevator arrived. Taeyeon stepped out of the elevator calmly, while the three women that just stand right behind her in the elevator still continued with their chit-chatting about the-cold-and-heartless-Director-Kim-that-had-an-affair-with-former-President. Le sigh. Three of you just don’t know what you are facing right now.

 

Nayoung about to make a call for Taeyeon when she saw her stepped out of the elevator with another participants. She hurry to her and bow to greet her.

 

“Director Kim.” Nayoung greet which just get a nodded from Taeyeon.

 

Since not much people in the hallway, Nayoung voice could be heard for other participants. The three women before were in deep shocked as they just realized the Director Kim they are talking is inside the elevator together with them. The rest participants could only hold their laughter while the three women were in extreme panicked. Jooeun shaked her head at the three women.

 

They are so childish. She then look at Taeyeon back that now had entered the room with a gigantic wood door.

 

 

Inside the room are Leeteuk, Donghae and Sandeul that preparing things for the interview that will start in any minute. Leeteuk look up when he heard the door open. He smile.

 

"How is it?" Leeteuk asked.

 

"I had take control of it." Taeyeon simply answered.

 

Taeyeon just went back from construction site, PK Group new project which is building a theme park. The first phase supposed to be her and Donghae but something came up on the construction making Taeyeon had to absent from the first phase.

 

01.00 pm.

 

One by one the participants enter the room for an interview. Till the one that bad mouthing Taeyeon at the elevator came in. The one that clearly state Taeyeon is a cheap that have an affair with a former president. Tsk. She's digging her grave right now.

 

"Seol Joo-ssi, what make you interest in applying here?" Leeteuk ask.

 

"Hmm.. That.. Eumm.. I just.." Her eyes can't stop glance at Taeyeon nervously and she kept fidgeting in her seat.

 

"Seol Joo-ssi?" Donghae call as Seol Joo isn't responding to the question instead kept glancing at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon look at her Channel watch. "Time's out. You may leave."

 

Something anger in Seol Joo as she stood up.

 

"Just who do you think you are?!"

 

Leeteuk and Donghae lookup in surprised. And so Sandeul and Nayoung that inside that room.

 

Just what is she doing? Sandeul mouth to Nayoung.

 

Digging her own grave. Nayoung mouth back to Sandeul. And Sandeul could only pray for that Seol Joo.

 

"What's so good about you? Just because you're a Director, huh?!"

 

Taeyeon lookup, her eyes as cold as ice like always.

 

"I managed to seduce the president to be a Director right now." Taeyeon said sarcastically.

 

The answer of course surprised all people in that room.

 

"!" And like that, Seol Joo leave the room smashing the door, leaving the room awkwardly silent.

 

"The next one." Taeyeon order, and Nayoung that was too awe then hurry to call the next participant.

 

Nine participant had been interview, the other two that bad-mouth Taeyeon together with Seol Joo totally failed when Taeyeon ask a question to them, although it very simply actually. Taeyeon sigh inwardly. Up to now, there’s none that qualify to be accepted.

 

Nayoung then eyed Donghae, and Donghae look back. She nodded her head to Taeyeon that look furious right now. And there’s only one thing that will happen if there’s none get accepted. Taeyeon herself will join the design team till the competition ends. And Nayoung know how Taeyeon will be when that time came. A sleepless night and a forgetting lunch slash dinner.

 

Donghae sigh. No matter what, he need to find someone to replace team.

 

The door open. Revealing a lady in her mid 20s. Dress in a white shirt that tuck neatly in her grey pencil skirt. She bow a little bit before heading to the seat.

 

Jooeun exhaled slowly. It feels like de’javu. Feeling like she’s back to the first time she got interview at Japan in the past. Her eyes then roamed to the three people in front of her. Two men, and one woman. One of them she recognize cause she saw him in the first phase before, but not the other man. And then the other woman beside Leeteuk. Jooeun couldn’t see her face since she bend down to take the pen that fall down.

 

Jooeun attention was then diverted to Donghae that ask her a question regarding her drawing before.

 

“Jooeun-ssi, can you tell us about your drawing?”

 

Jooeun..

 

Taeyeon look up upon the mention of the name. There she found the lady that sitting confidently in the front, answering Donghae very well. She then averted her eyes to the drawing in her table, and flip the paper. Behind the paper, written clearly Im Joo Eun name. Taeyeon then look clearly at the drawing, on the same time listening to her explanation.

 

She got a point. Taeyeon thought.

 

“Then, what make you came here Jooeun-ssi, when you’re a team leader back in Japan?”

 

“That.. I just..” silence for a while. Jooeun had prepare so much reason on why she resign from her position as team leader. A reason that sound reasonable when she said it. But why it’s so difficult? She squeeze her hand that unknown to her was sweating. She then look up, ready to answer when she saw a familiar face that didn’t look up from her drawing paper.

 

Jooeun clenched her hand hard upon seeing Taeyeon. The words that she want to say had been on the tip of her tongue. But she stop herself. Either she still didn’t believe her eyes or she didn’t believe herself.

 

The silence ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter