☾☆ Chapter Nine ☆☽

☾☆ My Lovely Mate ☆☽
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom's P☼V.

            My foot was propped up in a table in the nurse's office. LuHan was on the edge of the shabby bed, pressing a cold ice pack on my ankle. Gosh, why did I had to kick him? 

            I sighed.

            He met my gaze for a minute, and then I looked down. My stomach grumbled as I felt really bad about it.

            "Sorry." I muttered.

            "For what?"

            Biting my lower lip, I ran my fingers through my long hair. "I'm sorry for kicking your leg, I know I shouldn't have done that but-" I took a deep breath as I rested my head on the hard wall at my back. "I wasn't thinking straight."    

            He shrugged. "It's okay."

            "You're not mad, or anything?"

            "No, not at all. And in your defence, I'm not the one injured here, Bom."

            "I know, what strong legs you have!"

            He looked down to the floor, and sighed. "Yeah, I work out." I nodded, a little embarrassed now. Maybe I was being too noisy. "Look, there's something I need to tell you." LuHan draw a long breath as I saw his fist clenching. I dragged myself out of the bed, ignoring the pain that shot through my foot as I did so. "Just lie down for a minute."

            I shook my head and leaned against the wall. "What is what you wanted to tell me?"

            He gulped. "Last month- everything was a mistake, okay? Everything that happened last month wasn't supposed to happen. You, me, the rides in my car..." LuHan dropped his head down. He was breathing heavily.

            "Wait, Why do you say that?" I questioned, swallowing the lump forming in my throat.

            My lips quivered as I was on the verge of crying. "LuHan, I-" I closed my eyes and inhaled slowly through my nose, aware that I was gritting my teeth.

            "I don't want to see you anymore."

            A tear finally dropped off from my eyes. Why? What did I do wrong? Was he bipolar or something? "Is that what you really want?"

            "I'm sorry. I'm being very rude, I know, but it's better this way." He sounded sincere.

            "You can't just say all this to me. What's wrong with you? I thought we were friends!" I asked him, half shouting.

            "Please don't make this any harder for me." He pleaded, he almost sounded mad. "It's better if we're not friends, trust me."

            My eyes narrowed, I was about to punch his gorgeous face when the nurse entered the room before I could. "Oh, my" She gasped. "I thought I told you to stay with your leg still!"

A sigh escaped my lips.

            "Fine!" I snapped as I turned sharply away from that stupid and bipolar deer, clenching my jaw against all the crazy accusations I wanted to throw at him, and laying myself carefully on the small bed.

            "That's right, then I'll go get you more ice for you, dear." She said before bringing her attention back to LuHan. "You can go back to your class now, I'll take care of her." 

 

☾ ☆ ❤ ♥ ❥ ☂ ☁   ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁ ☂  ❥ ♥ ❤ ☆ ☽

            As I left the nurse's office with my injured foot still screaming out in pain, Dara, Minzy, and Chaerin, walked through the hallway.

            "How...-"

            "Shh unnie, LuHan ssi told us everything." Minzy hushed me as Dara put her arm around my waist and pulled my arm over her shoulder. "He came to us with your backpack and jacket in his hand and asked us if we could drive you home today." That stupid boy...

            "Anyway what the hell happened to your foot?"

            "Have you ever tried to kick a deer in its leg?" I mumbled sarcastically.

            They looked at me. I stared back at them. Their laughter echoed off the concrete walls. "You kicked LuHan in his leg? OMG this is so hilarious!"

            "Geez, why didn't you kicked him in the balls instead?" Chaerin asked, anticipating how my reaction will be.

            "Ya! watch your language." I slapped her arm.

            "Nah, but seriously, why did you did it?" She asked as they towed me slowly across the campus, to were the parking lot was. I hung my head and sighed.  

            "He suddenly started ignoring me... I think-" I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together for a few seconds. "I think he absolutely loathes me."

            "That's impossible." I barely heard Minzy's whisper. However, I didn't answer.    

 

☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ 

            I tried very hard not to be aware of him as the girls helped me into Chaerin's car, but since that was unworkable, at least I pretended it.

            I pretended not to notice his tall figure leaning against the side of his Porsche, talking with the same girl of the hallway. I pretended not to be aware of their closeness and her evident beauty. I pretended not to hear their pleasant-sounding laughter and their enthusiastic chitchat. In short; I pretended not to care anymore.

            "What about my car?" I recovered my composure, this time alerted because my black Volkswagen wasn't anywhere to be seen.

            "Well, you see...Someone has already parked it at your driveway." Dara explained before my imagination could get too out of my hands.

            What? I fuddle around in my bag trying to find the keys. Nope, they weren't there. "Who? and why?"

            "Your prince charming, of course, who else?" My eyes popped open, astonished. Our eyes connected across the parking lot for a moment before I cringed under his icy gaze. For a minute, and just for a freaking foolish minute, I thought his eyes looked at me with what looked like concern, but why the heck would he be concerned about me? We were not friends anymore. "Ha! Why do you ask? You're not driving it until your foot gets better."

            "Whatever. And why are we all in Chaerin's car?"

            "Excellent question!" The human rabbit clapped with excitement.

            "Tomorrow's Halloween, so eventually we decided to plan our outfits for SeHun's party at your house." The younger one pointed out behind me, at the back seat of Chaerin's Chevrolet.

            "What? Wait, no. What are you dragging me into now? Leave me out of this. I've never agreed to any such party." I felt myself getting angry but forced myself to remain still.

            "Of course you haven't. I'm sure you didn't even knew of such party." Chaerin chuckled at me.

            "Exactly."

            "Too bad you're going either way." She continued.  

            "No, I don't want to, and I won't. Period" I grumbled.

            "O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter