☾☆ Chapter Eleven ☆☽

☾☆ My Lovely Mate ☆☽
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: This chapter is not edited so, read w/precaution >:D

Bom's P☼V.

            "The cries sounded so close. Right outside the window. Long, angry howls.

            I shoved down the covers and lowered my feet to the floor. I was still trembling, and my head throbbed as I stood up. I guessed I still had a fever.

            Another long howl.

            I made my way to the hall on shaky legs. I had to find out if my parents had heard the howls, too.

            Walking through the darkness, I bumped into a low table in the hall. I still wasn’t used to this new house.

            My feet were cold as ice, but my head felt burning hot, as if it were on fire.

            Rubbing the knee I had banged, I waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. Then I—"
            "Can we not listen to this anymore?" I asked as I lowered the volume of the car's radio.
            "But it's the R.L Stain special! Come on! They only broadcast his stories today." LuHan chuckled, increasing the volume again.
            " What was that sound?

            A scratching sound.

            My breath caught in my throat. I froze, my arms stiff at my sides.

            I listened."
            I looked out the window, pretending to take interest in the scenery outside when I actually didn't.
            "There it was again.

            Over the pounding of my heart, I heard it.

            Scratch scratch scratch."

            "You don't like R.L Stain?"
            "Someone—or something—scratching at the kitchen door.

            Then—another howl. So close. So terrifyingly close."

            "No."

            "Why not?" He asked, more than curious now. 
            "Scratch scratch scratch.
            What could it be? Some kind—"

            "No reason." I lied trying to not allow my uneasiness to show through.
            He smirked, shaking his head as he turned off the transmission. "If you were afraid, you shouldn't have hidden it, sweetheart."
            "I-I wasn't, and wha-what did you call me?" I exclaimed, bright pink blush flowing into my cheeks. 
            Sweetheart.
            Mentally, I began to jump around like a crazy woman.
            "Why? You like that name?"
            I decided not to reply to him, he was obviously going to make fun of me again. I turned back to the window, studiously ignoring how the corners of his perfect mouth were annoyingly twitched up.
            "You're so easy to read, Bom." He mocked. "Just one more question—...Since when are you afraid of horror stories?"
            I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "It's not that I'm afraid of them, it's just that I don't like them."
            He nodded his head. "And yet you're sitting next to one."
            "Yes, because you are the exception." I looked at him. You are my only exception.     
             LuHan's face softened, until he heard my following question.
            "Which bring us back to you. Are you ready to talk?"
            He inhaled deeply. "I don't know how to start."
            "Why don't you start at the beginning... I won't laugh." I bit my lip. He looked down at me, his dark eyes unexpectedly cheerless.
            "I'm more afraid you'll hate me."
            "That won't happen. Go on." I assured him.
            We sat in silence again. I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. It was past four-thirty.

            "I had  hated these days of the month ever since I have fourteen." I shivered at the coldness in his voice. "I despite them because—," His chest was rising and falling heavily. "they're a reminder of what I am..." He trailed off, pausing as I saw his knuckles tighten convulsively on the wheel. "...I'm not like the others—and I can't control it."        
            "What do you mean? What happened three years ago?" My voice came out in a whisper.
            He looked away, deliberating.
            "I killed someone."
             

☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ 

     LuHan reminded quiet until his house came in view, giving me time to compose my face, I believe. I hardly could think of any acceptable response to his confession, however I tried to refocus. I wasn't ready to let him be finished, not now that he was finally explaining things.
            He pulled into his driveway and took my bag from my outstretched hands. "I'll answer all the questions you may have, after you've changed clothes."
            I quickly shifted, unbuckling and tossing the door open. He smiled slightly as he followed, and stepped out of the car, but his eyes were hard.
            "Oh my goodness, you're back!" A bright haired woman, standing to the left of the living room smiled and stepped forward, wrapping her fine arms above both of ours shoulders, LuHan's and mine. I flicked my eyes to LuHan, and noticed how similar they looked alike, especially the sandy hair.

            Then it struck me.  

            The woman must be Lu Daiyu, LuHan's mother. But how— I couldn't help but be struck by her youth, and her outrageous perfection.
            "It's very nice to finally know you, dear. You're exceptionally gorgeous!" She said sincerely, taking a step back.
            "Thank you. I'm glad to meet you too." I smiled at her shyly.
            "Oh, don't thank me. Anyway, why is your dress so soaked?" She asked to my extreme embarrassment. I could see it from her face how objectionable I was looking like right now. Holy crow, I didn't even dare to touch my own hair. I bet it looked like an oak tree if not a huge Christmas one.  
            "She decided to go for a swim while I was at the lake." LuHan's voice broke the short silence, scolding at me from the corner of his eye. And then, as if he could read the puzzled look his mother was giving to my dress, he answered; "We're going to SeHun's party, I don't think we have enough time to dry her costume. Maybe you have something she can wear instead of this?"
            "Of course! I have the perfect outfit for you, honey! The same goes for you, son." Gently, her cold hands gripped me by the shoulders, and started dragging me to the stairs.  "You already know where it is, so go and get change while I take care of this beautiful lady right here."      

☾ ☆ ❤ ♥ ❥ ☂ ☁   ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁ ☂  ❥ ♥ ❤ ☆ ☽

LuHan's P☪V.

            My costume wasn't that impressive, however I was in no position to refuse. There was no way I would let Bom go alone to that party. So now I was here, at my sisters bedroom, looking like the spitting image of the prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, or so my father and sisters thought.
            "Omo! you look so handsome!" Ai, One of my sisters, clapped excitedly as she helped An, her identical twin, make the appropriate changes to the outfit once she has enlarged it to the size of my long body.
            "Yep, so handsome— But, could you stop moving around! I'm trying to put this moustache on your face!"
            I looked down at her, frowning. "I don't think that's really necessary."
            "Of course it is! Now shut up, and let us finish our work." Ai said before she darkened my eyes with some eye-shadow she had borrowed from mom. "It's Halloween so you have to look terrifying and attractively dead!" Just wait and you'll see your mate will not be able to take her eyes off you.
            I merely shrugged.
            "Somehow this feels as if we were getting you ready for your own wedding." Dad commented as my eyes widened in shock.
            "Oh my gosh, dad don't say that! He's so in love that he would definitely believe your words and make us go buy the rings and eventually bring a priest home!" An joked, laughing along with her twin.
            I gave them a flat look. "Yeah because we would love to get married on Halloween, disguised, looking and—" Sniff  "—Ugh, even smelling like dead people."
            Ai was about to reply me back and say "Ha! As if you loathe the idea. You prick." when mom pushed open the door into hers and An's room.
            "My my, look at you! You look so manly and mature! Darling go get the camera.now. This needs to be framed!"
            "No— Mom! —I..." My small attempt to get her to change her mind didn't work because dad already had the camera in his hands. Werewolf's speed, of course. Snap! "Argh."
            "Okay, now we may wait for Bom at the vestibule. Let's go down everybody!" Mom smiled brightly, gesturing us to go ahead of her. I rolled my eyes, and agreed, exiting the room along with dad and the twins. Why does she has to be so annoying?
            As we settled ourselves down at the hall mom said in a sickeningly cheerful voice, "Okay, hon, you can come down now!"
            Without wasting more time, I turned my eyes to where the sound of Bom's heels were coming.
            The room went silent.
            I was petrified, elated, daze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter