☾☆ Chapter Four ☆☽

☾☆ My Lovely Mate ☆☽
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bom's P☼V.

I sat down on the wet bench inside the school's greenhouse which gave me the feeling of being a Hogwarts student, the sludge soaking my sneakers. This was probably the worst part of the day. Biology class. Come to think about it, it wasn't that I didn't like the subject, well, kind of. The thing was Mr. Joon, our teacher, he had already paired up all my classmates but me. Though I wouldn't complain, it was after all my own fault for transferring here almost in the middle of the year. I suppose I didn't have another choice.

"Well class, this is our third time in the greenhouse so I suggest you sit right where you were last time." Mr. Joon announced with enthusiasm passing out paper and pencils. I accepted them with a sigh. I really could not understand why everybody looked so excited, I mean, this was a freaking biology test!

"If you notice on the backside of the sheet there is a thin line, please write you and your partner's name there." He pointed out but then again the attention of the class was elsewhere. "Oh Mr. LuHan ssi." I diverted my eyes to the figure leaning on the door frame of the freezing greenhouse. Thump~ thump.

The boy approached Mr. Joon and handed him a little piece of paper. The older furrowed his brows for a minute and glanced at the younger searchingly. "Well if that's the case: welcome to my humble class Mr. LuHan ssi, you can sit next to miss Park."

He met my eyes briefly as he made his way across the cold room towards me.

I found myself lost in his gaze. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but clearly something about him has changed since this morning.

I kept staring him until an annoying voice shocked me out of my observant stupor and made me blink. "Mr. Joon, don't pair LuHan with the new girl. It will ruin his grades."

"Miss Jung, do you know who is in charge of this class?" He asked her as she nodded silently. "Alright then why don't you worry about your own grades, and let me do my job?"  

"Mwo? ...tch, unbelievable." Jessica scoffed and rolled her eyes before turning her face at me. I shot her back an innocent little smile making her jaw set and throw daggers at me with her icy glare, but I didn't really care.

"Hello." I quickly snapped my head to the boy who was sitting next to me.

No reaction. Apparently he hadn't heard me. I cleared my throat and tried again: "Hello."

This time he looked at me, his eyes blinking furiously, as if I were a rude girl for interrupting the silence that he was enjoying.

 

I was just about to turn around and take the test by myself when he asked in a whisper "Sorry, were you talking to me?" The question in and of itself was a bit harsh but his tone suggested he was genuinely surprised.

"Uhn, I think you don't remember m-"

"I do remember you." He responded before I could even finish my sentence. "Park Bom, right?"

"O-oh... Yes, I guess I was wrong." I held out my hand. "...Nice to meet you, LuHan ssi." He nodded but seemed hesitant to reach out and shake my hand. I internally cringed. He scratched his head and covertly wiped his hands on the front of his jeans, but it was still a little sweaty when he placed it in mine. And maybe it was just my imagination, but I thought he held my hand longer than what was necessarily polite for the circumstance.

We started at each other for a few moments, then his eyes drift down to the paper in front of us.
 

"Hey! you two, you want me to take the test for you? START NOW!" The professor Joon yelled at us. 

I took one last glance at LuHan ssi before pulling out some more gardening tools from the supply closet behind me.
Mr. Joon wanted us to make a report of how to graft and produce new varieties of fruits with the trees of the greenhouse, so I picked the orange buds.

"Orange?" My ears caught a soft chuckle coming from the guy at my side. I looked at him and asked just slightly annoyed: "What?"

"I think you chose the wrong ones." LuHan said casually, giving me one of the smiles that could melt every girl's heart in this world.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"It's quite known that pears and apples are the easiest." He muttered and I tried to collect myself, doing my best to not look at him when I spoke again. "S-so? Oranges are more yummy!"
"...And I thought I was the weird one here." He said, softly. I really tried not to stare at his face but it was infinitely harder because he was definitely staring at mine. I turned my head.

He was smiling at me, no, scratch that, it wasn't a full on smile; he looked like he was suppressing a chuckle.
                                    Tch~ whatever.

 

☾ ☆ ❤ ♥ ❥ ☂ ☁   ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ ☁ ☂  ❥ ♥ ❤ ☆ ☽


Really? Are you that tired? If I remember correctly, I was the one who planted the tree in the woods. I rolled my eyes at LuHan's note. We had been passing notes back and forth to each other for the past twenty minutes of class because we finished the test before the rest of our classmates.

Give me some credit too, you smug deer!! I wrote on a piece of tattered loose leaf paper, before passing it to him.

 Okay, in that case; thanks for tripping over me and covering my clothes with mud.
And for Jesus Christ! for the nth time: I'm not a DEER!!  A chuckle slid through my lips as I imagined him saying it with his lightly accented Chinese.

1.You're welcome.
2.Fine, but you stop calling Olenji~ah a tree. I wrote my response and tossed the note back to LuHan.

For your information: "Olenji~ah" is in fact a tree.

Elementary my dear Watson... but Mr. Joon told us to treat her like our own child.

He opened it up and read, scrunching his nose in the process.

I presume that by "her" you meant that Olenji~ah is a "she", and by "our child" I assume you're kidding.

Of course all of this nice chit-chat was completely ruined by the next six words that I chose to throw away.

I knew it was not the kind of thing you should say to a person you just meet, even as I was writing it, but by then it was too late.


Why? You aren't gay, are you?

His eyebrows furrowed together in deep confusion as he tried to read the emotions in my face.
What's wrong with me? I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I closed my eyes in mortification.
I couldn't look at him knowing that I'd only find disgust on his face.

But maybe I was wrong. I chanced a peek form behind my fingers but he wasn't even looking at me anymore. 

The bell rang, much to my relief actually. And LuHan started collecting his things without even giving me a single glance or a real answer.
    This disappointed me, but I could hardly expect otherwise.  

 

☂ ☁  ☂ ☁  ☂ 


Gym passed in a blur. The girls questioned my abstraction but I didn't pay much attention to them until the hour was nearly up. They were curious about the obvious change in my mood. Should I tell them what happened in the greenhouse?
I was pondering the idea when I caught sight of  the boy in front of me. His brown piercing eyes were looking right at me.
Minzy seemed to be the only one who noticed it. She turned her eyes to LuHan before turned it to me. "Well, we have to go. See you tomorrow Bom unnie." She spoke giving me a fighting-I-know-you-can look.
I panicked, shook my head and shot her back a 'don't-you-dare-leave-me-alone' look. We both were sort of exchanging stares for a few moments when all of sudden, the three of them waved goodbye at the same time and walked off to their cars. What!? Oh no, please don't leave me here. I hold the urge to throw myself on the floor a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter