Chapter 9

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Chapter 9 ]

 

“Whoah, is that Kim Jaejoong?”

 

 “Oh, my gosh! Kim Jaejoong!”

 

“Kim Jaejoong!”

 

“Kyaaah!”

 

Jaejoong heard many fangirls scream in delight as they saw him approaching. It’s been a long time since he was gone, and now, he’s back for good.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” a familiar voice said. He turned around to see who it was.

 

“Youngbae! It’s been a long time!” Jaejoong greeted Youngbae as they do some handshake with a pat on each other’s back. “When did you come back from New York?”

 

“Last night. Yeah, it’s really been a long time.” Youngbae answered. Jaejoong just smiled to him.

 

“So… what brings you back?” Youngbae asked. Jaejoong doesn’t seem surprise anymore. Perhaps he already knew that this question will be one of the FAQs as soon as he comes back.

 

 “Is there any reason I shouldn’t be back?” Jaejoong snapped.

 

“I didn’t say you shouldn’t be. I know you, Jaejoong. Don’t twist me with those answers. I asked you first.”

 

“Youngbae, I own a life and I must continue living it. Years ago, I tried to find my life somewhere far away… to run away from all the pain that this place had brought me. But what’s with running away? I never find the ‘life’ I thought I will find there, because all this time, I belong here. My life is here.”

 

Youngbae just stared at him in bewilderment. Jaejoong can’t help, but to smile at Youngbae’s reaction.

 

“You’ve man up, bro. You’re not the same ‘all-play’ kid from before. And you have loads of fangirls hovering around you.”

 

Jaejoong laughed. “I think I am.”

 

 

[ Dara’s POV ]

 

Jiyong dropped me off outside my room. He said we’ll be going home together after class so I’ll just have to wait for him here then he left for his class without another word. I smiled to his retreating back. I didn’t expect things between us will get along after our rough start. But he already apologized and that’s enough for me. I think I can go through our ‘two-years set-up’ just as long as we’re good.

 

I turned to face the closed door of my room. Back to reality. My heart was pounding against my chest. I’m afraid to enter the room, considering that the classes already started almost an hour ago. I heaved out a heavy sigh before I knock then slowly open the door.

 

I looked around to check if the professor is in. To my relief, there’s none. My gaze shifted to the people inside, they all stopped to whatever they’re doing then stared at me. They shot me that you’re-not-welcome-here look.

 

Ignore them. Ignore them. Ignore them. I chanted over and over inside my head.

 

I walked towards the nearest vacant seat at the back and settled myself there. As expected, no one dared to come near me and make friends; instead they keep distance from me as if I have a communicable disease. Series of whispers pass through the room. I heard some of the words they said like ‘wife’, ‘Kwon Jiyong’, and ‘gold-digger’. The last word was a bit painful to hear, but I keep a straight face and pretended to browse through my book.

 

I remembered that this prestigious school is exclusive for those who are well-off and have a place in the society that’s why everyone here is stinking rich. On the other hand, here I am, pretending like a character in an unknown fairy tale who got married to a prince then became rich who’ll be running away after two years because her midnight nightmare is coming.

 

Lost in my own deep thoughts, I was brought back to reality when the door opened. I thought it was the professor, but it’s someone I knew. It’s Jaejoong. I forgot we’re in the same class together. Some of the girls squealed in delight seeing him. Ignoring his fangirls, he roamed his eyes inside the room as if searching for someone. To my surprise, his gaze rested on me. He smiled then walked closer.

 

“Hey, Strawberry flavored—“

 

I scowled, making him stop then laughed to my sudden reaction.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

He stopped laughing, then lean closer. I felt some death glares when he did that.

 

“Because Ms. Strawberry is so cute whenever she’s pissed off.” He whispered to my ears.

 

Before I can push him away, he already sat back in the seat beside mine while grinning. I was about to speak to him when the real professor came in. Well, I guess I just have to talk to him later.

 

Hours passe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter