Chapter 1

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sir! Try our newest flavor. It’s not yet out in stores, but I guarantee you that this will satisfy you and your partner.” She heard her friend endorsed to a man who just passed by.

This has been her new side-line; giving out fliers, free products and many more to all passersby here at Hongdae. She never wanted this, but she have to do this. They seriously need money, and she’s desperate enough to do this ‘free ’ thing just to support her mother’s medications and her brother’s studies, and to pay their debts. But this is just so humiliating for her.

“S-sir, try our newest .” She whispered again.

Ugh, really. I have to add this to my ‘most embarrassing moments of Dara Park’.  She said to herself. Of all products, why is it had to be ?

“S-sir…” she stuttered.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” she gasped when she heard her friend called out as she noticed that she wasn’t doing the right thing.

“How can we finish all those boxes if you’ll just whisper there? How will they notice you, if they can’t hear you?” she scolded Dara.

She apologized to her for being stubborn and for not doing the right thing.

I must do this, so they’ll keep me in this job. She reminded herself.

“Sir! Try our newest flavor of ! It’s not yet out in the market! I’m sure you will be satisfied--” Dara shouted to the man, but was cut off by him when the man faced her. He gets the in her hands then observed the product.

“Seriously?” the man asked her as if he’s teasing her. She didn’t dare to look up at him, but she knows that the man is smirking.

She felt blood rising up her cheeks while she nodded her head.

“Wow. This is interesting.” The man said then left.

“Whoah, what was that? This is it! One down, hundreds to go.” She whispered again to herself, ignoring what had just happened.

Think positive! Fighting, Dara! She said to herself again then went back to work.

 

 

“Hey.” She called out to him.

“Hey.” Jiyong stood up then kissed the girl in both cheeks.

“How have you been?” the girl asked him.

“Same old story. I go here, I go there. I sign this, I sign that. I need to do this, I need to do that. Exhausting, as always. How about you?” He asked lazily as they walked towards the bench. They were in the park on the outskirts of Tokyo, where they usually hang-out a long time ago, when Jiyong and his family still lives here.

“I just got a 2-year contract with Vogue Japan this spring, and then I’ll be going to Europe for Vogue Paris this Christmas. I got a jam-packed schedule for the next few months.” She answered.

“Wow. That’s good news you got there. I’m sure you’re more than excited.” He said then smiled genuinely, happy for her.

“Yes, I am. I really am.” She giggled.

“Would you like to celebrate?” Jiyong asked her.

“Sure.” She chirped then head towards Jiyong’s car.

 

 

“Whooh! Finally, we’re done!” Dara said exasperatedly.

“Ugh, my legs hurt.” Her friend complained as they head towards the nearest bench in a park in Hongdae.

They have been giving away those condoms for almost 3 hours. It may sound ridiculous, giving away condoms, but that’s what they were told to do. They were just complying with their boss’ orders.

“I can’t feel them anymore.” Dara said as she slightly punch each her legs, trying to feel them.

“Yah, how long have you been working today?” her friend suddenly asked her.

“Uhm… 20 hours?” she answered, not quite sure if she computed it properly.

“What the?! Do you even eat?” her friend worriedly asked her.

“I ate my lunch.” She answered, realizing that it was already 13 hours since the last time she ate. She checked her watch for the time, it’s already 12 midnight.

“Err, don’t worry, Bom. I can still manage.” Dara continued.

“You want me to squeeze your neck? What ‘I can still manage?’?” Bom reprimanded her.

Okay, let’s all welcome… Bom ahjumma. She said to herself.

“You have to eat, whether you like it or not. Wait here, I’ll buy something.” Bom instructed her, and then left.

Come to think of it. She has been working since 4 in the morning up to now, its 12 midnight already.

She stared at the night sky above her as she felt the cool wind bracing her.

“What more challenges do you have there for me?” she asked the night sky.

Aware that she won’t get any answer, she let out a deep sigh then closed her eyes.

“Please help me.” She whispered to the moon as a tear fell down her cheek.

 

 

Bom’s POV

     Seriously, what’s with that woman? I think she wants to die. Who in the right mind will work for 20 hours and eat only lunch? I bet her lunch is a small sandwich and a soda. I went to a near restaurant to take out food. I could’ve just brought Dara here, but I knew Dara won’t let me treat her dinner. So I just asked her to stay at the park, while I buy our food.

     As I wait for my order, I decided to sit near the glass wall so I can see the view outside. People were fewer unlike earlier. Maybe graveyard shift has started already. It was only 2 blocks away from the park where I left Dara and I can still see her back from here.

“She’s talking to the moon again.” I whispered as I saw her looking at night sky.

Dara has been my friend, since we were in grade school. We became seatmates when she transferred in my school. I started to like her for she is cheerful and kind-hearted. But aside from being seatmates, she’s also my partner-in-crime. It was always fun having her beside me. She never left me especially when I lost my mother when we’re in junior high. She was also there when my father has to leave for abroad to work. But when we were in the mid of senior year, her father died in an accident. Then after a year, her mother was diagnosed of heart complications. Since then, Dara became the breadwinner of their family. She worked for her mother’s medi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter