Chapter 2

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            He expected this answer from her, since he knows her very well. But he wasn’t prepared that this would be very painful for him to take.

“I know from the start that you will decline to my proposal. But I never thought that this would be very painful.” He blurted out truthfully.

“Jiyong…” Kiko started, but was cut off by him.

“No, I’m okay. Don’t worry, I’m fine. I’ll be fine.” He said to her.

            Another deafening silence came. No one dared to speak. Both of them were drown in their own deep thoughts.

“You know what will happen if you won’t marry me, right?”

“Of course, I do. But I also do know what will happen after two years.” She answered.

“Are you sure it’s alright with you?”

“Jiyong, there are things we have to accomplish first for ourselves before we get into something that can change our lives forever. I cannot just agree marrying you just because of your family traditions. I know your dream is to have your family’s company. If I’ll turn down your proposal, you’ll be marrying whoever your grandfather chooses for you. That’s your responsibility for being one of his successors, right?” she paused, waiting for his answer.

            He nodded as a response. He’s too focused in what she’s saying.

Then she continued, “Just like you, I also have a dream. You’ve known me for a long time. You know my plans and aspirations in life. I want to be a famous model. I want to reach my dreams, because I worked hard for it, not because I’m the wife of Kwon Jiyong. Anyways, we’re still young. We’re both inexperienced with regards to married life. There are also a lot things aside from marriage that we’re both experience with.” She said to him.

            As expected by him, she thought of her answer very well. Although it hurts him, he has no choice but to accept this. He loves her. He really does. No matter what happen, he’ll love her.

            They love each other, but maybe this isn’t the right time for them.

            This is not the end. He said to himself.

            He was surprised when Kiko stood up and went to where he is seated.

“I turned you down tonight, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. You know how much I love you and you know I always will.” She said then lean forward to kiss him.

 

 

“How is she? Why did she faint? Is she okay now? What will happen to her?” Mr. Kwon asked, worry is visible in his tone. As soon as the doctor got out of Dara’s room, he bombarded him countless questions.

            After the encounter with Mr. Song and his gang, Mr. Kim immediately brought Dara to the Kwon’s mansion. Despite Bom’s protests, he still managed to convince her that it would be best if Dara will be there. He knows he could’ve just brought her to the hospital, but her safety is his top priority. They don’t know when Mr. Song and his gang will attack again, so he decided to bring her there. After all, Kwon’s mansion has it all.

“She’s okay now, but she seriously needs rest. I think over fatigue and hunger is the cause of her fainting. By only looking at her physical frame, I think she’s underweight. It’s below normal than what is expected her age. She has bruise on her left cheek and arm and a scratch on her right forehead, too. Did she get into an accident?”

“No.” Mr. Kim answered the doctor right away as Mr. Kwon is oblivious of what really happen.

“Oh, okay. Well, those were minor bruises. By the way, I injected her some vitamins. It’ll make her sleep a little longer, so she can regain her strength. Hmm…” the doctor paused. “Well, other than that, I think she’ll be okay.” The doctor finished.

“Oh, poor Dara.”

“Everything will be fine, Mr. Kwon. Stop worrying. It would be bad for you if you worry too much. Anyways, I got to go.” The doctor bid his goodbye.

“Thank you, Dr. Cha.” Mr. Kwon finally said.

            He turned around to ask Mr. Kim about what happen. He then started recalling what Bom had told him about Dara’s life as they rush her in here. He told him about their debts, her mother’s sickness and her supporting of her brother’s studies. He told him also about the encounter earlier.

“Who told you all these?” Mr. Kwon curiously asked him.

“Ms. Park Bom, sir.”

“Park Bom? Who is she? I never heard of her before. Where is she now?”

“She is Ms. Dara’s best friend. She fell asleep as she waited for the doctor to be here. Seunghyun brought her to one of the guest’s room, so she can rest. They left just before your arrival, sir.” He expl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter