"IT"

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And I wasn't able to sleep again." Dara sighed as she toyed her phone in her hand. She had trouble putting herself to sleep last night as Jiyong's meeting with his girlfriend clouded up her mind.

 

"Ah, stupid." She slightly hit her head using her fist. "What did I get myself into?" She sighed again.

 

"Young lady, the breakfast is ready." The maid knocked before opening the door of her bedroom.

 

"Morning." Dara sat up straight, then smiled weakly. "I am not hungry yet. I'll eat later."

 

"But young master is-" the maid protested. "I'll text him. I'll tell him I wanted to sleep more." She cut her off.

 

The maid went straight outside her room and did not argue with her anymore. Dara laid again on her bed then closed her eyes. "I don't know if I can see you right now, Jiyong."

 

 

"It seems Ms. Dara wasn't able to sleep well last night, young master."

 

"She's still sleeping?" Jiyong asked as he set aside his utensils, losing his appetite.

 

"Yes, young master." The maid immediately left after relaying the message.

 

He fished out his phone from his pocket and started typing something.

 

I'll be out til 3 pm. Eat your breakfast AND lunch. Don't be stubborn. Text me anything you wanted. Call me if you need anything.

 

 

"Jiyong..." Kiko ran towards Jiyong as she wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you." She whispered then kissed him on the cheek.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked while releasing himself from her hug.

 

"What? Can't I hug you now?"

 

"It's not that. It's just that... we're in public. We need to be careful to everyone's eyes, especially the media."

 

"Since when did we care about what they're going to say?" Kiko sounded hurt more than surprised from Jiyong's change of mood.

 

Since I married Dara. Jiyong wanted to say, but chose not to. He doesn't even know where that thought come from. "Did you eat yet?" Jiyong asked, trying to change the subject. Kiko only shook her head as a response. Both of them went to the far most corner of the restaurant and settled themselves there. A waiter approached their table to get their orders. As usual, Jiyong decided what they will be having.

 

"She's pretty." Kiko announced immediately after the waiter left.

 

"Who?" Jiyong asked nonchalantly.

 

"Your wife. And she looks fragile and innocent and--"

 

"Don't we have any other thing to talk about? So, when are you going to Paris?" Jiyong asked to cut her off, without taking off his gaze on his phone on the table.

 

"That's very sweet of you back there in your school." Kiko commented out of nowhere.

 

"What?" Jiyong asked again, his full attention on her now.

 

"Your wife, you protected her so well back there." Kiko smiled bitterly. "I wish it could also be the same thing for us. You protecting me."

 

"Kiko..." Jiyong started, but stopped when his phone began vibrating on the table. He looked at it for a moment, completely torn whether to answer the phone call or not.

 

"Go ahead. Answer your phone. Maybe it's urgent. It's your wife calling."

 

"Kiko, what are your trying to pull off?" Jiyong irritatedly said. He doesn’t understand why Kiko is acting this way.

 

"What am I trying to pull off? I'm only asking you to answer the goddamn phone!" Kiko said, her tone rising now.

 

He exhaled, resigned. Just when he was about to answer, the line went off. Kiko was about to say something again when the waiter arrived on their table with their ordered food.

 

"Let's not talk about my marriage." Jiyong exhaled. "Let's just eat quietly." Jiyong started eating when his phone vibrated again, but this time it was only a text message from the same caller.

 

Please come home.

 

 

"You did what?!" Bom shouted on top of her lungs on the other line. She can't believe what her bestfriend just did.

 

"I texted him." Dara whispered guiltily.

 

"You texted him. Okay." Bom tried to calm down, but lose it again. "WHAT DID YOU TEXT HIM?!"

 

"Please..."

 

"Please what?"

 

"Please come home."

 

"When did you text him again? I need the exact time."

 

"Half an hour already."

 

"You know how much I wanted to pull your hair right now, don't you?"

 

"Yes, but--"

 

"No buts!" Bom sighed. "I love you, Dara. That's why I'm being like this. You're confuse. Me too. I'm confuse. You said Jiyong's out because he has to attend some business meeting. You also said you don't know if you can see him right now." Bom started thinking as to why Dara is behaving in such a way, because she doesn’t see any reason for her to be like this. Everything doesn’t make any sense especially with her explanation and all. She also noticed that ever since her friend got married, she always feel either seventh heaven happiness or low as hell sadness which doesn't even make any sense.

 

“Could it be…” Bom trailed off. "OH. MY. GOD." She half screamed on the other line after one eternity of being silent, making Dara bolt upright from her bed.

 

"Gosh, Bom! My ears almost tear apart." Dara said, massaging her hurt ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter