Chapter 6

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV


The following day…


“Good morning, Dara.”


I slowly open my eyes as I welcome another day. I feel much relieved after talking to Jiyong last night.


 “Chaerin!” I called out then run towards her to hug her. I don’t even mind if my hair is a mess or if I have dry saliva on the corners of my mouth. I missed this girl. She’s been keeping me company for the past few weeks or so. I’ve grown to like her. I’ve been comfortable being with her around. I feel like she’ll be my savior anytime I need her just like Bom.


“Missed me?” she chuckled in between our hugs.


“A little bit.” I admitted while giggling.


“But we’re just been apart for a day or two.” She reasoned out.


“I missed your fashion expertise.” Yes, she’s been teaching me basic things about fashion, because she said I must look my best at all times. I asked her if who’s with her, she said that it is only her and Seungri who came back because the others are not yet done with their own business there.


“Come on, let’s go to my room. You need to get ready. We’ll have our lunch together.”


Lunch? I checked the clock. I guess I really had a good night sleep last night.


“Oh, and I’ll show you some gifts from my fashion designer friends. I can’t wear them all, so I’ll let you have some of them.”


Of course she has fashion designer friends, but why give some to me? I can’t say no. This is Chaerin. Nobody can’t say no when it comes to her.


She dragged me out of the room, without even letting me fix myself. As she open the door, the door opposite my door opened, too.

 

Chaerin’s POV


“Oh, Jiyong! Good morning!” I greeted him. He looks like he’s fresh from shower.


He nods as a response. He walks pass me then towards Dara. Dara kept her head low then looked up to him as she felt Jiyong already in front of her. They’re inches apart now.


“Good morning, Dara.” He said then leaned down as he kisses her cheek.


Dara blush with what Jiyong did but he seems oblivious about it.


“You’re going to your room?” Jiyong asked me. I blinked a couple of times before his question register into my mind. Dara and I were both dumbstruck.


“Y-yeah.” I answered recovering my voice.


“Make it fast. Grandpa will join us, and we have visitor.”


“O-okay.”


“See you later, Dara.” Jiyong said to Dara then smiled to her.


Good heavens, what is happening with this two? They aren’t like this when we’re still in New York. Did something happen while we’re away? But for one day? What miracle will happen for one day? Is he sick? Jiyong isn’t like this. I have to observe him, but for now I need to get Dara ready for our lunch.


Dara’s POV


I sat quietly as Chaerin fixes herself inside the bathroom. She decided that I should wear a yellow cocktail dress, because she said today is a wonderful day. She also put some mascara on my eyes so my eyes will look more attractive. I just let her do what she thinks will fit me. I’m currently in my not-so-interested-on-how-should-I-look-because-Jiyong kissed-me-on-my-cheeks mood. I stare blankly at nothing in particular.


He made me more confuse, more confuse on why I feel lonely on leaving him; more confuse on why I feel something odd when I shake hands with him last night; more confuse on why he kissed me on the cheek whereas during our wedding, we didn’t do that.


“Chaerin, I’ll just go out for a moment.” I called to Chaerin, she’s inside her walk-in closet now.


“Sure, go straight to the dining hall. Okay?”


“Okay!”


I need some air. I need to calm my nerves, my nerves which erupted earlier because of Jiyong’s sudden act. I sat on the bench in the garden and close my eyes.


“Oh, Ms. Strawberry !”


My eyes fluttered open as soon as the word was mentioned. A tall man was standing in front of me. I immediately stood up upon recognizing the person in front of me.


“You?! What are you doing here?” I asked disbelievingly. Why is this man here?


“You,” he points, “what are you doing here, Ms. Strawberry ? Are you giving away condoms here, too? Can I have another one?”


“Will you stop calling me like that?!” I’m extremely annoyed with him.


“What? Strawberry ?”

“Stop it! They might hear you!” I warned as I darted my eyes around, afraid that some maids might hear him.


“Who will hear me, Ms. Strawberry ?”


“Kyaaaaaah! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!” I shrieked.


“Young lady, are you okay?” Mr. Kim, Grandpa’s secretary ran towards us.


“Young mas—“


“Dad!” the man hugged Mr. Kim, taking him by surprise. Dad? He’s Secretary Kim’s son?


“Young—“


“Yeah, I missed you too, Dad.”


Why do I feel that he’s hiding something? I look both of them quizzically.


“Would you like to introduce your son to this beautiful young lady over here?” he pointed to me.


He said I’m beautiful. My cheeks heat up. I’m not used to hear compliments from people I don’t know.


Mr. Kim cleared his throat.


“Young Lady, this is Kim Jaejoong. He’s—“


Jaejoong. Jaejoong. Jaejoong. I chanted his name. I know I’ve met him before, but his name sounds familiar too. Something I’ve already heard before.


“I’m his son.” He cut him off again. Secretary Kim looked at him confusedly then sighed.


“And this is Miss Kwon Sandara. She is Kwon Jiyong’s wife.”


I looked at his expression. His mouth formed an ‘O’ as Secretary Kim mentioned that I’m Jiyong’s ‘wife’ as if he watches a magic show in front of him. Suddenly, his phone rang. He excused himself to take the call. A moment later, Mr. Kim excused himself as well.


I looked at Jaejoong. He’s still on his phone so I took the opportunity to examine him. In fairness, he’s very good-looking. I think all that I’ve been looking for a man is in him. He is dressed very stylish, just like Jiyong, Chaerin and the rest. I can also feel that every girl he meets falls for him. He’s a total package. Well, let’s say he’s tall, handsome and y as hell.


But Jiyong is more handsome and hotter than hell. My subconscious beamed at me. I shook my head as I try to shove those thoughts away. Damn, I’m thinking about him the whole morning. Why is this happening to me? Is it because of the kiss? I was brought back to Earth when I heard Chaerin’s voice.
“Dara! Where have you been? Lunch is about to—“ She walks towards me and Jaejoong with Seungri trailing behind her


“Jaejoong?” “Hyung?” Chaerin and Seungri asked in unison.


“Hey. What’s up?” Jaejoong coolly greeted them.


“Hyung, it’s been a long time! We missed you.” They both do some handshake with a tap at each other’s back.


“You missed me? What, you’re gay now?” Jaejoong teased Seungri earning him a slight punch in his arm. “Whoah, Chaerin. As ever, you look dazzling.” He kissed her in both cheeks.


“Yah! You didn’t contact me after the fashion show last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter