Chapter 7

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin’s POV

“Ugh, that crazy ert. He’s annoying the out of me.” I muttered in annoyance as I walk back to my room. I check the time to see if I can still go through my ‘wardrobe of the week’. I still have 2 hours before dinner. It seems like we enjoyed Jaejoong’s company. Well, he was gone quite long this time. I’m glad he’ll stay for good. It’ll be more fun to have him around, plus we have Dara included in the gang now. Speaking of, what takes Dara so long with Jiyong? I head towards my bedroom, surprised to hear soft cries inside. I opened the door.

“Dara?”

She looked up to me then sat up straight.

“God, Dara. Why are you crying?” I panicked. It’s my first time seeing her crying like this. Her nose and cheeks are pink and her eyes are puffy.

“I’m sorry. I get in here without permission.” She apologized in between her sobs.

“Dara…” I sat beside her.

“Chaerin!” She leaped on me, taking me by surprise. “I’m so sorry to intrude your room. It’s just that… it’s just that…” she wasn’t able to continue what she’s saying. She just continued crying while hugging me. I hugged her back.

“Dara, please tell me what’s bothering you. You’re not feeling okay? Did something happen?” I asked her while her back. “Did Jiyong bully you?” I continued. Her cries become louder this time. “So it’s Jiyong? That jerk, what did he do? Tell me, Dara, so I’ll beat the hell out of him later.” I muttered. Earlier today he’s all sweet to her, and then here comes Dara crying. How can he make a girl cry like this?

 



Dara’s POV

“Dara, please tell me what’s bothering you. You’re not feeling okay? Did something happen?” Chaerin ask me. “Did Jiyong bully you?” she asked again. I cried out more by the mention of Jiyong’s name. I remembered again what happened earlier. “That jerk, what did he do? Tell me, Dara, so I’ll beat the hell out of him later.” She muttered.

Oh, no.

“No. ” I immediately pulled myself from our hug while shaking my head. “Jiyong didn’t do anything to me.” I lied, but tears are still streaming down my cheeks.

“Then why are you crying like that?” she asked, worry visible in her tone.

“I miss my eomma and my younger brother.” I reasoned. Please let that be a good reason.

“Oh, Dara! Is that why you’re crying like that? You should’ve just told me. Stop crying now. By the time I get back, you shouldn’t be crying anymore. Understood?” she warned.

What is she saying I should’ve told her that? She walked outside her room then went back carrying a glass of water and a slice of chocolate cake.

“Here. Drink this first. Then eat this.” She instructed. I looked at her confusedly.

“Don’t you trust me?” she asked.

“I do.”

“Then do as you’re told.” She said as she went outside of the room again.

I ate the slice of cake she brought me. I don’t know, but I felt good after eating.

Moments later…

Chaerin went back inside her bedroom while talking to someone over the phone.

“Okay. Chaerin noona needs to go now… Yes, here’s your noona.” She said as I then hand me her phone. Noona?

I looked at her for a moment, not understanding what she’s saying, but she just smiled at me. I think I get it now. I get the phone from her.

“Hello?”

“Noona?” a voice of a young boy answered.

“Cheondoong!”

“Hi, noona!”

“Oh, God. I missed you so much.” I said, trying not to burst in tears again.

“Noona, did you cry?”

“No. Why would I cry?” I fight the urge not to cry, but my tears betrayed me.

“Because we left you there? We did not let you join our vacation.”

Cheondoong didn’t know that I am already married. He thinks that they’re on vacation, while I’m working. He doesn’t also know that our mother had undergone an operation.

“Eomma is still sleeping, noona. Teacher Gummy said if I study well and pray really hard, eomma will wake up sooner.”

“Yes. She will. Oh, and be a good boy. Don’t be naughty while noona is away. Understood?”

“Yes, noona.” He giggled. Oh, I miss this kid.

“That’s my brother. Look after eomma, okay? I have to go now. Noona needs beauty rest.”

He laughed. “I missed you, noona. Fighting!” he said then hung up.

 



Chaerin’s POV

“Thank you for calling my brother. I feel much better now.”

“Yeah, you should. Now, let’s go downstairs and eat dinner.”

“Can we just… eat here in your room? I don’t want them to see me like this.” Dara said as she points her puffy eyes.

I laugh. She looks shy and cute at the same time. “Sure. I’ll call some maids to bring us food.”

“Wait… can I… uhm, sleep here tonight?” she asked me.

“Don’t you like your new room?” I asked.

“No. It’s not that I don’t like there. I just want to spend some time with you. Oh, and can we go out tomorrow like for the whole day? Take me somewhere. Anywhere you want.” She said then smiled, but it doesn’t reach her eyes. I looked at her for a moment. It’s not that I don’t want to be with her. I just feel like something is bothering her. Not just her missing her family, but something more, something she’s not yet ready to share.

“Oh, okay. You know how much I love spending time with you. I’ll take you somewhere I know.”

 



Dara’s POV

“Thanks for bringing me to your modeling school and for introducing me to your cousins. I really had a great time, especially with Soo Hyuk and Jong Suk oppa.” I thanked Chaerin as we get inside the mansion.

It’s already 9 in the evening when we got home. She and her cousins toured me inside her modeling school where I saw how models were taught, like how to properly bring themselves each time they walk on a runway and many more. They also taught me how to walk like one. At first, I was shy since I’m a first timer, but I began to enjoy it as they show me how to do it properly. How I wish I could go back there again.

“I believe they enjoyed it, as well. Next time, we can do a photo shoot in their studio. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to have us as their models.” She said. Her eyes were bright with ideas.

“Really? I can’t wait for that to happen!” I chirped as I jump of excitement.

“Good evening, young lady, Ms. Chaerin.” The maid greeted. “Do you wish to have dinner now?”

“Where’s everyone?”

“Young master Jiyong is in a company party of one of their investors, while Young master Seungri said he’ll visit young master Jaejoong.” The maid briefly explained.

Oh, so Jiyong isn’t home yet. He already left ahead of us when we had our breakfast this morning. I haven’t seen him since that incident.

“Oh, okay. You hungry?” Chaerin turned to me.

“No. I just want to rest. Besides, we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter