Chapter 4

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV

            It’s been a week since I was brought here, found out the truth behind my father’s death and agreed upon marrying this man seated beside me.

            He stared at me coldly which sent shivers through my nerves. I think he’s kind, if not to his cold attitude. He doesn’t even greet me a while ago. Well, maybe because it was just our first meeting and he don’t usually talk to strangers. I just have to endure this. It’s for my father. He wants this and I believe it’s because he knows it’s for my best. Aside from that, I promised to marry him because I ask for Mr. Kwon’s favor, which is to help my family. I think it is fair enough. I felt my chest tightened with the thought of it. Everything I do is for my family. I don’t care what will happen to me, as long as they’re okay.

            Both of us stayed quiet as Mr. Kwon continued to discuss what will happen to the both of us. I tried looking at him at the sides of my eyes, but it just won’t help. I’m bothered by the way he looks at me. It’s as if I’ve done something wrong. Is he mad because I agreed on marrying him? Well, I’m not sure. I really don’t know what’s running in his mind. I can’t even take 2 seconds of looking at him.

            Despite Mr. Kwon’s explanation, I can’t comprehend even a thing of what he’s saying. All I know is that we’ll marry each other, live in another mansion, study first, won’t be in one room after 2 years… but aside from that, I don’t know anymore. Since Mr. Kwon began explaining about business, I lost my appetite of listening. I don’t even understand this ‘shares’, ‘stocks’… I don’t have any interests to their riches. All I want is for my family to be okay.

 

Dara’s POV

Mr. Kwon finished explaining after almost two hours. Jiyong immediately stormed out of the room after his Grandpa allowed us. I remained for a moment inside Mr. Kwon’s office; for he said he wants to say something to me.

“Dara…” Mr. Kwon started.

“Yes, Mr. Kwon?” I asked, oblivious to what he’s going to say.

“Sorry if Jiyong treats you coldly. He’s really like that, but he’s kind and fun to be with. Maybe because it’s just your first meeting… please try to understand him.” he apologized.

“Its okay, Mr. Kwon. I understand.” I said then give him a reassuring smile.

            I immediately went out his office. I don’t know where to go, maybe talk to Seungri again and listen to his jokes. Seungri is my new friend in this mansion. He’s Jiyong’s cousin and he’s here for a visit. Mr. Kwon invited him with their other cousins for the upcoming wedding. But he’s the first one who arrived, so I end up befriending him. Well, he’s sincere and nice. It’s just that sometimes, he has green jokes. He became my close friend, since Bom wasn’t allowed to stay here. I told him everything, of what happen and of my situation. He also tells me story about Jiyong, whom I got the chance to meet earlier and whom I’ll be marrying few days from now. I was busy making my way to the garden when someone grabbed me by the arm. I look back to see who it was. To my surprise, it was Jiyong.

 

Jiyong dragged her in one of the guests’ room inside their mansion. He wants to talk to her where no one could hear nor see them. She tried to free herself from his grip but failed. He eventually let go of her as soon as he closed the door. He stared at her, examining every part of her face then her body. He admits to himself that she has beauty in her, if not to her bruises and scratches.

“W-What are you doing?” she asked him, still confuse why he’s acting weird.

They stand too close to each other at the back of the now closed door. Too close that she can even inhale his scent. She felt her cheeks heat up to her sudden realization. She tried pushing him, but that didn’t help her. He pinned her on the door.

“I’m not yet done.” He simply said as he tightened his grip on her.

“Hmm, you’re simple, but not ugly.” He said out of nowhere.

She looked up to him as she heard him. She then got the chance to examine his face.

He’s also handsome. He looks so formal and everything. Is he an idol? Well, he can be one. She thought. She was immediately brought back to reality when he heard him spoke again.

“If not just to your bruises and scratches… wait, where did you get that? Do you always get into fights? When you became part of our family, getting into fights is a big no-no.” he said while looking down at her. She looked away.

No, I didn’t have these bruises because of I get into fights. She was about to say this, but he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter