Chapter 10

A Lifetime Contract with Kwon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ Chapter 10 ]

 

“Wear this. They must not find out who we are.” Jaejoong said as he handed me a plain white shirt, eyeglasses and a cap.

 

“What’s this for?”

 

“Costume.” He briefly said then took off his uniform. I immediately covered my innocent eyes, afraid to what I might see.

 

“W-what are you doing?” I asked hysterically.

 

“Uhm… changing clothes?” He said with so much sarcasm in his voice. I kept my eyes covered using the palms of my hands until he finishes.

 

“You may look now.” He announced.

 

I removed my hands off my eyes then looked at him. To my surprise, he still hadn’t put on his shirt.

 

“KIM JAEJOONG!”

 

A burst of laughter escaped his mouth, while I cursed him for playing his pranks on me.

 

God of Patience, bless me while I’m with this guy.

 

When he recovered himself from almost dying of laughter, he told me where I can change my clothes.

 

“Down the hall then turn left. Girl’s washroom is there.”

 

 Dara's POV

 

“This is how we’re going to seal our friendship?” I eyed Jaejoong as soon as I stepped out of his car.

 

“I’m awesome, right?” He proudly said then went to the back of his car.

 

Apparently, we’re in the parking lot outside an amusement park. I admire the view of the grandiose Ferris wheel from where I am standing. Blinking lights fascinated and entertained my eyes, both at the same time. I think I can stay here all night just admiring it from afar.

 

“Wanna ride that?” Jaejoong interrupted.

 

“I want to, but I can’t.” I answered without taking my eyes off the view. The lights were like stars in the night sky. They complement each other. Without the darkness, the stars won’t shine. Without the stars, the darkness is just the darkness no one dared to explore. I don’t know but the view makes me think of Jiyong.

 

“Why not? We can ride that. My treat.” Jaejoong persuaded.

 

“I really can’t ride that. I’m afraid of heights. I get sick whenever I go to high places, especially if it’s moving.”

 

“Too bad. That is where I plan to do my friendship ceremony.” I turn to stare at him upon hearing his voice with a tinge of sadness.

 

“Sorry to disappoint you.” I apologized. He’s been too excited about this ‘sealing the friendship with a ceremony’ thing the moment we left our school, but he ended up disappointed because what he is expecting didn’t happen. I kinda feel him… just like what had happen to me with Jiyong earlier today. I virtually slap myself for always thinking of him. Ugh, I hate over thinking about someone.

 

 

“No big thing. I can always think of something new.” He winked then dragged me inside the amusement park.

 

“I talked to Jaejoong when I met him in Paris almost two weeks ago.” Kiko told him.

 

“What?” Jiyong’s voice rose. “Why are you telling me this just now?”

 

Jiyong sat inside his office in their mansion, talking to Kiko over his phone. This is their usual routine whenever they have time, so they would always be updated to what’s happening in their lives.

 

“Because there’s no reason to make a big fuss about it.” Kiko said as calmly as she can.

 

“Of course, there is! Dammit!” Jiyong shouted over the phone. “He’s not just another man related to us, Kiko! He’s my cousin and you had a relationship with him before. There are a lot of reasons to make a big fuss about it!”

 

“Not unless we did something wrong. We just talked, Jiyong! Aren’t you going to ask me what we have talked about?” Kiko answered back losing her patience.

 

Jiyong sighed trying to calm himself.

 

“What did he say?” He managed to say after a short while.

 

“He said that we should all move on and forget what had happen before.” Kiko briefly explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter