Chapter 10

Love in the Ice

 *The next morning*

Sonia woke up to the morning sunlight shining through the curtains. She sat up in bed and stretched her arms before letting out a yawn. Last night, she went straight to bed after coming home from the party with Jaejoong. His words still lingering in her mind, she made sure she fell asleep before Jaejoong had the opportunity to try anything. But how will she continue avoiding him like that?...A perfect example is this morning.

Sonia stood up from bed and made her way to the closet, taking out her clothes for the day and placing it on the bed, when she heard the bathroom door open. She turned around and her jaw dropped at the sight before her.

There stood Jaejoong, in just a towel; fresh from the shower…She was married to an absolute God. Her jaw dropped further at his glistening chest before she met his amused look.

When Jaejoong stepped towards her, she took a step back. He smirked at her reaction and took another step towards her…and another…and another…until he saw her bump the table next to their bed. He didn’t stop until he was merely an inch away from her, caging her in between his body and the table. He was so close that he could hear her heavy breathing.

Sonia tried to look at anything else but Jaejoong. He was so close that she could smell his morning shower. She saw a droplet of water trail down his chiseled chest and she gulped hard, but she still refused to look into his eyes.

Sonia’s heart beat skyrocketed, however, when Jaejoong leaned in. She turned her head to the side in an attempt to avoid his lips, but Jaejoong simply stood there…not even attempting to kiss her, his lips barely grazing her cheek.  

Sonia then felt Jaejoong reach behind her and gave a surprised look when she saw him take his watch from the table behind her. Jaejoong then stepped back and gave Sonia an innocent look, as if getting his watch was the only thing on his mind.  

She huffed out an angry breath and stomped her way to the bathroom. Once the door closed, Jaejoong let out a soft chuckle and started getting dressed for work.

On the other hand, Sonia leaned against the bathroom door and placed a hand on her speeding heart in an attempt to calm it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Later that evening, Sonia waited for Jaejoong, dressed in semi-formal attire. She flipped open her cell phone once again, making sure she read the text message correctly sent to her by Jaejoong earlier that day.

It read:

Yunho and his girlfriend invited us to dinner tonight. Be ready by 6 pm. <3

-Jaejoong

She read the text several times, still trying to let it sink in. Dinner at Yunho’s…with Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s harsh words from that night played back in her mind. Having dinner with Yunho seemed like a bad idea after what Jaejoong thought of her relationship with him. It’s not only weird, but its way out character of Jaejoong as well.

They rarely went to dinner as a couple to a friend’s house. They only had to put on the act of husband and wife at social and business events, where the media was present. But other than that, Jaejoong avoided spending time with Sonia at all cost. They always made an excuse when invited to a friend’s house…Youngjae was sick…there was too much work…it was always something or the other. Jaejoong’s new attitude towards her is something she wasn’t familiar with…and she didn’t know what to expect.

Sonia was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard the honk of a car outside. That was her cue. She took a deep breath and headed out to Jaejoong waiting in his car.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Dinner with Yunho and his girlfriend was going rather smoothly, much to Sonia’s surprise. She was expecting the worst on the drive here. She was sure it would be awkward considering how Jaejoong accused her and Yunho of having a ual relationship. But Jaejoong was rather comfortable throughout the dinner. Yunho’s girlfriend was a complete sweetheart, and Jaejoong chatted with Yunho as if they were long lost friends.

But what stuck out to Sonia the most from the dinner was Jaejoong’s laugh. And she had to admit, it was a treat to see Jaejoong laugh like that again. His dimpled smile seemed to light up his already handsome face. It had been so very long since Sonia saw Jaejoong laugh from the heart. She saw him truly enjoying himself after all these years.

“Sonia, be a darling and pass the bread will you?” Yunho asked.

Sonia was about to lift her right hand to the bread basket when she felt Jaejoong grab her wrist under the table. She glared at him only to be met with an innocent look as Jaejoong pretended to concentrate on his food. She twisted her hand to loosen his hold, but to no avail.

When Sonia noticed Yunho waiting and giving her curious look, she smiled and passed him the bread basket with her left hand. She then tried to twist her hand again, but Jaejoong only tightened his hold. And when she glared at him again he simply scooped up more food to cover his naughty smirk.

After a few more attempts, Sonia finally gave up and let Jaejoong hold her hand for the rest of dinner, with him occasionally the inside of her wrist with his thumb.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they entered their bedroom, Sonia went straight to the dressing table to take off her jewelry. She completely ignored Jaejoong and reached behind her neck to unhook her chain. However, she felt Jaejoong’s gaze on her and that prevented her from successfully unhooking her chain. Neither said anything and she continued to fumble with the hook until finally she felt Jaejoong reach for it.

Their eyes met on the mirror as Jaejoong easily unhooked the chain and removed it from Sonia’s neck. He didn’t move back, however. He stayed right behind her and gazed intently at her through the mirror. He then placed his hands on her arms, lowered his head, and placed a soft kiss on the back of her neck.

Sonia closed her eyes as she slowly fell under his spell. She couldn’t seem to move. The gentle press of his lips shot warmth throughout her body. She clenched her hands into fists in an attempt to fight this sensation, but she felt herself slowly losing control when he placed another gentle kiss on her bare shoulder.

The cry from the baby monitor startled both of them. Jaejoong’s hold on Sonia loosened and she took this opportunity to jerk away from him. She rushed out of the room before Jaejoong managed to utter a single word.

Jaejoong watched Sonia’s retreating back and heaved a heavy sigh. He then rubbed his chest in an attempt to ease the ache he felt.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonia picked up a crying Youngjae and soothed him. She tried to calm herself as well as her son, but the press of Jaejoong’s lips left a tingling sensation on her neck. She still felt the warmth from it and Sonia held her son closer for comfort.

“For the longest time I wished for your father’s love, but his cold behavior always scared me…” Sonia murmured as she rocked a drowsy Youngjae.

“…But now I feel terrified. He’s slowly melting the ice…and I’m so very terrified…” she softly admitted as Youngjae finally closed his eyes and drifted off to dreamland once again.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope u enjoyed it!