chapter 1

Love in the Ice

 “Designer Jason Choi’s most anticipated fashion show till date is finally here. But what the talk of the town is the launch of the new face of Panache through this fashion show. Jessica Jung was a struggling model until she impressed Kim Jaejoong in her last ramp walk. That’s right, CEO of Panache, Mr. Kim Jaejoong gave Ms. Jung her break and now she is the show stopper for Jason Choi’s show tonight. Let’s see if she can take the fashion world by storm like Mrs. Sonia Kim once did before she got married. This is Kara Shim, Fashion News.”

Sonia watched the news reporter end her little broadcast as she sat next to her husband, waiting for the show to begin. The reporter’s words rang in her ears… “Let’s see if she can take the fashion world by storm like Mrs. Sonia Kim once did before she got married.”

 Sonia sighed as she remembered her modeling days…she missed in dearly. The chaos backstage, the process of getting ready, trying on different outfits...but what she missed most was the ramp. The rush of stepping on it as the cameras flashed away, capturing her every move. The sway of her hips as she reached the end of the ramp and posed. The thrill of being the show stopper. She missed everything. If only…if only she’s been more careful two years ago…then maybe she still would have been a top model today.

Sonia turned to look at her husband, who was busy chatting with his dear friend and Panache’s manager, Kim Junsu. Her husband…Kim Jaejoong…the most handsome man she has ever met. His piercing gray eyes, smooth skin, dark brown hair that fell over his eyes, and a dimple adding a boyish charm to cold looks. Is it any wonder she was enchanted by him when she first met him? And now…he was her husband. Sonia sighed again and closed her haunted eyes.

“Will you at least pretend to be happy to be here.” Jaejoong harshly whispered in Sonia’s ear as he heard her sigh a second time. When Sonia opened her eyes to look at him, he grabbed her hand and held on to it as the show began. To everybody else, the gesture looked sweet, a husband caressing his wife’s hand. But only Sonia felt the death grip of his strong hands, and the chills it sent down her spine. She tried to ignore the pain and concentrate on the show as Jessica Jung walked in wearing the show-stopping gown, kicking off the show. Sonia looked on with unhappiness…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonia came out of the shower to an empty bedroom. She wasn’t surprised. Jaejoong rarely talked to her or tell her where he is. They came back from the fashion show about an hour ago when Sonia decided to take a shower. Jaejoong was in the room when she went into the bathroom, however he wasn’t there now. Sonia tried not to be disappointed.

 ‘Stupid girl.’ She scolded herself. Jaejoong never tells her anything, then why should it be any different now.

‘Stupid girl for hoping that he might change…that he might actually start caring…actually start loving you back….’. That’s correct…she loved him. Despite his hatred towards her, she still loved him. She loved him then…and she still loved him now. Sonia’s thoughts were interrupted when she heard the sound of crying through the baby monitor. She quickly rushed to the nursery and warmth filled her heart as she took her 1 year old baby boy into her embrace.

“Sshhhh…it’s ok sweetie…mommy’s here.” Sonia whispered as she gently patted Younjae’s back. His wails became into soft whimpers until he finally fell asleep again in his mother’s arms. He was the picture of Jaejoong, but he had his mother’s soft brown eyes.

Once Sonia put Youngjae back into his crib, she went back to her and Jaejoong’s bedroom and got ready for bed. She sat in front of the mirror combing her hair. She had jet black hair that fell in soft curls around her mid-back, almond shaped brown eyes, porcelain skin, and a killer body even after giving birth. Is it any wonder she was the most successful model of Panache?

But that was before she became pregnant. Clause 27 of the Panache contract…a model cannot get pregnant when she is a Panache model. She broke that rule…and she broke it with none other than the boss…Kim Jaejoong.

She finished brushing her hair and got into her side of the bed, book in hand, to get some reading done while she waited for Jaejoong. Even thought it irritates him that she waits for him…she can’t help it. However, as soon as her head hit the pillow sleep over took her…she didn’t realize how tired she was. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there goes the first chapter! hope you like it...