chapter 2

Love in the Ice

 

Jaejoong quietly slipped off the bed to not disturb a sleeping Jessica. She had a busy day today with her launch as the new face of Panache. He dressed himself in the dark and quietly slipped out from his current mistresses’ apartment.

He dreaded going home, but he had an early day tomorrow at work…But damn...he dreaded going home…because SHE was home. Oh how he hated her. She took away his freedom. She tricked him!

He should have been more careful two years ago. He should have known that the drink was drugged. He was foolish to celebrate the success of yet another fashion show with her. They partied with the rest of the team after the show, then how did he end up alone with her that night? It was all a big blur to him…all he knew was that they slept together that night…and nine months later Youngjae was born.

A smile formed on his lips with the thought of his son. No matter how much he despised the mother, he couldn’t help but love his son. Being the responsible man that he was, and to avoid a scandal, he married Sonia when he found out she was pregnant. And he has hated her since.

Kim Jaejoong never wanted to get married. He hated the whole idea of it. The nasty divorce his parents went through when he was younger was still fresh in his mind. He was a successful man who ruled the fashion world with his company. Panache is known to have launched the best models to date…and have the best designers working for it. He loved his freedom, his lifestyle, his many lovers…all of that gone with one mistake.  

He still remembers when he signed Sonia as the new face of Panache. She truly was the best. The confidence she portrayed on the ramp out shone all the other models. And her catwalk always upped the temperature of the room by ten degrees. Everything was going great until that one night…that night ruined everything. Oh how he hated her…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

 He stepped into the room, expecting Sonia to be waiting, but he found her sound asleep. Of course she would be, it was 3 am at night. Surprisingly, he felt irritation rise in him that she didn’t wait for him, but quickly brushed that feeling off as irritation for having to spend another night with her took over.

As he changed into his pj pants and took off his shirt, he caught a glimpse of Sonia’s face in the moonlight. She has become even more beautiful than she was before. She could still be a model today if she wanted, and she would take the fashion world by storm once again.

Jaejoong caught himself admiring her beauty and mentally slapped himself. He then got into his side of the bed, as far away from Sonia as possible, and drifted off to sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Junsu, make sure we get that meeting set up with the delegates from New York. I don’t care how you do it but I want it done within this week.” Jaejoong spoke into his cell phone as he got ready for work. He walked into his closet to get his shoes, while he listened to Junsu and tied his tie at the same time.

“By the way, how are things going with Sandara Park? Has she been giving any trouble at the photo shoots or shows?” Jaejoong asked about one of Panache’s models who recently has been misbehaving and having ridiculous demands while working.

Sonia’s ears irked up at the mention of Sandara Park. She was Sonia’s biggest rival when she was still modeling. Sandara always wanted to be the face of Panache, but lost to Sonia when she entered the fashion world. Sonia pretended to comb her hair as she watched Jaejoong roam around the room getting ready. 

Jaejoong fixed his cufflinks as he listened to Junsu on the other line. “Ok give her a final warning. If she misbehaves again then terminate her contract.” Jaejoong said before hanging up. He made his way to the bedroom door before Sonia called out to him.

“Wait!” Sonia said.

Jaejoong turned around irritated. “Don’t you ever call out to me when I’m leaving for work, understood?” Jaejoong said in an icy cold tone while he glared at her.

“I….I’m sorry…but…bu..” Sonia stammered.

“What!? I don’t have all day” Jaejoong spat at her. He crossed his arms in impatience as he waited for Sonia to say something. Jaejoong’s eyes then slightly widened in surprise when Sonia walked up to him instead.

She kept her eyes downcast as she made her way to Jaejoong, and silently, she lifted her hands to his crooked tie and fixed it.          

“Your tie…it was crooked.” Sonia softly whispered, keeping her gaze lowered in fear of making eye contact with Jaejoong.

Jaejoong didn’t move a muscle. He wanted to say something nasty to her…something rude…something insulting like he usually does. But for some reason, he remained silent…he only watched her. When she moved back Jaejoong quickly turned around and left for work.

Sonia watched Jaejoong’s retreating back and mentally hit herself for what she just did. ‘Stupid…why did you have to do that. Why couldn’t you just tell him that his tie was crooked? Why did you have to go and fix it yourself’, she silently scolded herself and went into the bathroom to get ready.

But no matter how many times she scolded herself…she knew the reason behind her action. She needed to be close to him…even if it was just for a second…she needed it…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Junsu watched his boss and oldest friend scold an employee. Poor guy was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Junsu noticed Jaejoong come into work with a bad mood. And the first line of fire was directed to this employee who approached Jaejoong at the wrong time.

Junsu waited until the man left with his head bowed before he spoke, “What crawled up your ?”

Jaejoong shot a death glare at Junsu. Unaffected, Junsu patiently waited. The two handsome men stared at each other for a few seconds until Jaejoong sighed and rubbed a hand over his face.

“Nothing…” Jaejoong lied, “I’ve just been a little stressed lately.”

In truth, Jaejoong has been in a bad mood ever since the tie incident that morning. The whole ride to work, he cursed himself for his moment of weakness…and he cursed Sonia for coming close to him. In fact, he cursed Sonia in general and the day he met her.

*Flashback*

Jaejoong nursed his whiskey as he chatted with a few business associates at yet another party. He took a sip of his drink, liking the burn it sent down his throat, as he scanned the people in the room. Designers, some who worked for him…models…reporters…fashion magazine editors…he saw a lot of familiar faces until his eyes landed on a lonely soul.

She was standing at the corner looking a little out of place. Normally, Jaejoong wouldn’t care. He would continue on with his conversation with his associates…normally.

He made his way to the beautiful girl. Her brown, innocent eyes widened when she noticed him approaching her.

“Hi…I’m Kim Jaejoong.” Jaejoong said while extending his hand.

“Of…ofcourse…who doesn’t know you…” the girl stammered, placing her hand in Jaejoong’s extended one for a handshake. Much to her surprise though, he didn’t shake her hand…he brought it to his lips and placed a light kiss on the back.

“What’s your name?” Jaejoong asked as he let go of her hand.

“Sonia…..Sonia Park.” Sonia softly answered, still a little dazed from the kiss.

“Pleasure to meet you Sonia. So you don’t know anyone here?” Jaejoong questioned.

“Actually I came with a friend. I’m trying to gain contacts since I’m new to the modeling business.” Sonia answered.

“Oh so you want to become a model?” Jaejoong asked, interested.

“No…” she answered, “I want to become a super model.” She added, her eyes twinkling with confidence.

Jaejoong smiled, impressed with her answer. He will definitely keep an eye out for her on the ramp.

*Flashback End*

“Jaejoong….Jaejoong are you even listening to me?” Junsu asked bringing Jaejoong back from his thoughts.

“Huh….?” Jaejoong asked, realizing that he didn’t hear a word Junsu said to him.

“I asked…if you started planning the party for Sonia’s birthday? You know everyone is talking about it.” Junsu asked.

Jaejoong sighed, completely forgetting about it. Since Sonia was his wife the fashion industry expected a lavish party in honor for her birthday.

“Yea…Sonia has it all covered.” Jaejoong lied again. He hated lying to his closest friend, but he didn’t want anyone to know about the current situation in his married life. The phone in Jaejoong’s cabin rang, ending their little break as they got back to work.