Chapter 7

Love in the Ice

 Jaejoong woke up with a massive hangover the next morning. He squinted against the sunlight and pressed two fingers on his forehead to ease the pain. His eyes then shot open…memories from last night flashing back.

“Oh no…what have I done….” Jaejoong murmured to himself, rubbing a hand over his tired face.

“Wow you look like .” Jaejoong turned to the voice and saw Junsu walking in with lime juice and some Advil.

“Here…it’ll help with the hangover.” Junsu said handing Jaejoong the juice and pills. He was woken up late last night by a drunk Jaejoong banging on his front door. He doesn’t know what happened…and he won’t pry. Jaejoong will tell him when he is ready.

Jaejoong stayed silent, lost in his thoughts as he took the pills. He then swung his legs over the bed and covered his face with his hands, feeling like crap. He couldn’t get Sonia’s pleas out of his mind...

“Oh I wanted to ask you something…Last night I took a drunken Sandara home…and she said some things…” Junsu said, trailing off…

Jaejoong could care less about Sandara, but he still gave Junsu a curious look, waiting for him to continue.

“She was mumbling something about ending Sonia’s career…drugging her drink and some other things…” Junsu added.

“What…?” Jaejoong asked, his full attention now on Junsu.

“Yea…apparently she was mumbling something about drugging Sonia’s drink…her getting pregnant…and how she hates her and stuff for taking her spotlight as a model.” Junsu finished explaining.

Jaejoong sat frozen, Junsu’s words slowly sinking in. ‘oh my God…It was Sandara who drugged Sonia’s drink that night…Sonia had no idea…and this whole time I thought Sonia was behind it…the drink was meant for Sonia…not me…’ Jaejoong’s heart sank as he processed everything.  

“You alright?” Junsu asked a dazed Jaejoong. It was as if he saw a ghost.

“What have I done…?” Jaejoong murmured as he covered his face with his hands again, “What have I done…?”  

Junsu placed a hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder, a frown adorned his handsome face as he watched his best friend, “What’s going on Jaejoong?” he asked, sensing that something was seriously wrong.  

Jaejoong gave Junsu a miserable look and told him everything…what happened that fateful night…his relationship with Sonia…..how he acted towards her…what happened last night…everything….

Junsu stared at Jaejoong, completely shocked. Silence filled the room for a few seconds before the sound of fist meeting jaw was heard.

Jaejoong stumbled back because of the force Junsu’s punch created. He didn’t retaliate. He knew he deserved it.

“You idiot!” Junsu barked furiously.

“I know…I know…I’m a horrible person. I don’t deserve her…” Jaejoong murmured, not even trying to stand up.

“No ! You’re an idiot because you’re still here!” Junsu shouted.

A confused Jaejoong looked up. Junsu took a calming breath before continuing, “Go to her Jaejoong. She needs you more than ever right now. You need to fix this. You need to tell her that you love her.”

“Love her?” Jaejoong questioned.

Junsu nodded, “Yes…You can be so dense sometimes Jaejoong. You are madly in love with her…why else do you think you got jealous every time Sonia was with another man? Every time she was with Yunho? Why do you think you are so affected whenever you see her with Youngjae? You fell in love with her despite the conditions that brought you two together. You were just too stubborn to admit it.” Junsu concluded.

Jaejoong let Junsu’s words sink in. Deep down he knew he fell in love with Sonia, but he was always blinded by the past to acknowledge his feelings. He always came up with reasons to hate her. Not any more…

Jaejoong sprinted to the door, but stopped at the entrance. He turned back to see Junsu standing in the same spot. Jaejoong massaged his jaw before he said, “Damn Junsu…you throw a mean right punch…”

“And you got a face made of rock…” Junsu said flexing his aching right hand.

Both men grinned at each other before Jaejoong hastily continued towards his destination.  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong hurried inside his house, praying the whole way for Sonia to find it in herself to forgive him. He wanted to make up for lost time…he wanted to become a good husband and a better father.

Jaejoong frowned when he found the house empty. Panic started to rise as he scurried to the bedroom to find that empty as well. He ran to the closet to only find his clothes. He ran to the nursery to find the same result…empty.

Reality hit him as he sank down to the floor, tears starting to form in his eyes. The pain in his chest increased and became unbearable. This was his punishment. His family was gone…his love was gone…he was all alone…and it was his entire fault…