Interviews

The Ghost of the Twins

Interviews

The next morning, Jonghyun walked into the office like a zombie, he barely got any sleep because of the previous night’s events. He collapsed into his desk and groaned. Key was suffering the same symptoms. The two were practically zombies at their desks. Onew walked over to Jonghyun, “What in the world happened to you two last night?” he wondered. “You won’t believe me even if I told you.” Jonghyun mumbled. Onew rolled his eyes, “well I need everyone here today. I am holding interviews later today with some of the twin’s friends we might find something that we could use for evidence. I still want to know what happened last night at the station.” Jonghyun looked up at Onew and asked, “Do you believe in ghosts?” Onew arched a brow, “um, not especially why?” he wondered. “I think we saw a ghost at the station.” Onew rolled his eyes, “Very funny Jonghyun.” Key took his mug of coffee, “he’s not joking, I am not one to tell lies we did see a ghost last night. He was angry, like none other.” Onew was a little confused, but nodded, “alright whose ghost?” “Kwangmin’s I think.” This made Onew look at Jonghyun, “so why was he mad and who was he mad at?” Onew wondered. “I think he was mad at us for not being able to catch the people responsible for his brother’s death.” Key replied. Onew was confused, “but we’re helping him.” Jonghyun shrugs, “He says he wants revenge on the people who killed his brother in front of him and-“ Onew perked up “wait! What did you say?” Jonghyun looked at Onew blankly, “he said that he wants revenge on the people who killed his brother…right in front of….him…oh…was his accident a fraud?” Jonghyun wondered. “That doesn’t make sense though, the train station was shut down because of the accident, the accident was on the news and a police officer identified the body as Kwangmin how could the accident be a fraud?” Key said. “Then how could his brother die right in front of him?” Jonghyun wondered. Onew pondered before replying, “Maybe their friends would know something.” Jonghyun nodded and paged through his documents. “Hyung.” Taemin said. “I read in the autopsy from their parents that the brothers were very close with each other, but it also took them a little bit to trust people. So why don’t you visit their grave and maybe then Kwangmin will be a little calmer around you.” Jonghyun rubbed his temple, “Taemin this is a ghost we’re talking about here.” Taemin shrugged, “think about it, would you trust someone after watching your brother die? Probably not, so you need to gain their trust.” To any person that would make sense, but Jonghyun was still unsure.

 

Later that day, Minwoo, Donghyun, Jeongmin, and Hyunseong were making their way to the address that Onew gave Minwoo earlier that day. The group got to the office and walked in. Once in, they noticed how Minho and Taemin were busy looking over the case files. “Welcome, you are Minwoo I presume.” Onew said walking up to the younger boy and the group.” Minwoo smiled, “Yes, and you are Onew?” Minwoo asked. The older nodded “Please, come with me to my office, the detective handling the case and his partner are already there.” Onew led the group to his office where Jonghyun and Key were sitting. Onew allowed the group into his office and offered them to sit down on the couch. The group sat down on the couch, ready to answer any questions to help their deceased friends.

 

Onew sat down in front of the group with his laptop, “go ahead Jonghyun.” The detective smiled and said, “thank you for coming to the interview. Let’s begin. Tell me about the twins.” Minwoo leaned back and said, “What’s to tell, they were very friendly to others and they were always with each other.” Donghyun nodded and said, “They were also pretty shy, they wouldn’t really talk with people that they didn’t really know. However, they tried not to upset anyone.” Onew and Jonghyun nodded taking in the information. “Did they have any enemies at school? Were they subject to any bullying?” Key wondered. This time Jeongmin answered, “We never knew about any enemies or bullying so I would say no.” Onew finished taking his notes before asking, “What do you two know about family matters?” Hyunseong answered, “Well, their parents are owners of a new company that opened about three years ago, the parents are, rarely, home because of meetings and what not, but I’ve never heard them complain.” Onew found that interesting, “What else can you share with us?” He asked. Donghyun then chimed in, “their dad used to work for a different company, but that company was shut down due to lack of customers and clients.” Jonghyun found this even more interesting, “how along ago was this?” Donghyun thought about it before replying, “three years ago.” The detective nodded and asked, “Do you know who owned that company?” Donghyun shook his head, “No, the twins never talked about it.” Onew finished typing and closed his laptop. Key then looked at them and thanked them for their cooperation and led them out of the office and to the entrance.

 

Once the group left, Jonghyun looked at Onew and said, “Well, that answered nothing practically, they had no enemies so who would want to kill them?” Onew shrugged, “your guess is as good as mine.” Onew looked at Jonghyun and said, “Jonghyun, you know something, maybe that ghost you saw wants something.” Jonghyun arched his brow, “yeah, revenge.” Onew smiled, “exactly, so I think that ghost has answers, answers that we need. Do everything you can to get on that ghosts good side.” Jonghyun nodded, “alright, I’ll do my best.” Jonghyun left the office after saying, “you guys try and find any new information, I’ll be back tomorrow I’m off on a little mission.” Onew arched a brow, “you aren’t James Bond, Jonghyun just go and do what you need to.” Jonghyun pouted and muttered something under his breath that no one could hear nor understand.