Who is He?

The Ghost of the Twins

Who is He?

Jonghyun was driving to the Jo’s house, he had some questions that he wanted to ask them, and he wanted to pay his respects to the twins, he did promise the parents of course. Once he arrived, he parked his car on the curb and walked to the door. He took a breath and knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He knocked once more, but still there was no answer. He assumed that the parents were at work and he would have to talk to them later, so he went to his second target, the school that the twins attended. He wanted to talk to the teachers that the twins had, maybe the teachers saw or noticed something that the parents and the friends didn’t know about. He parked his car and walked up to the school; he stopped and noticed some construction equipment not in use. Any normal person would think that the construction equipment were left, by the construction workers that are working on the site, but this was a little suspicious, there were no signs that said there was construction in progress which made Jonghyun question the site. He quickly took out his phone and called Onew.

“What’s up Jonghyun?” Onew asked when he answered the phone.

“Onew I need you and Key to take a look at this construction site I found, there are no signs.” Jonghyun said.

“Alright, did you get to the cemetery?” Onew wondered.

“No, I’m at the school that the twins attended, I want to talk to their teachers.” Jonghyun said.

Onew sighed, “Ok, ok, we’ll be there soon but please go to the cemetery, Jonghyun. You already pissed off one twin you don’t want to upset the other one and you said you promised the parents too.”

Jonghyun rubbed his temples, “alright, alright, give me a few minutes and I’ll go.”

Once they hung up, Jonghyun walked into the school and went to the principles office. Once there, he knocked on the door and walked inside. The principle was talking on the phone, with a parent most likely, so he sat down and waited for him to finish. After the man hung up his phone he looked at Jonghyun and said, “How can I help you?” Jonghyun took out his badge and flashed it and said, “My name is Kim Jonghyun, I am a detective working on the Jo case, I would like to speak with the teachers that the twins had.”  The principle nodded and wrote down the number of the teacher’s office and the names. He handed Jonghyun the card and said, “Here are the names of their teachers and the office number, they don’t have any classes right now so you are free to go and see them.” Jonghyun bowed, “Thank you, sir.” He turned and left the office and went to find the teachers.

 

Jonghyun walked into the office and went to a woman who was grading some papers. “Excuse me.” The woman looked up and smiled at Jonghyun, “how can I help you?” Jonghyun smiled back and sat down in an unoccupied chair, “Mrs. Choi, I am Kim Jonghyun a detective and I am working on the Jo case.” The woman nodded sadly, “they were such nice boys.” She said. Jonghyun nodded, “I’m sure they were, now I have a few questions for you, I hope you don’t mind.” The teacher shook her head and said, “I don’t mind ask away.” Jonghyun smiled and began with his questions, “do you know if the twins were subjects to any bullying?” The teacher shook her head, “No, the boys were very kind to others, the other students never had a problem with them, in fact, I have never received any complains about the twins from other students.” Jonghyun nodded as he jotted some notes down in a small notepad. “Alright, this last question is quite random, but it might come in handy later. Do you know anything about the construction going on outside by the school?” The teacher was a little confused before saying, “we weren’t told about any construction.” She said. Jonghyun found that extremely suspicious. He stood up and said, “thank you for your time.” Jonghyun got up and left the office and went to find the other teachers.

 

Meanwhile, Onew and Key arrived at the school. They walked over to the construction site and began to investigate. They took pictures and walked around a little bit, but after about five minutes, they packed up and left the site. Onew noticed the train station and looked at Key, “can you take me over there?” He asked. Key paled as he looked toward the station. “W-well u-um, alright.” Key led the older to the station. Once they got there, Onew began to look around and was a little baffled the place was a mess benches were in broken in half and thrown. “So where’s the ghost that you two saw?” He wondered. Key mentally slapped himself, “that’s what you wanted to know about?” Onew nodded. Key sighed and looked around, “I guess he’s not here.” Key said but then Onew froze and pointed to the tracks. Key turned and paled once more, there was Kwangmin walking on the tracks coming back to the station. Kwangmin noticed the two detectives and walked over to them, “are you back for more?” He asked, his mood turning foul very quickly. Key stood in front of Onew who couldn’t believe what he was seeing and began to speak, “Kwangmin, please let us explain, we are not here to harm you. We are here to help you and your brother.” Kwangmin seemed to listen better during the day than at night, but he still seemed ticked off. “So what, where were you when they killed my brother, he was hurting, and he needed help. Why couldn’t you help him!” His voice rose a few octaves, that was a hint that he was not ready to talk yet. Onew this time stepped in, “Kwangmin, we understand how you must feel; you’re upset that we weren’t able to do anything to help your brother in time of need, but we are helping you now. I’m sure your brother would understand.” Kwangmin shook his head, “No you don’t understand. You people don’t understand anything. You wear badges and think that you know everyone, just because you’re the authority. I don’t want to be understood, I want revenge. My brother was innocent and yet he was killed right in front of me! How dare they? On sacred grounds like that, I want them to rot in hell and I will bring them down to the devil personally if I have to.” The two detectives were shocked at the ghost’s words; they never knew that angry ghosts could be this terrifying. Onew sighed and said, “I understand your hatred, but we need time, I promise, you will get your revenge.” Kwangmin eyed Onew before turning to him and slowly made his way to him. “I don’t need any of your promises.” Then he disappeared. Onew sighed and looked at Key, “we need to figure out what happened. If this is Kwangmin’s ghost I can’t imagine Youngmin’s.” Key nodded, he didn’t see Youngmin’s ghost yet maybe Jonghyun had. The two turned and left the station.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun was walking to his car when he noticed a man in a dark suit standing in front of it. “Can I help you?” He wondered. The man looked up at him and smirked, “you are Kim Jonghyun are you not?” Jonghyun arched an eyebrow and replied, “That depends, who’s asking?” The man’s expression fouled and replied, “None of your business, I was sent by my employer to deliver a message. Continue with this case and you’ll end up just like those boys, with a tomb stone.” The mysterious man, with that final word, turned to leave. However, Jonghyun pulled out his pistol and pointed it at the man, making him stop ever so calmly. “How dare you threaten an officer?” Jonghyun said. The man sighed and replied, “ever heard of don’t blame the messenger? I’m just following orders-“ “whose orders?” Jonghyun cut in. “That’s none of your damn business.” He left then bumping into Jonghyun’s shoulder forcefully before leaving the parking lot.