Alive

The Ghost of the Twins

Alive

When Jonghyun opened his eyes, he found himself in an all white room with a medical aroma wafting through the air. He felt heavy, he felt sore, and his vision was fuzzy. He could hear voices, but they weren’t very clear-muffled. Jonghyun remembered the white room that he was in with Kwangmin. In one word, he was confused. What did Kwangmin do to him and why? He would have to ask him when he didn’t feel so, well, out of it. Then there was the train station, yeah the station Woohyun was there. Did Woohyun hurt the others? What in the world happened?

 

When Jonghyun awoke, he was immediately surrounded by Minho and Onew who were asking him a million questions per second, but to boil all the question down to one it was; “are you alright?” Jonghyun cautiously sat up in bed and nodded, “w-what happened?” Onew gently placed a hand onto Jonghyun shoulder and explained what happened. He also told the detective that Youngmin helped them found his car and the evidence from Woohyun’s office. Jonghyun nodded, “w-where is Kwangmin?” he asked. Onew shrugged, “I don’t know, we’ll have to ask Youngmin when you’re discharged.” Jonghyun nodded and allowed a comfortable silence to form until Onew spoke, “you know it’s odd.” Jonghyun looked at the older, “what is?” he wondered. Onew looked at Jonghyun fixing the covers before saying, “when we met with the doctor, he said that it would take a miracle for you to survive the operation. The doctor was convinced that there was nothing that could be done and, yet, after the operation, when he came out of the operating room, he seemed so surprised that you survived. It’s odd.” Jonghyun chuckled before uttering tiredly, “Miracles do happen.” Onew smiled, “sleep Jonghyun.” The detective didn’t need to be told twice his eyes shut and he immediately fell asleep.

 

Outside the hospital, Youngmin stood by the entrance. He felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see Kwangmin. “K-Kwangmin? Where have you been?” Youngmin wondered with worry and relief in his voice. “I helped Jonghyun.” Youngmin smiled and patted his shoulder, “how do you feel? You must’ve used a lot of energy.” Kwangmin nodded, “I feel a lot calmer, I still feel anger, but not as much for some reason.” Youngmin smiled and said, “You do seem a lot calmer, why don’t you rest a little more, you seem exhausted.” Kwangmin smiled and nodded, “I’ll be back soon.” Kwangmin uttered before he disappeared. Youngmin waited by the door in hopes that one of the detectives would tell him about Jonghyun’s condition. Kwangmin put in almost all of his energy and if Jonghyun didn’t make it, then it was all for nothing. Key and Taemin came out from the hospital then. Taemin was discharged from the hospital, but he was still not allowed to go back to work. He was given a pair of crutches until he has fully recovered. “Jonghyun is alright, he’ll make a full recovery.” Youngmin nodded relieved that his brother’s energy wasn’t wasted, “good. Glad to hear it.” Key smiled and said, “Lets go, we need to get back to the office to examine the evidence.” Youngmin nodded and followed the two back to the office.