Introducing Kim Jonghyun

The Ghost of the Twins

Introducing Kim Jonghyun

The morning started out with rain tapping on his office window. Jonghyun hated these slow days. He slumped at his desk forehead meets desk as he released a groan. A knock on the door brought his head up and uttered, “come in.” Another male walked in, his assistant and partner, Kim Kibum. He walked over to Jonghyun’s desk and sat down in a chair in front of Jonghyun’s desk, “so are you possibly going to work today?” he asked. Jonghyun leaned back in his chair, “there are no cases, Key.” The younger smiled, “well let me enlighten you.” He placed a manila envelope onto the desk. Jonghyun looked at the envelope, “What’s this?” “The Jo case.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “not this again.” Key got up and said, “Jonghyun I want you to do this case, this is bizarre, and you know it.” Jonghyun had heard of the case, but he didn’t find anything unusual about it. “What’s so bizarre?” He asked. Key shook his head, “Jonghyun one died in an unexpected train crash and the younger was shot and was found in front of his brother’s grave, you don’t find this suspicious?” Jonghyun sighed, he did find it suspicious, but he didn’t have any evidence to open up a full investigation. “Get Taemin and Minho in here.” Key was taken back, “What?” Jonghyun looked at Key and said, “if I am going to do this case I need Minho and Taemin to go to the hospital and get the autopsy of the brothers.” Key smiled, “you won’t regret this Jonghyun.” The detective sighed and said, “I’m regretting this already.” Key chuckled and left the office to get Minho and Taemin. Jonghyun opened the envelope and as soon as he read the first few lines, he knew he wasn’t going to regret this. Police officers and other detectives wouldn’t open investigations because there wasn’t sufficient evidence to open an investigation. This makes him smirk, “we’ll see about that.”

 

Taemin and Minho are Jonghyun’s adventurers. They are the ones that go out and get any information needed to start an investigation. The two walked in and stood in front of Jonghyun as he continued to read the case file. “Alright you two, I need you to head to Seoul hospital and ask for an autopsy of the Jo brothers.” The two nodded, they took the summary of the case, “what are we looking for Jonghyun?” Minho asked as he skimmed the summery and passed it to Taemin. “I want you to find anything weird on the corpse, I want you after that to go and find Onew and get him to reopen this case for investigation. Kibum and I will go and talk to the parents and visit the graves.” The two boys standing in front of the detective nodded and left the office to start on their assignment.

 

Taemin and Minho left the building and were off on their way to the hospital. Minho got to his car which was a silver color with small droplets from the rain. Taemin sat in the front passenger seat and released a breath, “I don’t really want to see dead bodies right now.” Minho chuckled, “then you probably should’ve gone into a different profession, Taemin.” He said as his car smoothly surfed across the pavement and off to the hospital. The younger sighed and took out the summary once more. He paged through the summary and noticed the pictures of the brothers, “they’re twins?!” Taemin exclaimed, absolutely surprised. Minho was also taken back, “call Jonghyun, and ask him if he knows.” He said as he stopped at a traffic light. Taemin took out his phone and dialed the detective’s number.

“Yes Taemin?” Jonghyun answered.

“Hyung, did you know that the brothers were twins?”  Taemin wondered.

“Is this why you called, Min?” Jonghyun asked.

Taemin blinked a little confused, “hyung that would have been nice to know.”

“That is nice to know.” Jonghyun mumbled.

“Hyung, you’re a detective you need to look at case summaries carefully.” Taemin said.

“You sound so much like Kibum right now, mommy’s boy, keke. I know that they are twins and it’s in your best interest to know that too, don’t underestimate me, Taemin.” Jonghyun replied.

Taemin rolled his eyes and said, “Alright, we arrived to the hospital, is Onew in town?”

 “He should be, try his office if he’s not there give me a call and I’ll give you his address.” Jonghyun replied.

“Ok, talk to you soon.” Taemin replied.

“Good luck.” Jonghyun said before hanging up.

 

 

Taemin and Minho got out of the car and walked into the hospital and got up to the nurse at the desk. “Hello my name is Minho and this is my partner Taemin, we were sent by a detective we were asked to see an autopsy for the Jo Twins.” The woman shuffled some papers before saying, “I’m sorry, but the parents denied any access to the records, you will need to get a signed permission sheet.” Minho sighed, “Ah, I see thank you.” He tuned to Taemin and the two left the hospital. “Call Jonghyun, we have a problem.” Taemin nodded and took out his phone.

“What’s up Taemin?” Jonghyun asked.

“Hyung, we are at the hospital and the nurse told us that they won’t let us look at the autopsy.” Taemin said following Minho who was going back to the car.

“That’s odd, why? Did you tell them that I sent you?” Jonghyun questioned. His tone was serious, not playful like it was in the last phone conversation.

“Alright so what do we do?” Taemin wondered as he sat down into the car.

“Okay, change of plans; you guys go and locate Onew and let him read up on the summary of the case. Kibum and I are on our way now to the Jo’s place, while I speak with the family, I’ll send Kibum to the police station to get permission to get this case rolling.” Jonghyun instructed.

“Okay, sound’s good.” Taemin hung up and turn to Minho, “He said to go and find Onew and talk to him about the case.” He told the older. Minho nodded and drove off to Onew’s house.