The Angry Ghost

The Ghost of the Twins

The Angry Ghost

When Jonghyun arrived to Onew’s office, he sat down in front of the older boy’s desk. Onew was looking through the case file, he looked up at Jonghyun and smirked, “you’re crazy to take this case Jonghyun.” He stated. Onew is like Jonghyun’s own personal internet, if he needs any information about anything, he goes to Onew. “Why do you say that?” Jonghyun wondered. Onew placed the documents down onto his desk and said, “There is no available evidence to support this case, we will be grasping at straws here.” The older said. Jonghyun looked at Onew and replied, “I will find evidence, Onew, with you, Key, Taemin, and Minho helping me we will find evidence.” Onew shook his head and took off his glasses to rub his tired eyes, “what makes you so sure?” Jonghyun remembered the parents and happy they were that Jonghyun was doing this case. “Onew, no parent wants to loose a child, can you imagine the heartbreak and sadness the family is going through right now? They are counting on us, if we can’t figure out what happened to their children how can we be taken seriously?” Onew put his glasses back and saw how determined Jonghyun looked, he smiled, “good, I’m glad you’ve got your head in the game. However, where do you want to start looking for this evidence that we don’t have?” Jonghyun leaned back into the chair and said, “I think the autopsy should have something, when Minho and Taemin get back we’ll take a look and see if there is anything suspicious.” Onew nodded, “and in the meantime, what will you be doing?” Jonghyun smirked and leaned in, “I thought you’d never ask, Key and I will go and investigate the shut down train station while you find close friends to interview, maybe they will be able to give us a lead.” Onew nodded and began to press buttons on his computer. Jonghyun stood up and left Onew’s office to find Key standing by the entrance to the building with his jacket on, “well, ready to head out?” He asked. Jonghyun nodded and the two left to the train station.

 

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Minho and Taemin were scanning the autopsy. Minho was reading the youngest twin’s autopsy and Taemin was reading the older twin’s autopsy. “This doesn’t make any sense, hyung.” Taemin spoke up completely frustrated. The older boy chuckled, “you’re not solving an equation here Taemin obviously something doesn’t click here. I am getting confused as well.” Taemin continued to page through until he got to the images of the body. He flipped through them until Minho stood up and ran out of the room, “hyung?” “Taemin stay there!” Minho exclaimed as he ran to the nurse’s desk. Taemin flipped through the images of the younger twin and noticed the ropes it hit him then, “finger prints.” He looked at Minho when he ran back in with the doctor and nurses, “Doctor, do you know if the police scanned these objects for finger prints?” He asked. The doctor thought and said, “I’m not sure about the younger twin but they couldn’t find any for the older twin.” Minho looked at him and said, “let us have access to the autopsy at all times, this could be vital information.” The nurses and doctors nodded before Taemin and Minho left, the older quickly dialing Jonghyun’s number.

“Yes, Minho?” Jonghyun answered as Key parked the car.

“Hyung, do you know if the police station scanned the rope that was used to tie Kwangmin’s hands?” Minho wondered.

Jonghyun thought for a moment before replying, “I don’t think so, the case file said nothing about ropes or scans being conducted, do you mind checking that out for me, tell them I sent you and if they have a problem then have them call me.”

Minho nodded as he got into the car, “alright, sounds good.” Minho hung up the phone and looked at Taemin, “where to now?” he asked. “To Seoul Police Department.” Minho backed out of the parking lot before driving off to their next destination.

 

Back at Onew’s office, the older found a boy by the name of No Minwoo, who was listed as a classmate and close friend to the twins. He got a hold of his number and was now ready to make the call.

“Hello?” Minwoo answered his phone.

“Yes, is this Minwoo?” Onew asked leaning back in his chair.

Minwoo got a little worried before answering, “y-yes, this is him, who is this?”

Onew smiled, “There is no need to panic my name is Onew I am with detective Jonghyun’s team. We are currently doing the Jo case; we were hoping you could come by and answer a few questions.”

Minwoo’s eyes widened, “The Jo case, as in the Jo Twins? Like YoungMin and Kwangmin?!”

Onew pressed a button on his computer before replying, “That would be them.” He heard the younger breath in before replying,

“I would be happy to, they were my two best friends, when would you like me to come?”

Onew looked at his planner and said, “Today would be best, but if you prefer some other time, that would be alright too.”

“I won’t be able to make it today, but I will be able to come tomorrow afternoon, after school.” Minwoo replied wiping his eyes before tears could fall, as he remembered the twins. “I-If you’d like I could bring some more of our friends too.” He said.

Onew smiled, “Even better, thank you for your cooperation Minwoo.”

“No problem.” Minwoo smiled into the receiver.

Onew smirked, “See you tomorrow.” Once he hung up, he leaned back into his chair and released a sigh. He then continued to research on his computer.

 

Key and Jonghyun were making their way to the train station. Once they come up to the steps, Jonghyun looked at Key and said, “This better be good.” The two climbed up the steps and looked around. The station looked grungy and old; it looked as if no one bothered to take care of it, but then again it was a shut down station. “Jonghyun look.” Key said pointing to one of the corners of the station, Jonghyun looked to the corner and noticed a destroyed bench it looked like it was ripped off its hinges and thrown across the station. “What in the world happened here?” Jonghyun muttered. It was then that they heard a mournful cry. Someone was there. “Hello?” Key called out, and looked around. Jonghyun, also, scanned the area. The cry came again, except this time Key and Jonghyun saw a figure sitting by the pillar, it was a boy in a school uniform his messenger bag was wrapped around him. Jonghyun looked at him, “hey are you alright?” The figure looked up and Key noticed how angry the boy was, “Jonghyun be careful.” Jonghyun walked over and the mysterious boy stood up and into the light and Key immediately shouted, “Jonghyun stop!” Jonghyun stopped and looked at Key, “what why?” The figure lifted his hand and muttered, “Murderer.” This made Jonghyun and Key look at the boy; he was making the second bench shutter and move ripping it off its hinges. Jonghyun looked at the boy and recognized him, “w-wait, hold on. Y-you’re Kwangmin right?” The boy flinched and the bench stopped moving, “calm down, don’t worry I’m going to help you.” The boy’s eyes narrowed, “where were you when they killed him, in front of me. You let him die; now you will feel my rage!” The anger was back and the bench began to shake and peel off its hinges. Key grabbed Jonghyun’s shoulders, “we better get out of here.” Jonghyun nodded and they turned but the bench snapped and blocked the stairs to leave. The boy was not only angry, he was enraged. “If you are Kwangmin, please calm down. I am not the one who killed your brother.” Jonghyun tried to reason with him. The other was not buying any of it, “even if you didn’t kill him, you didn’t do anything about it…a detective badge doesn’t suit you….not if you can’t protect civilians like my brother. I want revenge and I want it in blood, just like how my brother died.” His hand went up again and this time the pillar began to move and crumble, “he’s going to collapse this entire station.” Key said panicked. Jonghyun noticed a small entrance at the back Jonghyun grabbed Key’s arm, “move it!” The two bolted out to the entrance. They made it out of the building and the boy calmed down, the pillar stopped shaking. The boy released a mournful scream. The boy released his tears and disappeared with another cry.