Chapter 1- A Weird Way To Get A Job

The Maid and The... Butler?!

Chapter 1- A Weird Way To Get A Job

Starting the time when Yoona’s parents has died, she barely smiled genuinely. She and her sister are living with their grandparents in the province. Living with less urbanity, the sisters survived for fifteen years. After those years, their grandparents died, forcing them to live by themselves. They moved in their old house simply because they had nowhere else to go. “Whow… I didn’t know there was a fire around here…” Yoona’s sister mentioned, noticing half of their house, now ashes. “I’ve saved up enough. We will have to repair these…” right after, the sisters found themselves cleaning up. Yoona was sent to school by her sister. For those times, she wasn’t smart nor dumb like what others would expect of an orphan. She was forced to find a job and help her sister. She just wasn’t aware of something new to happen…

 “Hyah. Unnie will be so disappointed with me. I’ve been walking around since morning and I haven’t found anything. Goodness gracious.” Yoona sighed as she wandered around the streets of Seoul. She stumbled down frustrated, letting the snow eat her up. Well, she just had a meal for her whole day of walking. “I haven’t gave up. Trust me, I can do this.” She muttered. As she stood up to leave, an old woman came shouting at her. “You haven’t paid your meal, rascal! Get back here!” “Huh? Meal… Oh wait… I-I don’t have any money! I-I’m sorry!” She pleaded. The old woman was disappointed and just let her pass. She can clearly see her being tired and broke behind her pretty face. “I will let you pass this time. But you will have to clean all these tables up. Understood?” Yoona nodded and began doing so. A great figure of what seems a teenager burst in. “Ahjuma! My cousins and relatives got fed up with my begging and decided to try off your meals!” He said, giving way to some well off figures. “Whaaa… You didn’t tell me! I haven’t prepared! Aigoo this child…” “What do you mean unprepared? Who’s that girl over there? New worker? I thought you said you can work alone? But anyways… She’s so pretty!” He exclaimed, giving the ahjumma an idea. “Hmmm… Hey. You over there.” She called Yoona. “Yes?” She replied wiping off the tables. “Can you cook? I will set you free if you can.” “H-Huh? W-why?” “Aish, as you can see, I have here those ‘rich’ and ‘judgemental’ customers. They wouldn’t trust the food here because of how I look and might… Just cook if you can?” She asked. “I-I d-don’t-“ “Naah… I know you can.” She pulled her in the kitchen. All Yoona learned to cook was just those ones in a province, so her cooking is basically unique now that she is cooking urbanized foods. Surprisingly, It turned out well. She came out and served the food to the ‘rich and judgmental’ customers. “Uhhh… Noona, are you ahjuma’s new worker?” The teenager asked. She was about to explain when the ahjuma gave her a glare, forcing her to nod. “This is…” The boy nearby said. “Unexpected…” The woman nearby continued, tasting the food. “Ahjuma, you cooked this? This doesn’t taste like yours…” The teenager asked. Embarassed the ahjuma made a cocky response. “O-Oh, no. That’s…. Our new specialty! I-It’s made by our… ehm… Uzzlang Cook! Haha…” Pointing at Yoona, she laughed off. The maid standing beside the woman looked at Yoona. Pretty. Good at cooking. Hardworking… Perfect for Master! She thought, whispering something to the female master. “I see. Are you the owner of this restaurant?” She asked the ahjuma. Ahe… It’s just a small food bar and she called it a restaurant grandly…. “Y-Yes.” She answered trying to hide herself. The female master looked over Yoona. “Girl. What’s your name?” Yoona stuttered her name and in no time, she began telling her story. “Oh. So you basically grew from the province and came here to look for a job?” She asked her firmly while Yoona nodded. “I see. How much pay do you receive here?” Yoona shivered looking at the ahjuma. “A-ah, about…” “Nevermind. I can tell your salary is quite low here?” Aish, those rich people… They’re so judgmental! The ahjuma thought. “Perfect. Ahjuma, we will pay you excess for the meal. And if you won’t mind, we’ll take your worker.” She said while leaving. “Eh?” Yoona glared at the guy who pulled her along the family’s van. She had to sit beside a maid. “I see master is planning to give you a job?” She said. Yoona could only nod. They… are so weird! It’s already deep at night and unnie will seriously… Aaaah, I’m so screwed up. What to do?! She thought. “Don’t worry, she’s actually nice when she’s normal. As you see, the job is pretty tough. But hey, their pay is just…” What job on Earth is she…. Gyaaaah! Where are these bunch of… Where are they going?! Must they bring me along?!  “I see.” Yoona was entirely silent. “You know, at first it was hard. But when I got used to it, agh, just worth the pay.” She did mention a pay that’s ten  times more than when she works for a café. Whoooa… Tough one! Unnie will be proud to hear about this job… But wait… The heck, what job is it?  She thought. For the whole time, she was just silent. Ehm. At least I got myself a job just by… Not paying my meal, hehehe. But this sure is… A weird way to get a job…