Prologue- Yoona's History

The Maid and The... Butler?!

The bright round figure rose up on the window, telling the sleeping child to wake up. In a blink, her family was around her, sharing the warmest smiles and sweetest cares. She was happy this way.

"Good Morning, Yoona!" Mrs. Im greeted the child. Her father and older sister was also there, making sure she wakes up properly. "Gooooood Mooooooooooorning!" Yoona replied sleepily. "Do you know what day is today?" Her sister asked. "My Birthday?" Yoona answered, brightening her eyes. Her family chuckled "Silly, It's Christmas! It's where we are supposed to hang socks on our chimney, exchange gifts and... Wait, Yoona were you good this year?" Her sister smiled. "Yes, I was! I helped mommy and you do the chores at home! I did my homeworks well! I prayed every night!" Yoona giggled. Her parents were so happy to see their child happy, despite their huge problem. They went down and ate breakfast happily. The children  went out to play while their parents stayed back. As soon as they turned their backs, the smiles on their faces began to fade; Sighs of disappointment are starting to be heard. They actually had a problem- A very great problem. Their mother, their caring mother has a sickness. She only has a very short time left. Sooner or later, the children are left with their father. Worser, their father has a debt on a dangerous person. But the problem is, how do they carry this pain at a young age? Tears began to stream down their faces. They knew what choice they have left: To just accept this. Afterall, lives are meant to end.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Gummi declared. "Who's it?" asked Chorong. "Her!" Donghae pointed SoYul. Yoona hid behind a nearby rock, giggling. She waited to be found and from her side, she saw the other kids being found. "I have to be hidden!" She whispered, peeking out. She just sat there silently. A minute past, then two, then five. "Everyone was found!" Leeteuk declared. Yoona didn't hear this. "Let's go to the playground!" Chanyeol shouted, grinning like an idiot. Yoona sat there for about an hour. She got tired and went out. "SoYul?! Hyoyeon?! Sunny?!" She shouted, looking for her friends. She spent another hour looking for them. "Nobody found me..." She cried, feeling her tears. "Maybe I was bad, right Santa?" She sat on a corner. "Why am I invisible?!" She cried. Just then, she saw a boy about a year to four years younger, crying as well. "A-Are you o-okay?" Yoona asked him, holding her sobs. ".........." No answer. Yoona cannot hold back her tears. "Why am I really invisible?!" She cried. "D-don't cry! I-I didn't mean to ignore y-you!" The boy blurted. "Huh?" Yoona was startled. "I-It's okay! I-It's not your fault.". "Why are you crying?" She asked. "I'm alone... I am a burden!" he simply cried out. By this time, Yoona stopped crying and began comforting the boy. "Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm also a burden!" "Really?!" By this time, children were too eccentric to know stuff as burden. "So I'm not alone! We are burdens!" He beamed but in an emotionless manner. In a blink, the strangers started playing. They spent an hour and a half playing. They haven't even known each other's names, but as children, they'd trust chidren as well. Moreover, strangers. "Bye, I have to go. Umma is waiting for me!" Yoona said. He nodded shyly. "Okay! By the way, who are you?" Yoona smiled. He didn't answer. "I'm alone again..." He had to answer bluntly. "Huh? Why?" "Nobody likes me because I'm a burden." He was still emotionless, but his tone seemed to be sad. "I'm also a burden, right? But I have friends! But... they did  not remember me... So I'm  a burden  with no friends..." She sighed. "Let's be friends, burden!" She beamed. The boy's face lit up hearing the word friends. "I'm Yoona!" She extended her hand. For the  first time, he smiled. "We're no longer burdens!" "Yoona!" Yoona's sister called. "I really have to go. Don't worry, I will be back tomorrow!" With that, she left. The boy shivered and realizing this, Yoona turned back and gave him a scarf. "You'll catch a cold! Use this... That's my parents' gift for me... But that's already me gift for you! Merry Christmas!" Parents. Merry. Christmas. The boy froze. Yoona walked home with her sister. But when they reached home, the sight which welcomed them wasn't really welcoming. It was in fact, traumatic.

 

For those who have read the chap earlier, I'd like to ask pardon for having it uncontinued last time. I'm still new here... And the internet connection is... Okay ,just... Thank You for reading! Sorry because of my weird grammar. Also, for overusing pronouns and sometimes nouns..... Again, Thank You!