Chanyeol

Miracles In December

Chanyeol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I.

 

"You want this? This? Really?" Eun Joo teased, giving Chanyeol a look of disbelief.

 

"What?" The boy replied, cocking an eyebrow at her before he nudged her away and took the box of the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that he wanted to purchase. “This will be fun, okay?”

 

"That's really boring!" She said, mostly to herself, as the tall boy walked to the counter to pay for the puzzle. Left alone in the aisle, Eun Joo looked down at one particular box and picked it up. She clicked her tongue and made a face. “Why in the world does he want a jigsaw puzzle?”

 

 

II.

 

“Yah!” Chanyeol said, taking the girl by the shoulders and shaking her awake

 

“What? What now?” She was obviously annoyed that she was disturbed from her nap. The girl mumbled something under her breath about not wanting to do the puzzle and about Chanyeol being such a pain, but the chipper boy just chuckled and tugged at her sleeve. “Come on, just help me with this.”

 

“You shouldn’t have gotten one with so many puzzle pieces. I am a noob here, you know.” Eun Joo said with a resigned sigh, scooting over to the table where Chanyeol was putting the puzzle together. “Why the sudden interest in puzzles anyway? Can’t we just watch a movie or play ball or something? I mean, I know I at that, but that is better than doing this.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled again, and pressed a puzzle piece with the ones he had already put together. “This is a nice way to pass the time! We get to hang out and talk in the warmth of the house! It’s too cold to play outside.” He reasoned, and nudged her with his elbow, nodding to the pieces near her. “Get those and help me out.”

 

 

III.

 

“That’s not it! That’s not supposed to go there!” Eunju pointed out, taking the piece out to replace it with the one she held between her fingers. “There, see? Perfect.” She smiled at Chanyeol, and he smiled back too, glad that he has finally managed to make her interested in putting the puzzle together. “I am so much better at this than you.” The girl added, and he huffed.

 

“You know, I used to really like puzzles.” Eunju shared now, her attention on the face she was trying to put together in the puzzle. “My dad and I used to do them but… I don’t know, I guess he got too busy, and then I outgrew my liking for it.”

 

He already knew about it before she said anything. Chanyeol had learned from her mother that it used to be her favorite hobby, but she had stopped trying to put puzzle pieces together since her dad became too busy to do it with her. “Do you like it again now?” He asked, his eyes on her and waiting expectantly.

 

“I guess.” She shrugged, but smiled after. “It’s kinda fun…doing this with you now.” He smiled too, and hoped they could always do this.

 

“I think it’s fun too.” He told her. “But because it makes you shut up.”

“Yah!”

 

 

IV.

 

“This is kinda sad.”

 

Chanyeol turned his gaze from the puzzle to the girl. “What is sad?”

 

“We’re almost done…”

 

He chuckled at that. “Wae? Aren’t you supposed to be happy that we’re almost done putting together a thousand pieces of jigsaw puzzle? That’s a big accomplishment, you know. We should celebrate this. We could probably put this in our resume or something.”

 

“But it’s bittersweet, isn’t it? Because then we have to take it apart again. Or maybe we’d get busy and stop putting puzzles together.”

 

“Who said we were going to stop?”

 

 

V.

 

She had argued that they couldn’t keep doing puzzles all the time anyway. She said they would get tired of doing that eventually but, really, she hoped there was a puzzle with a million pieces that she can try and put together with him. It sounded like a good idea—being together like that.

 

Eun Joo had a happy and sad expression on her face when she saw that only a piece is missing and they’ll finish the soon. She remembered how her father would give her a high-five whenever they finish a puzzle. It was fun having another companion to enjoy puzzles with, she was just scared that when she enjoys too much, she’ll be left out once more. Eun Joo sighed and looked for the last puzzle piece.

 

“Oh? Do you have the last piece?”

 

Chanyeol watched as she searched for the missing piece. For some reason, Chanyeol didn’t want to finish the puzzle, he wanted time to stop and just let the two of them enjoy the puzzle.

 

“It’s missing…”

 

“Really?” he asked as he held the missing puzzle piece tightly in his hands “ We should return this then. And buy another one” he suggested, hiding the piece in his pocket.

 

Eun Joo smiled at his suggestion.

 

 

VI.

 

“Omma…” a little girl stared confusedly on ten frames at the wall as she held her mother’s hand

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Did you and appa, make all of these?” the girl asked, looking up at her mother

 

She nodded and smiled at the little girl. The girl pouted and scrunched up her nose. “You must be bad at puzzles” she said, staring on one of the frames. “A piece is missing” she pointed at the empty spot on the image. “So is this one, and that one!” she pointed at the ten framed Jigsaw puzzle which each had a missing piece.

 

She laughed as she watched the little girl scratch her head in confusion.

 

“Ji Yeon-ah…” the little girl looked up at her “Your Appa and I enjoyed doing Jigsaw puzzles together. It was our way of…bonding. So he always brought one with him but before we start he would secretly hide a piece”

 

The girl grew more confused, she chuckled seeing the girl’s confused expression “Want to know a secret?"She told the girl “Appa doesn’t know that I know he hides them in purpose”

 

“Why would he do that?” the girl blinked a couple of times

 

“Let’s just say it’s for Omma” she said pointing at herself

 

The little girl stared at the frames, she was still confused as to why her father would hide a piece from her mother.

 

“What are you two talking about?” Chanyeol placed his arm around his wife’s shoulders as the little girl looked up at both of them.

 

“It’s a secret” Eun Joo said, placing a finger on as she looked at her daughter who mimicked her mother's actions.

 

“Yah! Ji Yeon-ah. You’re keeping things from appa now?” he said, pouting as he picked his daughter up. “What did you and omma talk about?” he whispered to her. In reply, she covered with her hands and shook her head. Chanyeol tickled his daughter until she spoke.

 

“Omma told me stories about puzzles” she said in between her laugh.

 

“Puzzles?” he asked “Ah! Speaking of puzzles, I bought one” he said, turning to Eun Joo then back to Ji Yeon

 

“Ji Yeon-ah, want to help Appa and Omma finish a jigsaw puzzle?” he asked his little daughter.

 

Little Ji Yeon looked at the framed puzzles hanging on the wall and looked at her father.

 

“Are we really going to finish it?” she asked innocently

 

Eun Joo laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Chanyeol's Story...:)

 

Credits to my sister MJ <3

 

Merry Christmas Everyone!

 

-cookie