Sehun

Miracles In December

Sehun

 

A/N Sarang's Message is in color PLUM with Helvetica Neue so that you won't be confused when you read:) Enjoy lovelies..<3<3<3~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The air was cold and crisp and snow fell from the sky. He sat on one of the swings at the cold, isolated park that was once full of life, color and laughter. He sat, his elbows on his knees, eyes closed, and in between his hands he tightly held a piece of paper, afraid that it might be swept away by the wind. Their scene at the airport kept on repeating on his head as he held the paper. He was confused.

 

‘Read it when the plane leaves’

 

He finally opened the piece of paper and read his best friend’s message to him.

 

 

Sehun-ah,

If you’re reading this right now, it must mean that I’m finally on my way on the other side of the globe.

 

 

***

 

Halfway around the world, that means I won’t be doing you favors like before. Will you miss me?

 

 

“Two? In a red paperbag?”Sarang was walking on the streets of Seoul when she received a call from Sehun. She scrunched up her nose in confusion to what he was asking her to do.

 

“Yup”  Sehun replied “I need it later but I’m too lazy to go out” she could imagine him mischievously smiling while he said those words.

 

“YAH! Am I you’re freaking maid?!” She asked, very annoyed of him.

 

“Awww..come on Sarang-ah. This it’ll be the last time I’ll ask you a favor this year”

 

“New Year’s in a couple of weeks Sehun” She said flatly, she knew him very well and all his silly tactics. And she knew full well that he’d continue to annoy her until she complies to his request. She sighed as she stopped in front of a bubble tea shop along the street.

 

“arasseo, I’ll bring it to the set later”

 

***

 

 

It means that I won’t be there to cover for you. So be a good kid to your Hyungs. They’ll cover for you, like a brother would

 

 

“AHAHAHAHA!” The group let out a very loud laughter on sight of Sehun’s gift.

 

“Yah! Maknae, Why Bubble tea?” the group was rolling on the floor laughing due to Sehun’s gift. Baekhyun’s face had an amused expression when he was greeted by two bubble tea’s inside the red paper bag Sehun handed over for their exchange gift for EXO’s Showtime.

 

 

It must mean, I won’t be there to share bubble tea with you. Treat your hyungs some of those bubble tea that we love so much.

 

 

“Because I love bubble tea. I want to share something I really love to someone I love” he said in his normal deep voice.

 

“So who did you get?”

 

“CHEN!” Sehun said, excited to see what his hyung will give him. Chen handed him a bow, and there inside was a Gift Certificate. ‘Neat! I’ll be able to buy Sarang something in exchange for the favor, and it’ll be free. I am such cool friend’ he thought.

 

 

***

 

 

It means I won’t get to have those lousy I mean great gifts of yours. Lol.

 

 

“here” He handed Sarang a box which she gladly accepted. Sehun asked Sarang to meet him at the Bubble Tea store. Of course he chose that place because it was close and he badly wanted some of his favorite drink. “Thanks for buying the bubble tea earlier, the hyungs liked it” he continued as he sipped on his second cup of bubble tea. Sarang on the other hand was peeking inside the box that Sehun gave. She was dying to know what Sehun got her as a payback. She opened the box and was very surprised of its content.

 

“A Gift Certificate?” she asked staring at the piece of paper in her hands. “This was given to you by your hyungs, am I right?” she asked, raising a brow at him.

 

He moved his index finger in front of her face “No No No. It wasn’t given by the hyungs it was given by Chen hyung” he defended.

 

A sigh left her lips, she never did really expect much from him when it comes to gifts. He was always full of pranks and surprises that she got used to it.

 

“Thanks” she said nonchalantly that it caught Sehun’s attention.

 

 “Not very appreciative, are we?” he said leaning over to her direction “ I mean, I was supposed to get you something but I figured you can buy something you really like with that” he said as he pointed at the gift certificate.

 

She nodded. He found it really weird that she was not replying sarcastically on his excuses.

 

 

It means that I won’t be bothering you to go to public places. Good for you, right?

 

 

He followed the direction of her stare and saw her looking at the Playground across the street. The playground was crowded since it was scheduled to be demolished soon due to some development on the city. Sarang would always ask him to visit the playground whenever they would get some bubble tea. They both used to love going to that playground back when they were kids, but as EXO’s popularity rose, Sehun’s liking for public places such as that particular playground was totally gone which leaves Sarang to play by herself. They had lots of fun memories as kids on that playground, and soon a big part of those memories will be taken down.

 

“Oh Sehun”

 

“Hhmm?” Sehun said, still watching the people at the playground as he sipped on his Bubble Tea.

 

“Let’s play there, today” she said, also looking at the playground across the street. Sarang turned to look at Sehun who made a disapproving face.

 

“You know how I feel about public places” he said “not to mention that there’s like tons of people there”

 

She stared at him as if pleading him to come with her.

 

“Alright, you go play at the park and I’ll stay here and watch” he said smiling like he had said something brilliant.

 

She frowned.

 

“You do remember that I’ll be leaving soon, right?” His eyes widened, he completely forgot that his childhood friend was scheduled to leave the day after to study abroad. “Sehun-ah, just this once” she pleaded.

 

 

It also means that I won’t get to tease you for a long time.

 

 

He shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to see her pouty face. As much as he loved teasing her, she was still after all his best friend and he knew that if he opened his eyes, he’ll give in to her wants.  He clenched his fist and abruptly stood up, still eyes wide shut.

 

“Mianhe” and with that he left her

 

 

It means this time it’s you I left behind not the other way around. I always felt hurt when you do that.

 

 

***

 

Sehun ran inside the airport as he chased the retrieving Sarang. He reached for her shoulders which made her jump.

 

“SEHUN! You surprised me” she said “Yah! What took you so long? I was waiting for like ages and you show up 10 minutes before I board the plane! You should’ve not bothered coming at all” she shouted. Still catching his breath, he smiled “I know you’re happy I’m here” he said.

 

 

I may not be verbal about it but I’m happy to have a best friend like you, you know that right?

 

 

Her frown turned to a sincere smile. She dropped all her things and hugged her best friend for the last time. Sehun found himself holding his breath. It was not the first time they hugged, it was normal for friend to hug, but he was caught off guard.

 

“Yah kid! You take care of yourself, okay?” he said as he hugged her back

 

“I should be saying that to you, no one is going to buy you bubble tea anymore.” She replied breaking off their embrace.

 

“Well, there’s always Luhan Hyung to cover that part” she slapped his arm “I’ll miss you, Sarang-ah. Seriously, take care of yourself” he waited for replies, retorts, insults, sarcastic comments but all she did was smile at him. It was silent. She was silent.

 

“Well, don’t you have anything to say to me before you leave?” he said finally breaking the silence

 

 

 

I’m really no good in expressing my self verbally. So if you’re reading this, It must mean that I chickened out on telling you again. I have always been weak in telling how I feel.

 

 

 

He reached something from her pocket and handed him a piece of paper.

 

“Everything I need to say is in there” Sehun took the paper ans was about to open the paper when she stopped him. “Read it when the plane leaves”. What she did next totally surprised Sehun. For the first time she kissed him not on the cheek but on his lips. It was short peck on the lips but nevertheless it was both of their first kiss. He stood there frozen and she ran to the gates while shouting goodbye.

 

 

You must be asking questions in your head about the kiss, right?

 

 

‘What just happened?’ Sehun thought.

 

***

 

 

Sorry for surprising you. But I know a kiss won’t suffice how I have been feeling for a very long time. That’s why I wrote this letter; to pull you off from you’re confusion. So remember my final words Oh Sehun

 

 

The air was cold and crisp and snow fell from the sky. He sat on one of the swings at the cold, isolated park that was once full of life, color and laughter. He sat, his elbows on his knees, eyes closed, and in between his hands he held a piece of paper that contained a short message but had a very big impact to Oh Sehun’s life and heart.

 

 

Saranghae.

~ Sarang

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Hey my lovelieeeeesss~ Happy New Year!

 

I know the title's Miracles in December, and it's already January...:(

 

I hope you enjoy Sehun's story...

 

Have a very happy new year!!

 

-Cookie:)