Kris

Miracles In December

Kris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry I didn’t treat you well
That Christmas I was only filled with regrets

 

 

 

 

 “Why are you doing this?” Jane asked. She was sitting across Kris who didn’t take his eyes off the coffee on the table.

“I love you” she said as she held his hands. Tears were welling up in her eyes. Kris didn’t have the courage to look at the girl sitting in front of him or else it’ll be harder for him to leave.

“I can’t. I Love you too but you know I have my reasons” he said still not looking at her.

“Why can’t you even tell me the reason you’re breaking up with me?” she was frustrated.

“I just can’t. Please just trust me on this one. I’ll come back for you” He said

It hurt her. She felt like he didn’t trust her at all. She knew why he was going to leave. She knew why he wanted to end their relationship. She wanted to hear it come from him but he was too stubborn to say anything. Instead she just trusted him.

“I’ll wait for you” she said

 

 

 

On this afternoon where the first snow is falling
If only I could call you, I’d be so happy
A year has already passed but I’m still not over you
So I talk to myself, “I’m lonely”

 

 

 

A year has passed after Kris’ and Jane’s break up. Kris moved to Korea to pursue his dreams. Not once did he call Jane, to check on her, or even to say “hi”. There was none. It was like they were complete strangers. Kris hated the way he left her, he regretted how he treated her when he said goodbye. He did love her, that was a given.

“I guess it’s true that people only realize how much one needs the other when they’re apart” he said to himself

“Ahhh…I must be crazy. I’m talking to myself” he said as he walked through the streets of Seoul. He put his hands inside the pockets of his coat to feel warmer. He went inside his favorite coffee shop and went in line. He ordered himself a cup of Caramel Macchiato, and was about to pay for it. He was about to take out his wallet but it was nowhere to be found. He found some spare change on his pocket but it wasn’t enough to cover the price of the coffee he ordered.

“Do we have a problem?” the clerk asked

He shook his head and looked for more spare change, people on the line were complaining by how long he was taking.

“I think I’ll have to cancel my order” he said, embarrassed of his actions.

“Make that two Caramel Macchiatos please” a lady said then placed a bill on the counter.

Kris turned around to see who his life-saver was.

“Jane” he said, surprised of her appearance

“Hi, Kris. Long time no see” she smiled at him

 

 

 

If I met you, would tears rise up?
The foolish me wouldn’t be able to say anything
Tell me, Merry Merry Christmas, hi, how have you been?
When the snow falls, would my bruised heart get covered whitely?

 

 

 

“How have you been?” she asked concernedly

“It’s been tough, to be honest” he replied. Kris felt awkward and happy at the same time. The person he missed was now in front of him. But he still couldn’t face her properly at the thought of how he treated her a year ago.

“How’s training going?” she asked

“You know? Why I came here?” he was shocked by her question

“I know more than you think Kris. I just stayed quiet for your sake.” She smiled at him “I support you on your dream” She said making a thumbs up in front of his face. He smiled at his silliness. He loved it how she knew so much about him. How she always took care of him.

 

 

 

After time passed, the fact that you’re so precious
(It always passes by) Why didn’t I know back then?
I want to tell you that it’s different now

 

 

 

‘I must’ve been crazy to leave you. What could I ever do without you?” He thought “This may be selfish of me but please take me back, please tell me you’ll be mine again” he practiced in his mind what he wanted to tell her. He opened his mouth to speak but she spoke before him.

“I’m sorry” She said, Kris listened. “I couldn’t keep my promise” she continued

“What promise?” Kris was trembling, he was getting nervous on what was about to happen next.

It was silent. She held her cup while Kris stared at her. She looked up and looked Kris straight in the eye.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t wait for you” she said. Kris felt like the world fell on him when he heard those words. “I didn’t know I’d bump into you here. I was also surprised to see you. But maybe, it’s the right time I tell you. I guess café’s and first snows are really not for the both of us. It only brings bad memories and heartaches” she looked down on her cup as she explained

“I met someone, were actually here on a vacation” she said as she looked at her watch “it’s almost time for me to go, were supposed to meet somewhere. It was nice seeing you again, Kris” she stood up, Kris stood up but was still shocked of everything that was happening. She went to his direction and hugged him.

“Do well on your training. You can do it and achieve your dreams. I’ll be here supporting as your friend” she whispered on his ear. She smiled for the last time and left. Kris watched as she left the café.

 

 

 

(Turn back the block) if only I could go back one year
(Turn back my heart) would we be different now?
Yeah, it’s a stupid thought, but still, what if

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Kris is here!

 

If you guys are wondering..i based the story on Exo's song "First Snow"

 

Kris' December story is not so happy though (Sorry for all kris biased out there)

 

Anyway:) I love it anyway, hehehe..i love kris!!

 

'til then lovelies!:)

 

-cookie<3