Lay

Miracles In December

Lay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing was waiting by the lamppost. He was rubbing his hands together and blew on them to feel warmer. It was freezing outside but he patiently waited for a special girl he was dying to introduce to the most important people in his life, his grandparents. Yixing and Cheng Liang Liang dated for a while now, and it was the first time that he will introduce her to his grandparents. In fact, it was the first time he ever brought a girl with him to visit them. It was Yixing’s first ever relationship with a girl, and he wanted to make sure that she meets the people he loved the most. She was also dying to meet the people who took care of her Yixing.

 

“Yixing!” Liang Liang came running towards Yixing, wearing a thick coat and yellow scarf that hung around her neck.

 

“You’re here. I’ve been waiting for ages” Yixing said, exaggerated “Let’s go” He took her hands and led the way. He was talking so much about his grandparents on their way to their house, and she gladly listened to every word. To her eyes Yixing was perfect. He was kind, gentle, handsome, smart, and talented. He wanted to meet the people who shaped him to be the person he was now. She was excited to meet them, that was it. The only time Yixing stopped talking was when they arrived right in front of his grandparents’ house.

He looked at her lovingly.

 

“Are you ready to have the best day of your life?” he said putting his forehead against hers

 

She smiled in return. They entered the house. It was a humble home, it was clean. It had enough space for two people. The place was full of flowers, which may indicate Yixing’s grandparents love for flowers. It was amazing how they kept the flowers alive despite the cold weather.

 

“Nǎinai? Yéye?” (“Grandma? Grandpa?”) Yixing said, looking for his grandparents.

 

A small old lady came out from one of the rooms wearing an apron and rubbed her hands on a towel. She smiled brightly once she laid her eyes on Yixing.

 

“Xiao Yi!” the lady walked towards Yixing and hugged him. Liang Liang watched the two’s reunion. Then the old lady noticed Liang Liang and asked Yixing who she was.

 

“This is Cheng Liang Liang, my girlfriend” Yixing said as he extended his arm towards Liang Liang. She went beside Yixing and bowed to his grandmother.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Cheng Liang Liang. Yixing has been talking a lot about you” she said with a nervous smile.

 

“It’s also nice to meet you, what a pretty lady you are” she said then turned to Yixing who had a proud look on his face.

 

“Let’s eat, your grandfather has been complaining how hungry he was” Grandmother said as she led the two towards the dining room. Yixing smiled seeing his grandfather who was impatiently poking on the food laid on the table.

 

“Yeye!” Yixing greeted happily. He ran towards the old man and hugged him.

 

“Oh! Xiao Yi! You’re finally here. I’ve been waiting for so long, I’m too hungry” he said jokingly

 

“I told you he was hungry” grandmother said, adding another dish on the table.

 

Grandfather kept on laughing while Yixing called Liang Laing to his side. Grandfather was surprised of her presence. It was the very first time they saw Yixing with a girl.

 

“Yeye, I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Cheng Liang Liang” He said putting an arm around her

 

“Yeye, It’s very nice to meet you” she said as she bowed. Grandfather teasingly eyed Yixing before complimenting Liang Liang.

 

“A pretty name for a pretty face” grandfather said as he smiled, then he laughed heartily.

 

“Why don’t we eat while we talk. The food is getting cold” Grandmother stated.

 

All of them sat on the table and started to eat.

 

“You still cook deliciously Nainai” Yixing complemented

 

“So…”grandfather started “it’s the first time Yixing brought a girl in this house. “ he said looking at Liang Liang “I Believe this is his first relationship. We almost thought he was gay for not introducing any girls to us” grandfather said jokingly.

 

“Yeye!” Yixing said

 

“I’m just joking” he said to Yixing while Liang Liang and grandmother laughed.

 

The day went smoothly, most of the time they laughed because of grandfathers endless teasing towards Yixing. Yixing’s grandparents talk of Yixing’s childhood to his girlfriend. They were very fond of the sincere and lovely lady Yixing brought to their house. Yixing’s grandparetns watched as Yixing and Liang Laing laughed and talked with each other.

 

“Don’t they remind you of both of us” Grandfather told grandmother

 

“Not really, I believe Yixing’s much more adorable than you” She teased

 

“Is that so? Well I think Liang Liang can never compare to your beauty” He teased back

 

“Oh stop it” She said, fanning herself. After spending a lot of time together, grandfather still knew how to make his wife blush.

 

“They look good together, don’t they?” Grandmother said as they watched Yixing and Liang Laing water some of the flowers.

 

“Our grandson has picked well” he agreed.

 

“Nainai, these flowers are beautiful. How do you keep them so healthy?” Laing Liang asked while laughing at Yixing who had dirt all over his face.

 

***

 

Before the day ended, it felt as if Liang Liang was their own granddaughter. The girl easily pleased Yixing’s grandparents. Then it was time they left, Yixing’s grandparents wanted them to stay for the night but Yixing rejected since he still had some "special" things to get done before the day ended. Grandfather almost cried in pleading Yixing but Liang Liang promised to visit soon. They bid them farewell and Yixing and Laing Liang headed home. He walked Liang Laing home as they chatted on how much they enjoyed their time at his grandparents’ house. They stopped in front of Liang Liang’s House.

 

“Thank you for introducing me to your grandparents Yixing. They’re great people. Now I know why you turn out to be such a good person. This is really the best day I’ve ever had” she said

 

“The day isn’t over yet” Yixing said as he blew and rubbed her hands to keep her warm.

 

“Cheng Liang Liang. How do you find my grandparents” he asked seriously

 

“I find them adorable and sweet. They did everything together. It must nice growing old with the person you love” she said, happily as she thought of the two people.

 

 “Well then, would you like to grow old with me?” He asked with sincerity but she thought it was a casual question.

 

“Of course! Who wouldn’t want to spend their days with you, Yixing” She said happily. Her expression suddenly shifted from a happy one to a nervous one when the question finally sunk in her mind.

 

“Yixing, Don’t tell me…” she said nervously but at the same time expectantly

 

Right then and there, Yixing took out a small box and kneeled in front of her despite the cold snow on the ground.

 

“Please accept my gift for you this Christmas” he said as he opened the box which revealed a simple diamond ring that sparkled like a star in the sky.

 

“Cheng Liang Liang, do you love me?” he asked, anticipating her answer

 

“Yes” she said, tears forming in her eyes

 

“Cheng Liang Liang, do you want to grow old with me and live a life like my grandparents?”

 

She nodded and smiled

 

“Cheng Liang Liang, do you want to have amazing kids like your husband”

 

“Yes” She laughed

 

“Cheng Liang Liang, will you be mine forever? Please marry me” He said

 

This time, her tears fell but she immediately wiped them away and laughed.

 

“Well…let me think about it..” she said pretending to think of what to answer though it was obvious in her face what she wanted to say.

 

“Yes! Yes! Of course I will!” She replied. Yixing rose and hugged Liang Liang. He faced her and put the ring on her finger. They both looked at the ring and then at each other. Yixing looked at his finace lovingly then captured her lips on his as they share a short but sweet kiss. He leaned on her forehead to keep them close.

 

“Merry Christmas” he said 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Romantic Lay in the house!

 

Merry christmas everyone:)