Baek

Miracles In December

First Story: Byun Baekhyun

This is dedicated to kibummiekiyomi

 

 

 

 

 

“Guys! Open the door! This is not funny!” Scarlett shouted while banging the locked door in front of her.

“Nope. We won’t open until something good happens” Luna, one of her friends, said at the other side of the door.

“Come on! This is not funny!” Scarlett shouted.

“Don’t worry Scar! He won’t bite. Just talk to him” Luna said loud enough only for Scarlett to hear.

“Yah! Are you crazy?”

All she heard were giggles at the other side of the door.

“have fun Scar!” Her friends said

 

***

 

1 hour earlier

 

Scarlett and her friends arrived at the karaoke place. They went inside the room they had reserved earlier.

“Wow! This place is great!” Victoria said.

“Yeah!” Sulli agreed.

“You guys wait here, I’ll order some snacks for us” Krystal Said.

Krystal went outside the room and the others started to have fun. Everyone started to sing along to the music that was playing. Everyone was having fun, when Krystal came running inside the room.

“Guys! Guess who’s also in this K-hub.”

“Who?” Victoria asked

“Baekhyun and the others are here” Krystal said happily

“What?” Scarlett said almost panicking

“And guess who invited them over?” Krystal bragged as she pointed at herself.

“You invited them here?!” Scarlett said

“Yeah. I saw them outside when I ordered us drinks. They were also planning to spend some time here but all rooms are taken, so I asked them to join us. We all belong in the same class anyway” she said

Scarlett turned pale. She didn’t really do well in front of people she’s not close with. To top it off, she was always nervous when it comes to Baekhyun. She has been crushing on the guy for three years, but she just couldn’t make herself confess, she was too shy. They were classmates but they barely talked. If they would talk, it’ll be about school works and such. She was contented to be in the same class as him, but she was not confident to confess her feelings for him.  

“Come on Scar. This is your chance to talk to Him. Don’t wait for another Christmas to pass before you confess.” Luna said

Scarlett did not say anything. Instead she just nodded. She knew well that she could not win against her friends. Anyway, if she decided not to do it, they can’t do anything about it.

Her friends were all giving her encouraging words and tips for confession when a knock on the door was heard. All heads turned to the door. All the girls looked at Scarlett and gave her a ‘Fighting’ pose. Krystal went to the door and opened it for their classmates.

“Hi!” Jin, one of their classmates said as he came in. Four boys were already inside the room, and Scarlett was anxiously waiting for a certain person to come in. Baekhyun, went inside and smiled.

“Hey! Merry Christmas!” He greeted with a smile.

He went towards Scarlett’s direction. Scarlett felt herself stiffen as he sat beside her. he turned to Scarlett and smiled.

“Merry Christmas Scarlett!” He said, he waited for her reply.

“Merry Christmas to you too” she said, almost whispering. She was trembling. She was too nervous to be sitting beside her long time crush and first love. The atmosphere around the two was awkward, it affected their friends as well.

“It’s obvious that they like each other, why don’t they just confess” one of Baekhyun’s friends said to Victoria. They sighed.

“Maybe all they need is a little push” Victoria said. Then an idea popped in her head.

 

***

 

“I can’t believe they locked us up” Scarlett talked to herself.  She leaned her forehead at the door and sighed. Scarlett then felt a presence behind her. She turned around and saw Baekhyun. Their bodies only inches apart. Baekhyun was trying to unlock the door. Scarlett can feel his breath in her cheeks. They were to close for comfort. She held her breath.

“This door really is locked”

Baekhyun looked at Scarlett who was now as red as a tomato. Baekhyun noticed that they were so close to each other. He cleared his throat then backed away a little. Scarlett looked down and tried to calm herself down.

Baekhyun smiled at her shyness ‘She’s Cute…really cute’

“Well, we really can’t do anything but wait” he said as he sat on one of the couches.

Scarlett looked at him and sat beside him, a safe distance between them. She couldn’t afford to embarrass herself in front of him by blushing like crazy again.

It was silent.

“It’s actually better that we’re alone here right now” Baekhyun said

“What?!” Scarlett asked, shocked.

“I mean, it’s more peaceful. Don’t you agree? And we have the karaoke all to ourselves!” he said trying to make the tension between them disappear.

Scarlett laughed at Baekhyun’s words. He was shocked by how loud she laughed.

“You look really good when you laugh. Not that you’re not beautiful when you don’t you just look more beautiful when you do” He said with all honesty.

Scarlett was surprised by his words and started to blush like tomato again.

‘He thinks I’m Beautiful?’ She thought to herself

By his words, Scarlett suddenly felt the courage to tell Baekhyun how she really felt for him. How she had hidden her feeling for three years now. His words had given her a little hope that maybe there was a chance that they could be together as a couple. She was contemplating on what to say, she couldn’t think of the right words. Then she thought of something brilliant.

“I want to sing” Scarlett said

If there was anything Scarlett could express her feeling to, it was through singing. She expressed herself most when she sings. And she wanted to use her singing to confess to the person she had been liking for a long time already.

Baekhyun handed her the microphone. She nervously took the mic. There was no going back, this was the time. she was standing in front of him and he was listening to her.

“I’d like to dedicate this song…” She said nervously “To you, Byun Baekhyun”

The music started to play and she started to sing.

 

 

 

I like you so much and I want to tell you
But I don’t have the courage
I like you too and I want to tell you
But I don’t have the courage

I want to tell you that I love you
I’m afraid that if I hold it in and don’t make a move
You’ll just leave
We just keep worrying

I’m going to control my fluttering heart
And tell you how I feel today
I’m going to muster up my courage too
And tell you how I feel today

When my eyes meet yours, I become flustered and turn away
When I stand in front of you, I turn red like a fool
I love you
I practiced these words over and over again
But I can’t even say it

I want to tell you that I love you
I’m afraid that if I hold it in and don’t make a move
You’ll just leave
We just keep worrying

I’m going to control my fluttering heart
And tell you how I feel today
I’m going to muster up my courage too
And tell you how I feel today

 

 

 

She opened her eyes and looked at Baekhyun who was sitting in front of her. He stared at her then slowly smiled at her. He stood up and went towards Scarlett. He looked intently at Scarlett’s eyes

‘He got what I wanted to say, right?’ Scarlett thought.

Baekhyun was about to say something when Scarlett’s phone rang.

She looked at who was calling her. It was Luna.

‘Great. I’ll blame you guys forever, if this doesn’t work out’ She talked to herself.

She answered the phone call angrily.

“Wae?!” She said

Baekhyun was surprised at Scarlett’s actions. It seemed like he has yet to discover the real Scarlett.

“Why are you so angry? I called to end your suffering and this is what I get?” She said

“You weren’t ending my suffering at all! You added pain, Pabo! How can your timing be so bad!” She said

“Whatever. Just don’t blame me if you never get out of there”

“Just tell me what you want to say!”

“Alright. Chill, okay? The key for the door is at the top of the TV” Krystal said

Scarlett then went to the TV and did find a key for the door. She hang up Krystal’s phone call. Baekhyun scratched the back of his head in confusion.

“I found the key” Scarlett said

“You did?” Baekhyun asked

Scarlett went to the door and opened it then went outside. Scarlett just walked and Baekhyun followed, a confused expression still painted on his face.

“I’ll be going then” Scarlett said then started walking, she was to pissed at Luna’s bad timing that she didn’t mind Baekhyun at all and just left him there.

‘Bad timing Luna! I hate you! Just when I gathered my courage to confess you do this..aish.” She thought

Scarlett was still walking and angrily muttering something when a hand fell on her shoulder. She jumped up in surprise. She slowly turned around and saw a panting Baekhyun.

“You…walk…fast” He said in between breaths

Scarlett looked at him confusedly. After catching his breath, he stood staright.

“It’s late, I’ll walk you home” He unconsciously took her hands and started to walk. His warm hands fit perfectly in hers. She looked at their hands. Baekhyun, noticed she was looking at their hands. He cleared his throat. She looked at him.

“It’s for…protection” he said

She mouthed an ‘O’.

“In that case…” She said as she tightened her grip.

He looked at her then smiled. They silently walked to Scarlett’s house hand in hand. They reached her house.

“This is my stop. Thanks for walking me home Baekhyun” She said shyly still not letting go of his hands.

She was about to let go when he stopped her. She looked at him, waiting for something from him.

“Merry Christmas, Scar” he said as he handed him a small rectangular box, then started to walk away.

Scarlett opened the box and saw an Ipod. She turned it on and played the only track in it a tune started to play, then a she can hear Baekhyun’s voice singing…

 

 

 

The morning I opened my eyes in heart fluttering excitement
It’s like the feeling of untying the ribbon of a present
Every single day of getting to know you

The twinkling lights that decorate the streets
Among those, your eyes are especially like the star light
As if you’re melting in my arms, you come into my embrace

What if you come to me when I’m sleeping?
So I stay up all night, all night in a white daze

Just like the Christmas day that I’ve always waited for
Just like the Christmas day oh! When I think about you
I get excited like a kid just like those days, just like that time
You’re just like Christmas day

In the long and cold season
Only you are the warmth that remains inside my coat
I’m getting filled with only warm memories (so warm)

The white miracle that falls from the once dry sky
It seemed like it wouldn’t come true
The prayer that I was so desperate for even in my dreams

When I opened my eyes in the morning, like the snow outside the window
You silently fell all night, all night

Just like the Christmas day that I’ve always waited for
Just like the Christmas day oh! When I think about you
I get excited like a kid just like those days, just like that time
You’re just like Christmas day

Just like the Christmas day that I’ve always waited for
Just like the Christmas day oh! When I think about you
I get excited like a kid just like those days, just like that time
You’re just like Christmas day

You’re just like Christmas day

 

 

 

 

Scarlett found herself crying after listening to the song Baekhyun made for her. She had nothing else on her mind but to run to Baekhyun. So she did, she found him sitting at the bus stop alone.

Baekhyun heard soft sobs and looked up. She saw a crying Scarlett in front of him, holding his Ipod and headphones still on her ears. She was still sobbing, so he tried to make a joke to make the atmosphere better.

“I didn’t know you’d return the Ipod to me that fast. I actually thought you’d keep it” He said as he scratched the back of his head.

“Did you make this song for me?” She asked

Baekhyun looked at her and nodded.

“So, do you like me too?” she asked

“Too?” he asked, she sobbed louder

“Pabo, Byun Baekhyun! I even sang to you earlier!” she said in between her sobs  

He chuckled.

“I like you Byun Baekhyun” she said still sobbing

Baekhyun was now smiling really wide, he sighed and wiped her tear-stained face.

“I love you Scar” He said as he cupped her face and rubbed her cheeks.

“Will you be mine?” she stopped crying and smiled at Baekhyun

“Yes” she hugged him. “this is the best Christmas ever” she added. Baekhyun chuckled then pulled away from her hug. He cupped her chin, and started intently in her eyes.

“I Love you Scarlett” he slowly lowered his head and softly pressed his lips on hers as they share their first kiss.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N First Story is Baekhyun! Ye-he!

 

This is a rough draft..:)

 

PIctures are not mine

 

Story is mine, PLease do not plagiarze:)

 

Merry Christmas Everyone!