Two

You Love Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Min? Who’s here?”

 

A tired voice startled Kyungri and she almost dropped the frame she was holding when a grandmother appeared from the kitchen. She stared at Kyungri and Kyungri stared back. This went on like forever until Jin's mother spoke and Kyungri bowed.

 

“Mom, she’s Kyungri. Our ne-”

“Are you Jin’s girlfriend? That kid had never brought a girlfriend back. This is so-”

“Mother! She’s our friend’s daughter from Canada! Not Jin’s girlfriend.”

 

Jin’s mother explained. Kyungri stares at them awkwardly, not knowing what to do. She was surprised very surprised when the grandmother pouts.

 

“And I thought I could be happy for once.”

 

She mumbles loud enough for Kyungri to hear. Kyungri smiled at her.

 

Jin did not bring a girlfriend back before?

 

“Annyeong. I’m Kyungri.”

She greeted, pushing all the awkward thoughts away. She bowed respectfully at the elderly.

 

I liked her already.

 

She thought and smiled at Kyungri in return.

“Call me halmeoni.”

“Neh.”

 

She answered and smiled. She felt welcomed and was happy to be treated like a family.

“Okay. You two talk while I prepare dinner.”

 

Mrs Kim said disappearing into the kitchen. While that, Kyungri chatted and interacted with grandma which was kind of relieving? She started off with random subjects until it suddenly all focuses about Jin. His favorite food, his favorite color, his personality, everything about him. Not wanting so look rude, Kyungri nods her head and went along the flow. She wasn’t actually listening to her anymore as the talk turns out to all about that stupid jerk.

As the two of them continued talking, well actually, grandma had been the only one talking; Kyungri did not realize that it was already 5:45 and she felt slightly hungry. The last time she ate was like… in the plane? She can’t actually remember.

Kyungri excused herself to the bathroom. From the washroom, she heard the front door slammed open, followed by the sound of footsteps.

 “I’m back!”

 

She heard a voice said. She assume it as Jin? She’s not quite sure though despite not hearing his voice since seven. Leaning her ear closer to the door, she heard several m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter