EIGHT

August Rain

 

 


 

Luhan looked around, trying to find the girl who was supposed to be his companion tonight. But he couldn’t get the sight of her anywhere on the venue. He then spotted Suho’s figure near the music stage. The guy seemed to enjoy the music that came from the violinist girl.

 

“Suho” Luhan called as he approached him. Suho lowered the wine glass that he had taken a sip earlier as he looked at the older guy. “Do you know where Ling is?”

 

The CEO’s brows knitted. “I thought she’s with you,” he said, “She told me that she wanted to look for you.”

 

Luhan shook his head, “No, she’s not with me” he looked at the crowd again, still trying to find her; concerned and worry look on his face “Tsk. Where is she?”

 

“Have you tried to call her?” Luhan fished out his phone due to the suggestion and tried to call her. But after a few tone, he heaved a sigh and hung up “She didn’t pick up.”

 

“Should we look for her?” Suho suggested. Luhan looked back at him while pocketed his phone and nodded “Yes, I think we should” he looked around and pointed to the left side of the stage “Try to look there. I’ll look to the other side.”

 

Suho looked at the appointed direction then nodded as he turned back to Luhan “Alright. I’ll call you if I find her” then he went to the direction.

 

On his search, his feet eventually brought Suho to the Garden area. The place was a little bit away from the Opening Night venue. But it was quiet and a perfect place if someone wanted to have a time alone in the middle of the party. So Suho guessed it was a perfect for the timid girl like Ling.

 

He stopped and looked around, trying to guess which direction he should take. Following his instinct, he took the left side. But then, his step stopped as he heard voices.

 

Or to be precise, Park Yoochun’s voice that mentioned a particular name… Park Yoori.

 

But Suho caught a hint of hatred on his voice as he mentioned the name. It made him thinking that the guy might be with the said girl. But he also wondered who Park Yoori was and why Park Yoochun seemed to put much hatred on her. Out of curiosity, Suho went to the voice direction and eventually found the guy on the terrace of the garden.

 

And to his surprise, the girl who was with her was none other than… Ling.

 

What the hell is she doing there with Park Yoochun?

 

From the guy’s look, Suho knew that Yoochun seemed to keep hatred toward Ling; although he didn’t know why. But his heart sank as he saw Ling’s expression. She looked terrified; it really made Suho wanting to come to her aide. But…

 

“Don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten the name?” Yoochun asked the girl across of him while she only looked at him. “It’s something that reminds us that you’re connected to my family…” he paused with a scorn look on his face “…as an illegitimate child of my father.”

 

Suho widened his eyes as he heard those words. He couldn’t believe his ears. Ling was Mr. Park’s illegitimate daughter?

 

“A disgrace.”

 

Ling didn’t reply and only dropped her gaze.

 

“So tell me. Why do you come back in the time like this? Are you trying to claim your right as part of our family? Or are you trying to get your share? I think my mother has made it clear that you or your filthy mother don’t have the right to our family’s fortune or to show yourself in front of—“

 

“I’m not trying to claim my right!”

 

Seriously, Suho surprised to know that Ling could raise her voice like that.

 

“I’m coming to Korea because Young Master Lu brought me here to work. And I don’t have any intention to show myself in front of you or your family.”

 

Yoochun’s brow rose, “But still, you appeared in front of Yoohwan as Mr. Kim’s EPA. How can I guarantee that you won’t come to our doorstep on the next days ahead?”

 

Ling just clenched her fists on her dress. “It’s just a pure coincidence,” she mumbled with her soft voice.

 

It really made Suho’s heart sinking. It hurt him to see Ling unable to defend herself as someone accused her for something that she wouldn’t do. Suho believed that she had no intention of showing herself to Yoochun’s family. He didn’t know why but he just believed in her. So he had to do something for her.

 

Regardless she was an illegitimate daughter or not, she was still Lu Su Ling for him. And Suho had fallen for her…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoochun just scoffed then looked at Ling with cold stare as if he was threatening her. “Coincidence or not, I’ll make it clear once again. Don’t ever show yourself—“

 

“Ling.”

 

Yoochun stopped immediately as he heard the call. Both of them turned to see who had called the girl and they saw Suho standing on the entrance way of the platform.

 

Ling’s eyes widened to see him coming. She gasped and stiffened. Although Ling felt a little relief as she saw him there, she was afraid and nervous with the thought that Suho might have heard their conversation earlier. What he would think about her, it was something that worried her the most. “S-sir”

 

Suho smiled. “There you are,” he said as he approached her, “I’ve been looking for you everywhere. I thought you were looking for Luhan.”

 

But this guy acted as if he had known nothing. Perhaps, he didn’t hear. “Ah, sorry, Sir,” she dropped her gaze “I got caught up with the view here” she raised her gaze to see him looking around before back at her. “You’re right. This place is beautiful.”

 

Then he turned to Yoochun and nodded at him “Mr. Park,” he greeted him.

 

The said guy returned his greet with a smile. “Well, I guess I’d better leave now,” his voice sounded light, as if nothing had happened. But when he turned his gaze at Ling, Ling gasped in fear. His gaze was piercing at her although a smile was plastered on his lips “Nice to have a conversation with you, Miss Lu” he nodded at Ling but Ling quickly dropped her gaze.

 

“And good evening, Mr. Kim. I guess I’ll see you back in Seoul. I believe that we still have a deal to talk about.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Park. See you in Seoul,” Suho replied.

 

And Ling heard the heels tacking away from the place. But a rush of fear and worry came to her at once. She had forgotten that Wu Enterprise and JYJ Enterprise were in the middle of negotiating their partnership. Now she was afraid that her presence at Wu Enterprise would bring a big influence on the deal.

 

Ottoke?

 

Yoochun held the highest leadership within JYJ Enterprise; he was the last decision maker of every important deal there. If the deal had failed, she couldn’t forgive herself.

 

“Ling.”

 

Gasp. Ling literally jumped as she felt a pat on her bare arm. She turned. But on the moment she looked into his eyes and felt the warmth of his palm touching her bare skin, Ling felt a rush of comforting wave coming to her. It washed away all her fears and worries. She then felt all the tension suddenly left her body and her knees became so weak; she stumbled.

 

But Suho caught her in his embrace, in reflex, to support her. “Ling, are you alright?”

 

He sounded worried. But to hear his voice and to feel his warmth, it brought comfort to her. She wanted to stay longer within those comfort. But she thought that it was improper for her to lean on him. So she quickly pushed herself away of him. “I’m sorry, Sir. I’m…” but her knees were too weak to support her.

 

As she stumbled again, she felt an arm rounded on her waist from behind and pulled her till her back banged onto his chest.

 

“No, you’re not alright, Ling” he helped her to sit on the bench and kneeled in front of her; worry frown on his face “You look pale. Should I get you a drink?”

 

He stood up, wanting to leave. But Ling quickly grabbed his suit and made him stop. “No” Suho looked back to her “Can you just stay here for a while?” she begged.

 

Suho heaved a sigh then stepped to her side and sat beside her. For some moment, they were just sitting there in silent. Ling was trying to calm herself while Suho was just watching at her. But many things were going through Suho’s mind; the fact that Ling was Mr. Park illegitimate child, that she was connected to Park Yoochun, that Yoochun and his family hated her and couldn’t accept her presence. Perhaps, it might give an effect to their deal as well.

 

But Suho wanted to put them all aside for now. As for now, he was more concerned to the girl who sat beside him.

 

“Ling.” The girl looked at him; she looked calmer than before “Sorry for asking. But are you really Mr. Park…” Suho stopped since he saw Ling looking away. But she nodded to reply his question.

 

“Did Luhan know about it?”

 

She shook her head this time. “Han-gege never knows about it. So don’t ever tell him, please” she begged him.

 

Suho’s brows knitted. “Do you worry that he will despise you if he knows?” As if he was right, Ling dropped her gaze. Why did he felt offended to know that Ling was concerned about Luhan’s thought more than his? But he couldn’t let his feeling taking control of his action. Suho puffed an air through his lips and leaned forward.

 

“I don’t think that Luhan will despise you even if he knows. Neither of us will do” he dropped his gaze to his hand “Even if they do” Suho looked back at her “At least, I won’t despise you” he smiled “You’re still the Lu Su Ling from the General Affair department of Wu Enterprise, the one who always amazed me with your brilliant presentations and ideas. Do you think it can be changed easily?”

 

“But how about the deal with JYJ Enterprise?”

 

Suho pressed his lips and leaned back. “Don’t think about it too much. Let me be the one who worries about it.”

 

Ling dropped her gaze and bit her lower lip. Even so, she still worried. But then, she felt his palm on her back. She looked back to him and found him giving her a comforting smile.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Even if it’s failed, it’s not your fault and it will never be your fault.”

 

Ling looked at him, trying to find something that would make her feeling guiltier; it would make her feeling better if Suho put a blame on her. But she only saw a gentle and kind gaze that convinced her to put a faith on him; that everything would gonna be alright. And she was convinced.

 

But then, Suho frowned and withdrew his hand then folded them on his chest. “But more than that, I think you supposed to worry about how to pay me back.” “Huh?” a sly smirk came on his face. “You call me sir for many times tonight.”

 

“Eh?” he could really think about it on a moment like this. And she chuckled. “Sir, do you think it’s a proper time to count my mistakes?”

 

He just smirked. “At least you’re able to laugh again.”

 

The words put a break on Ling’s smile as her heart started to beat faster. She bit her lower lip and dropped her gaze. “Thank you” and for once, Ling thought that she would be able to say those two words; she looked back to him “Su—ah, no—Joonmyeon-ssi” she quickly dropped her gaze as she mentioned the name; blush on her cheeks.

 

A smile of satisfaction bloomed on Suho’s lips. It was actually more than he wanted. Suho was fine but Joonmyeon…

 

Ah, can he hold this feeling any longer? Should he confess? Probably he should.

 

“Ling…”

 

 

 

*Brrt, Brrt*

 

The vibration of his phone cut his speech. Suho quickly fished out his phone from pocket. It was Luhan who called him. “Yes, Luhan?” he almost growled answering the call “if you’re wanting to ask about Ling, I’ve found her. She’s with me right now.”

 

It’s not about that.”

 

Something bad struck within his heart when he heard Luhan’s voice. On the same moment, he realized that the music had stopped. He stood up and turned his gaze to the party area.  Something was definitely wrong. “What happened?”

 

Suho, you’d better come here quickly.”

 

“Something happened? I’m not hearing the music anymore.”

 

Yes, Madam Wu caused a ruckus and Hana fell—“ “Wait. Hana fell?” Suho interjected as cast a quick glance to Ling and saw her standing up; perhaps she sensed something wrong happening and Suho was needed.

 

Yeah, but Kris already took care of it and Kyungsoo is accompanying her back. I’ll tell you everything when you got here. But come here, right now.”

 

“Alright, I’m on my way. Just make sure that the show keeps going” Without saying goodbye, Suho lowered his phone and walked with her.

 

“Something happened to Hana-ssi?” “I don’t know” Suho said as he looked for Kyungsoo’s number on his phone. Ah, found it and dial… now “But I think we need to go there fast” he told Ling quickly before pressing his phone back on his ear.

 

“Kyungsoo” he said as soon as the younger picked up “where are you, is Hana with you?”

 

I escorted Hana to their suite…

 

For a moment, he was glancing at Ling to check whether the girl was still following him or not. He realized that he had picked up his pace as he walked. So the girl must have left behind.

 

“…is the party still alive?”

 

“Is she okay?” Wait, what? Oh, Kyungsoo was asking about the party. Grrr, his concern to Ling distracted him. Furthermore, he also saw Kris walking away from the place. Gosh, that guy is really lazy to handle the public matter; he released an exasperated sigh. “Yes, it is… thankfully…”

 

That’s good to know… I’m on my way down,” Kyungsoo said as Suho made his way to the music stage. “Alright… I’ll see you in a bit.”

 

Suho cut off the line right after Kyungsoo said bye. Okay, he lied a little bit to Kyungsoo. But the latter must have known that it would break Tao’s heart if something ruined this event. But wait

 

Ah, right. Ling. He needed to tell her something later.

 

He turned to Ling and found the girl wanting to leave as she had spotted Luhan. He quickly grabbed her arm “Ling.”

 

The girl turned, looking confuse because he had stopped her. “Yes, sir?”

 

“Before I forget… Uhm… After this event finished, can I talk with you privately?”

 

For a moment, she looked confuse, worry and partly scared. “Is there anything wrong, Sir?”

 

Suho quickly shook his head. “No… it’s just… Umm… I just need to talk with you about something.”

 

She seemed understand although certain feelings had not completely disappeared from her expression. “Alright, sir.”

 

“Thank you”

 

Even though Suho felt reluctant, he released her arm and let her going back to Luhan. He swore that he felt something tugging inside his heart when he saw Ling with Luhan. Releasing a sigh, he then turned to the stage.

 

Yeah, he would need to deal with this issue before he could confess to her.

 


Author note:

Revised~ hehe :D Sorry for the confussion. And forgive me if this chapter seems rushed or has plenty of error (I finished it in hurry). But what happened to Hana is really breaking my heart, do you think so?

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and reading this story. I hope you enjoy reading the story. Chapternapping, everyone? 8 more comments are fine~ Pretty pretty pleasee~ LOL :D