FIFTEEN

August Rain

Update : fixing grammars. Thank you for Seobiee123 for becoming beta-reader and editing this chapter.


 

It was just a quiet and peaceful night on Han River where everyone could stroll or cycle along the riverbank. And there they were, Suho and Ling, walking and talking. The girl was chuckling at the funny moment that Suho has told her earlier.

 

“You were seriously falling for Gege when you saw him with long hair?”

 

Suho chuckled in embarrassment as he scratched his head “Yes, I was. But did you realize that he is too beautiful for a guy?”

 

Ling smiled and nodded “Yes, I must admit that. I always feel defeated by his beauty” She turned to face Suho while walking backward “But you definitely can’t tell him about it. I’m sure that he will bring out this matter whenever he can” she turned around again and walked by his side.

 

“Alright, let this be our little secret then” Ling only nodded. He looked at her “But seriously, I really think that you’re beautiful too.”

 

Ling felt heat rushed to her face. She wasn’t used to being praised like this. Ling fidgeted and tried to look away “Well, thank you, Sir.”

 

Upon hearing the noun, Suho heaved a deep sigh “Oh, Ling. In times like this, I really wish that you can call me by my name. There’s no need to call me Joonmyeon. At least, call me Suho like the others.”

 

“W-well, I ever called you by your name,” she shyly admitted “When?” “When the both of us were in Jeju” A playful smirk formed on Suho’s face “And after that? I never heard you calling my name again.” Gulp “But I do call you by your name.”

 

Suho stopped in front of her, making the girl stop and fixed her gaze on him. “Mind to tell me when you called my name again?” Aish, this guy is so persistent “Every time.” “I’ve never heard them.” “I-I did.” Ling dropped her gaze and continued her speech in soft yet still audibe voice “In my heart.”

 

The guy only laughed to hear her confession. “Well, now you have to let it out” He lifted the girl’s chin with his finger until she looked at him in the eye “Don’t call me within your heart since I can’t hear you. I want to hear it from your mouth.”

 

Ling fixed her gaze on him, admiring his angelic face and gentle eyes; those eyes were drawing her in. Call her mischievous but she actually wanted to challenge-slash- a bit “What if I don’t?”

 

A gentle smirk formed on Suho’s lips. “Don’t tempt me to punish you.” He warned as he s his hand around her waist and drew her closer.

 

The next thing that Ling knew was the distance between them was closed up and he had his lips on hers. When his lips touched hers, it felt like… heaven.

 

 

 

Ling’s eyes fluttered open. The first thing that she saw was the clock on the tableside. 5.47 AM was displayed. She looked around and realized that she was still on her bedroom. So it was only a dream; a stupid one, if she might add.

 

Hell yes! She dreamt that Suho kissed her, everyone.

 

But it felt so surreal. She woke up with her feeling still floating somewhere above cloud nine. And the warmth still lingered on her lips. So this is how it feels to be kissed, she thought. Call her innocent but she has never experienced it before.

 

Then something struck her conscious, making her realize something. “Ugh, why does it have to be him?” She groaned then slapped her own forehead “Stupid Ling.”

 

Somehow, she really wished that the dream wouldn’t affect her later. Or probably if she was lucky enough, she doesn’t have to meet Suho all day today so she could calm herself. But as if it’ll come true, she sarcastically thought. Suho was her boss and how she could not meet him for work-related?

 

Whatever… she heaved a defeated sigh before lifting herself off the bed to prepare for work. The only thing that she could hope was for Suho not to call her today; either it was to replace Hana or for lunch-slash-dinner invitation.

 

 

 

Today, Suho arrived at the office with a happy yet nervous feeling. How could he not? He had a dinner date with Ling last night and has frankly told her that she was beautiful as well; Suho couldn’t help but to smile each time he remembered how she was blushing so hard after. And on the top of all, he was in love.

 

So nothing would bring his mood down today. Not even when he received Hana’s message to inform him that she will be late, or even when Hana came to his office and informed him of her decision to leave the company.

 

It made him feel bad knowing that the said girl could no longer work for him; she was a good assistant and definitely a friend of his. But he knew that it was for the best; he believed that Hana’s decision was the best for her situation. Suho had known ever since the beginning that Hana has become the center of everyone’s attention because she managed to become Kris’ girlfriend. As per Kris’ order, he has also managed to keep the news away from her. Nevertheless, he was also happy that the couple could reunite soon in China.

 

After Hana left his office, Suho took his phone and dialled Sehun’s number. “Hello?” He heard Sehun’s voice on the other side. And after hearing his composed yet playful voice, Suho knew that the younger guy was not in his condo. Perhaps that guy was out for his ritual bubble tea at this hour. Bubble tea on 10.30 in the morning, get real Oh Sehun.

 

“Sehun, it’s Suho. Are you at the office right now?”

 

I am. Why?”

 

“Can you come to my office? I really need to talk to you.”

 

Why?”

 

“It’s about Hana.”

 

A pause came before Sehun replied with a change of tone in his voice “Alright, I’ll be on my way.”

 

Suho muttered a “thanks” before he hang up and put his phone back on the table. He sat back on his chair and leaned back. So this is it; the moment that he has been expecting where he would need to let Hana leave and promote Ling to replace her.

 

To thought of having Ling to work under him, it brought a smile back to his face; at least he could see her all the time. Then he remembered that he would need to call Luhan for his permission as well to inform him about the replacement; Ling was working under him after all. So he took his phone again and dialled Luhan’s number.

 

Hello?”

 

“Luhan, it’s me, Suho. Are you busy now?”

 

Not really. I’m just running some errands for Kris. Why?”

 

“Well, Hana just came to see me after her meeting with Kris’ grandmother—“

 

Has she made her decision?” Luhan interrupted. But somehow, his voice has become more serious. “Yes, she has. She has decided to leave for CUBE.”

 

Suho could hear the older guy heaving “Great. Now I only wish that Kris won’t go all berserk and come up with plan to bulldoze CUBE.” Suho only scoffed “You know that he won’t. He has promised to respect her decision, right? Besides, CUBE belongs to his grandmother now.” “Yeah, but still, we don’t know what the guy is capable of doing.”

 

Suho shook his head. “Anyway, I called to let you know that I will process Ling’s promotion to become my EPA officially. Hana will leave in two days and I will need someone to help me here.”

 

Yeah, sure. But Suho…” “Yeah?” “When Ling is working for you, I ask you not to get her into trouble.” As if I will, Suho scoffed “Alright. But why would I put her into trouble if she works so well?” “Oh, you know what I’m talking about.” then Suho heard him gasping in horror “Don’t tell me that you’ve dragged her into your bed. If you have really done it, I swear I’m going to fly to Seoul right now to kick your .”

 

Suho rolled his eyes upon hearing Luhan’s words. But the knocks on his door made him looked away. Suho saw Sehun entering the room “Don’t worry. I didn’t and never will without her consent. By the way, Sehun is here. I’ll talk to you later, okay.” Suho hung up afterward.

 

“Who is that?” Sehun asked as he approached the table and sat on the guest seat “Luhan.” Suho replied as he put his phone down. He noticed a cup of bubble tea on the younger one’s hand “Isn’t it a little bit early for bubble tea?”

 

Sehun looked at the cup on his hand and smiled. “There’s no such thing as too early or too late for bubble tea.” He then took a sip on his drink. “So, what’s the matter?”

 

Suho took a quick glance to his watch. “I’ll make this quick since I will have a meeting soon. I want you to prepare Hana’s recommendation letter.” The younger one shot his gaze to him; his brows were raised “Hana has decided to leave?” Suho heaved a sigh. “Apparently, yes” He pushed an envelope toward the younger one. “It’s her resignation letter. She just submitted to me a while ago.”

 

The younger guy took the letter and frowned in sympathy as he looked at it. “That’s too bad. I’m starting to get used to her presence around here.” Suho smirked, “But it’s for the best, isn’t it? And while you’re on it, please process Ling’s promotion as Executive Personal Assistant as well. I need her to work right away.”

 

Sehun grinned “Fine. But are you sure that you want her to be your EPA?”

 

Suho shot him a look and replied sarcastically “I think I remember that you were the one who recommended her”

 

Sehun grinned. “Okay,” he said, “I’ll process them right away so you can expect them by the end of the day. When do you plan to break the news to Ling?” “Probably tomorrow. My schedule is packed for today.” “Okay then.”

 

Sehun then stood up from the chair and turned to leave. But he turned back to the CEO again when he reached the door. “By the way, hyung” Suho looked up from the document and saw Sehun grinning at him “After Ling works for you, do me a favor and control your goddamn hormones, okay? The last thing I’d want to see is to walk into your office and find you having .”

 

Suho only rolled his eyes as the youngest boss walked out from his room. Why does everyone assume that he would take advantage of Ling after the girl works for him?

 

 

 

On the next day, Ling was called to Suho’s office after lunch break. She quickly went up to the 35th floor since she just came back from lunch. As she passed the EPA’s office, she saw that the door was opened and a box was sitting on the table. She thought of Hana. She shoved that thought away as she didn’t want to make Suho to wait much longer. She knocked on the door as she arrives at the CEO’s door step.

 

“Come in.”

 

And it was her cue to open the door. The young CEO welcomed her with a smile. But Ling saw that Suho wasn’t alone in the room; Hana was there, with him, sitting on the guest chair, waving and smiling at her.

 

“You called me, Sir?” Ling asked, afraid that she has interrupted some things. “Yes.” Suho signalled her to come closer. “Have a seat, Ling.” he pointed to the empty guest chair beside Hana then looked back at the document that he was reading earlier. Ling sat on the chair and stiffened all over.

 

Suho signed and closed the document before returning it to Hana, earning him a ‘thank you’ from the girl. He then turned to Ling and suddenly, an amusement smile broke on his face. “Relax, Ling. You didn’t do any mistakes. I called you to inform that you’re no longer working for Luhan. Starting from now on, you’ll officially replace Hana as my EPA.”

 

“Huh?” Ling shot a look to Hana “You’re leaving?” Hana only smiled and nodded “Yes, I am. Today is my last day.”

 

“That’s why, Hana” Suho said as the two girls turned to look at him. “I need you to have a proper handover to Ling. Tell her the things she needs to know so she can start tomorrow.” “Yes, Sir.” Hana gave him a little salute, making him smile.

 

Ling thought of Luhan. “But how about Mr. Lu, Sir? I still have some unfinished work.” Suho smiled at her, “Don’t worry. I have informed Luhan about your promotion. Sehun is trying to find someone to replace your position right now. Hopefully he can find someone before Luhan comes back from China. But I’ll let you finish your work for him today.” Upon hearing, Ling only could nod, feeling a little bit sorry to be apart from Luhan; although they were only separated by floors.

 

“If there’s no question, I want you to clean your desk downstairs and move here by today.” “I understand, Sir.” Suho smiled again and looked at the two girls “I believe that both of you have many things to do. So you may leave now.”

 

Hana stood up after muttering a ‘thank you’ and Ling followed suit. Both of them bowed and left the room. Hana closed the door after they went out and walked toward her office with Ling following her.

 

“You’re really leaving?” Ling asked when they entered the EPA’s office “But I thought you will choose to transferr to Wu Prime?”

 

“So you know about the bet, too” Hana gestured her to take a seat so Ling sat on the guest chair while the girl went to her chair. “Gege told me” A soft smile appeared on Hana’s face before she heaved “So…” she clapped her hands “From where do we start?”

 

And Hana started to tell her about everything that she did every single day, starting from the fact that she always started her day ten minutes before nine so she could amend any changes on Suho’s schedule, and also what she would need to do for Suho; like running errands for him, delivering documents, cancelling his appointments and many others.

 

Hana also told her about his favorite and how to distinct his moods. She told her that Suho wasn’t always nice; he could throw tempers. And when he had spoken bluntly or with empty manners or when he started his day with blank face or his eyes screamed bloody murders, Hana suggested her not to bother the guy for the day. She also told her to leave Suho alone whenever he was busy; the guy didn’t like to be bothered when he was working unless it was something very important and could be very cold regardless of who he was talking to when he wasn’t in the mood. She even warned her about Suho’s workaholic habit so she suggested Ling to remind Suho for lunch and buy him lunch if he decides to work in lunch time.

 

 

 

At the end of the day, Ling finally returned to her desk at General Affair Department and puffed a breath as she sat down on her chair. There were many things running on her mind right now, and mostly they were all about Suho as her boss. Looking at her note that she took earlier, she realized that Suho was actually a strict and workaholic boss; that he could actually be angry and throw his tempers as well. Although she always became afraid of someone’s throwing anger, she was looking forward to see that side of Kim Joonmyeon.

 

Ling heaved and looked up to her table. Ah, right, she need to clear up her desk and move her stuffs up to the EPA’s office. But first, she would need to finish her reports for Luhan. And it also meant an overtime working. Ling heaved another sigh. She really hates staying late at the office.

 

When Ling was done with all the reports and put them on Luhan’s table, both hands of the clock struck ‘12’. The room was empty and the lights had gone out, except for few desk lamps. But Ling still needed to move her stuffs to EPA’s office. She didn’t want to wait until tomorrow since she didn’t want to extend her working hours. So she cleaned her table and put her things into a box.

 

As she cleaned up, she suddenly heard whooshing sound somewhere. She stopped and looked to her surroundings. She was sure that she was alone. But she felt something that made the hair on her nape standing. Suddenly, she saw a faint white shadow passing by the window in flash. Oooh, this is why she hates staying late at the office.

 

Ling quickly squatted while closing her eyes; hands on her ears while she was muttering ‘there’s no ghost, there’s no ghost’ like a chant. Yes, she was afraid of ghosts. And please blame Luhan for it. The guy always scared her with ghost stories since they were kids.

 

Suddenly… tap, she felt a hand on her shoulder. It made her gasping in fear. But…

 

“Ling.”

 

Looking around, she found a familiar comforting face. Suddenly, relief washed over her; she was glad to see the person. She stood up and rounded her arms on the person’s waist while leaning her head on the shoulder. As she leaned, she could hear the heartbeat and she could feel the body’s warmth. Those things made her sure that she was hugging a human.

 

For a moment, she could feel the person’s body stiffening; probably feeling surprised by her sudden action. But then, she could also feel the person’s arm lifting and caressing her hair.

 

“Ling, are you alright?”

 

Her eyes suddenly opened. She stiffened upon hearing the comforting voice and her heart fluttered again. Omo, she just realized something. The person that tapped her shoulder, the one that she saw and she was hugging was actually… Kim Joonmyeon!

 

Gasping, Ling quickly lowered her hands and moved back; face blushing madly. “S-s-sir. I’m sorry, Sir.”

 

But he looked worry “Are you alright? You seem afraid.”

 

Ling couldn’t tell him. “I-I’m fine, Sir” then the blob sound from the water dispenser surprised her, making her grabbing Suho’s coat.

 

Suho sniggered to see Ling’s reaction. “That’s the water dispenser, Ling.” But the girl still looked scared “Don’t tell me you’re afraid of ghosts?” The girl only bit her lower lip. He chuckled in amusement and his eyes fell to the woman’s bag on her desk. Pointing at the bag, he asked “Is that your bag?”

 

The girl nodded and he took it. “Alright, let’s go home now.” he grabbed the girl’s hand and pulled her along while he walked toward the elevator.

 

“But, Sir, my stuffs…” she said as he pressed the down button. Suho whipped his head at her “You can move them tomorrow.” He looked back to the floor indicator’s panel “I’ll give you special permission.”

 

The elevator’s door dinged open and Suho entered, pulling Ling along. He pressed the lower ground button. Ling looked at the guy as the elevator went down. She realized that Suho was still holding onto her hand and her bag.

 

“S-sir, you can release my hand now.” “Are you still afraid?” Ling went silent upon the question and dropped her gaze. Yes, she was still afraid. But the warmth that she felt from Suho’s hand has made her fear subside.

 

“Ling?” Ling lifted her gaze and saw Suho looking at her “Are you driving Luhan’s car today?” she nodded. “Did you park it at his usual place?” “Yes.” “Then leave the car for tonight. I will drive you home.” “But—“ “It’s better than to go home alone. You’re still afraid, aren’t you? If anything were to happen to you while you’re driving, I don’t know how I should face Luhan.”

 

Gulp “Okay, Sir.” A soft gentle smile appeared on Suho’s face. “Have you eaten?” Ling quickly replied with nods. She didn’t want to trouble Suho further. “Good.” Suho then looked back to the floor indicator panel.

 

As she looked at him, there was something that made Ling curious. “Why are you here, Sir?”

 

That moment, Suho released her hand and scratched the side of his head, thinking of how to answer the question that Ling threw him. “Well… ehm… I… ehm… my work ended late as well and I saw that you weren’t at your new office yet so I decided to check on you.” He pocketed his hand.

 

Ling noticed his awkward behavior. She was certain that his reason was more than that; somehow she thought that the guy might be waiting for her. She dropped her gaze and tried to suppress the urge to smile. Somehow it’s hard not to smile or to squeal “Thank you, Sir.”

 

Suho smiled. “You’re welcome.”

 

 

 

 

On the next day, although Suho had given her extra time move to her new office, Ling decided to come early to finish her unfinished business on the General Affair Department before going up to the Executive office. She arrived to her new office fifteen minutes before nine. It gave her ample time to settle on her new desk and double check her boss’ schedule for the day while waiting for him to arrive. To lessen the workload for Ling on her first day, Hana was kind enough to upload Suho’s schedule into his tablet yesterday.

 

Ding. The sound of the elevator was the cue for Ling to get ready for the day. She took the tablet and stepped out of her office. “Good mor…” her voice trailed off and her smile dropped as she saw the person who stood in front of her.

 

Instead of seeing Suho, Ling saw a girl with long straight hair and pretty face. She was wearing a white one piece sundress that engulfed her curvy body perfectly. Her beauty was beautifully elegant. She smiled as she saw Ling. “Hi,” she greeted Ling cheerfully “You must be Joonmyeon-oppa’s personal assistant, right?”

 

Ling was trying very hard to supress the frown from forming on her face. But… Oppa?

 

She swore that she vividly remembered Kim Joonmyeon didn’t have any sisters. Luhan told her that Suho was an only child. So who is this girl?

 

Then, the girl offered her hand to be shaken, in which Ling took awkwardly “Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Hyeri.”

 

Ling was reminded of the name of a guest who wanted to meet Suho a few days back. “Ah, Mr. Kim hasn’t arrived yet. Is there—“

 

Another ding sound was heard and the two girls looked at the direction where the sound came from. There he was, walking towards them.

 

“Oppa!” Kim Hyeri quickly greeted him with her cheerful yet cute voice. Suho quickly stopped on his track and lifted his gaze as he heard the call. A frown soon formed on his face as the girl approached; he looked surprised. Perhaps, the girl’s visit was unexpected. “H-Hyeri? What are you doing here?”

 

Both corners of the girl’s lips tug upward. “I’ve come to see you.”

 

Suho stared at the girl before he turned his gaze to Ling. He moved forward and took the tablet from Ling. “Is this my schedule for the day?”

 

“Ye-ss, Sir.” Ling quickly replied him although she found Suho’s behaviour weird. As far as she remembered, Suho did not reacted like this when she mentioned Kim Hyeri’s name to him a few days ago. But she kept her face straight and chose not to ask anything.

 

Suho looked at the tablet and scrolled through the data before returning it to Ling. “They’re all approved. Just remind me again when it’s time for the meetings.”

 

Nodding, she replied “Yes, Sir.”

 

Suho turned his gaze back to Kim Hyeri and grabbed the girl’s arm “Come on. Let’s talk in my office” He dragged the girl into his office.

 

As they walked toward the CEO’s office, Ling couldn’t help but to stare at them in suspicious. Suho pushed the girl to enter before him and shut the door behind. Ling finally pouted. What’s wrong with those two?

 

Actually, it wasn’t her first time seeing Suho with girls. However, this time, she felt that there was something different with Kim Hyeri, especially when Suho dragged her to his office in a hurry. They were definitely close, she thought. She couldn’t stop thinking that Kim Hyeri might be someone special to Suho; his girlfriend, might be.

 

Ugh.

 

Again, that annoying feeling was tugging in her heart. She felt like there was something pressing out from the bottom of her stomach pit and filled her chest, suffocating her. Tears were starting to form in her eyes. Ling tried to look up at the ceiling and blinked the tears away. There was actually nothing for her to cry about. She told herself that it was fine for Suho to have a girlfriend; he was definitely old enough to be dating someone. In fact, anyone he likes. But why does she have tears in her eyes?

 

Oh, gosh… what is happening to her?

 

 


 

Wogh... this fic really have surpassed 280 subbies and 5000 views. Waaaaaiiii~ thank you so much. Thank you for all the readers, the subscribers and all of you who put comments. Please forgive all the grammar errors because it's still un-beta-ed.

 

And there... a blowing kiss from Luhan because you're all so kind to me.

 

Hmm.. should I end this fic mid-way? Hehehe~

 

And thank you for these upvoters: