TWENTY THREE

August Rain

 


Stream of golden rays escaped from the thin gaps of the white curtains, falling to the restful face of Wu Enterprise’s CEO who was sleeping in the right part of Queen-sized bed on the spacious bed room. It made him groaning and awaking him from his slumber. His eyes fluttered open as he stretched out his body. He felt like he had awaked from the most soundly sleep that he had never experienced before. It was very nice and comfortable. He was wondering why he never had a sleep like that before. As he turned his gaze, he started to understand the reason why.

 

Beside him to the left, there was a girl soundly sleeping with her face turning on him; large t-shirt as her attire in which Suho had to remind that it was belonged to him.

 

Yup, she didn’t actually bring any cloth so Suho borrowed her his t-shirt and short pants.

 

Looking up to her peaceful sleeping face, a gentle smile bloomed again on his face. Was it true if Ling kept having nightmares lately?

 

He couldn’t believe that; he silently scoffed.

 

His drifted mind became focus again as he saw her turning and bringing her body closer to him, almost snuggling at him. She seemed to be undisturbed by the morning. But the fact that she was still sleeping had given Suho time to watch her closely.

 

Suho really had lost count of finding himself admiring her; thinking that she was beautiful. Even when she was sleeping, she kept mesmerizing him with her natural beauty. And to think that he would be the first person that she would see when she awoke, it sent butterflies on his stomach. In fact, he liked it when she was the first person that he saw in the morning. Somewhere inside of his heart, he really wished that it could happen not only for today, but for the rest of his life.

 

Ling stirred again in her sleep and her eyes fluttered to open. Suho smiled gently again. “Good morning, Beautiful.”

 

For a moment, she looked confuse to see Suho there. But she seemed realizing what had happened and quickly hid her sleepy face with the blanket as she saw Suho, making the guy chuckles. “Yah, what’s wrong?”

 

Suho tried to pull the blanket but Ling resisted. “Don’t. Don’t see me,” she almost shrieked. Suho chuckled. “Why?”

 

The girl took a peek, still covering her face from her nose below. “My face must be swelling and ugly,” she said innocently.

 

Suho only smiled to hear the innocent remark. “I don’t think so.” He raised his hand and brushed the falling hair on her forehead. “I think you’re beautiful.”

 

For a moment, Ling was only silent and blinked at him. Then slowly, her head sunk behind the blanket. It made Suho laugh as he noticed reddish blushes on her face. “Yah, what’s wrong?” “Can you stop saying that I’m beautiful? I’m not as beautiful as Hana-ssi.”

 

Suho’s chuckles faded and a gentle yet playful smile replaced it. “What’s wrong with telling my girlfriend beautiful?” “But I think you’ve said it too much.” She seemed to be nagging. Suho leaned closer. “Did I make you embarrass?”

 

Innocently, Ling nodded. Suho chuckled in return then brought himself closer. “I love you, beautiful,” he said then planted a peek on her forehead.

 

 


 

 

Luhan was drumming his fingers impatiently on the sofa’s armrest. His eyes were kept going back between the aisle to his front door and the clock on his living room. The night kept getting late yet no one came to his door as promised. Luhan heaved a sigh and leaned his head back on the headrest. The phone last night returned to his mind; Suho had called him to tell him about Ling’s whereabouts.

 

It made him relief to know that Ling was fine. Honestly, Luhan almost became insane to think about her. He couldn’t sleep thinking that she might be in danger or hurt. He almost swore that he would punish her and flew her back to Beijing when she returned. He was thinking to scold her. But everything perished with two sentences from Suho.

 

She’s with me. Don’t worry.”

 

Luhan could remember dropping himself to the sofa as he heard the words, feeling somewhat relieved. He then asked him the reason behind her action. But Suho took a moment of silent before replying him, “I think that it is the best for her to tell you personally. I can’t tell you much because I’m just an outsider in this matter.”

 

“But when will she talk with me?”

 

Eventually, Luhan. When she’s ready, she will talk with you” “When?” Luhan emphasized the word but the young CEO only chuckled lightly “It’s hers to decide.”

 

Luhan could only sigh back then. Sometimes, it reminded him that he hated Suho for talking in puzzles. But the guy was right, Ling would talk with him when she was ready. Seriously, it was killing Luhan inside for not knowing what had happened to her.

 

The beeping sound of the keypad lock of his condo’s door brought him back to reality. Luhan turned his gaze to the aisle of his front door. He pushed himself up from the sofa and walked in hurry to the door, ready to welcome the one that had come. No matter how angry he was with her, to see her coming back home, it was enough for him.

 

“Ling, wel—“

 

Luhan’s words trailed off and his smile went off all of sudden. A puzzling expression came to his face as a question ran across his mind. How could this girl know his passcode?

 

“What are you doing here, Kim Hyeri?”

 

But the girl only gave him a smirk.

 


Seriously, I'm going to miss him as part of EXO.

 

Hello, readers. How do you do? I'm so sorry for M.I.A.. Really really didn't mean to do it, but my job and real life's activities have taken most on my time. So yeah, no update for the time being. I hope I can update soon. And NO, I'm not discontinuing this fic. Probably, I just need longer time to update right now.

 

And I know this chapter is very short. But hmmm... do I smell a calmity before the storm?

 

As usual, this chapter is still un-beta-ed. So please excuse any grammar errors and mistakes. Honestly, I don't know why I'm in hurry to release this chapter.

 

Thank you very much for all the readers, the subscribers, the upvoters and all of you who left comments for this story. I can't thank all of you one by one like I used to do and I can't thank you enough for reading and loving this story. I really appreaciate every each of you from the bottom of my heart.

 

Sincerely,

Alize Sakura

 

PS: I want to leave you with this song.

 

 

Just click and play

No matter what, don't dislike the art that a man creates just because he has done a mistake.